Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players who where stars in Europe and now are playing in the NBA
I think it was obvious about Splitter that he was taken as a project by Popovich.. You just gotta love how this team runs, geniusly since Popovich is there.. Now when the old trio's about to leave they're already getting the next generation ready with great draft steals as usualy with Blair Splitter Hill etc.
Quote:Splitter will start next season. Hopefully Duncan will take him under his wing like the great David Robinson did for Duncan. Splitter is in the perfect position. On a Championship caliber team with some of the most intelligent, skilled players in the world for their respective positions. He needs to be patient and soak up the knowledge like a sponge. Splitter may get a ring this year.

I'm not so optimistic about Pekovic. His lateral movement is slow. Very slow maybe he would be better on a team like the spurs or Lakers that have more set and complex half court offenses. He would even do well on the Boston Celtics. I want him to be good but I'm not optimistic.

What do you think about Timofey Mozgov?? He had 23pts and 14 rebounds I think! Go NY KNICKS!! Also Danio Gallinari from Italy has become a premiere player after 3 years. Have you been keeping up with nay of those!?

I think you overrate Splitter. I would say Pekovic is far better than Splitter is.
Basically, Splitter is good at team defense, defending the pick and roll, defending face up and high post fours. That is about the extent of his basketball ability. He is just not very good overall, as his offense is very limited, his man post defense against centers isn't that good, and his rebounding is just OK. Basically, he is the Brazillian Jeff Foster.

Pekovic is a physical beast and tremendous in the low post on offense, but he is a bad defender, bad rebounder, and really foul prone. If he could ever learn to stop fouling he would be an offensive force. He is still a bad rebounder and defender though.

Mozgov has a lot of physical tools and talent. His problem is that he is very raw on offense and in his skill set. I would describe him as something like a stronger and more physical version of Tyson Chandler.

Galinari has all the talent and skills to be a great player. Unfortunately, he is as soft as Charmin tissue on offense, and he can't play a lick of defense, and he can't rebound either. He looks like another super talented player that just can't use his talent fully because of being soft.
i hope peko fails and comes back to pao Tongue . I also think that andersen will return to europe this summer (olympiacos maybe?)
Schwach wie flasche leer
Nikola Pekovic will do everything to prove that he belongs in the NBA and that he was one of the best players in Europe for a reason.

He will succeed in the NBA.
Quote:Nikola Pekovic will do everything to prove that he belongs in the NBA and that he was one of the best players in Europe for a reason.

He will succeed in the NBA.

i believe so too. sooner or later
Schwach wie flasche leer
It's better for many europeans players who have less time to back to Europe.Like Pavlovic,Radmanovic...and others(put some names). Wink
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Splitter and Pekovic will prove that they belong in the NBA, they need the time to show that. Next season they will improve a lot and be better players.

You're right Stefans, players like Pavlovic, Radmanovic,Songaila,Mahinmi,Ajinca,Andersen and Nocioni should come back to Europe where they could play much more and where they are appreciated. But I think that players like Andersen,Nocioni, Radmanovic still want to play in the NBA and prove that they deserve to play in the NBA. Maybe they have to go to another team. Mahimi and Ajinca are still young players and they have time to prove that he can succeed in the NBA
Quote:Splitter and Pekovic will prove that they belong in the NBA, they need the time to show that. Next season they will improve a lot and be better players.

You're right Stefans, players like Pavlovic, Radmanovic,Songaila,Mahinmi,Ajinca,Andersen and Nocioni should come back to Europe where they could play much more and where they are appreciated. But I think that players like Andersen,Nocioni, Radmanovic still want to play in the NBA and prove that they deserve to play in the NBA. Maybe they have to go to another team. Mahimi and Ajinca are still young players and they have time to prove that he can succeed in the NBA

actually nocioni gave an interview last summer stating that he prefers to return to europe when his contract is over

Quote:I wouldn't mind returning to Europe. Quite the opposite in fact... I've been in the NBA for six years now and i was never "crazy" to play there. I'm not like Scola or Manu who always dreamed of it. My dream was always Europe and the NBA just happened...Thus I wouldn't mind returning.
Schwach wie flasche leer
I think that Nocioni could still help a lot of teams in Europe. If he returns to Europe next season I think that we'll either sign with his former club Caja Laboral or Real Madrid. He didn't play last night for Philadelphia.

Nikola Pekovic played 14:20 minutes. He scored 6 points on a 3-5 FG. He had two rebounds, one block and four fouls. But he wasn't involved much in the offense.

David Andersen played 14:03 minutes and was involved a lot on offense in the time that he got. He scored 13 point on a 6-8 FG and 1-2 3PT. He had one rebound and one block. Good game for Andersen. He will get more playingtime now that Okafor is injured
Last Night Nikola Pekovic played only 03:51 minutes and scored 2 points. He didn't foultroubles. I don't know why they don't use Pekovic more. He's a good player but they don't use him very often.

Tiago Splitter played 27:55 minutes against Sacremento. He scored 16 points on a 7-8 FG and 2-4 FT. He also grabbed 9 rebounds. Good game by Tiago
Nikola Pekovic played 13:07 minutes and scored 12 points on a 4-4 FG and 4-4 FT. He also had 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block and 4 fouls

Too bad that he had 4 fouls otherwise he would have played more.

David Andersen played 8:59 and scored 4 points on a 2-4 FG. He had one block and two rebounds and no fouls. I don't know why he didn't play more.
Quote:Last Night Nikola Pekovic played only 03:51 minutes and scored 2 points. He didn't foultroubles. I don't know why they don't use Pekovic more. He's a good player but they don't use him very often.

Tiago Splitter played 27:55 minutes against Sacremento. He scored 16 points on a 7-8 FG and 2-4 FT. He also grabbed 9 rebounds. Good game by Tiago

Tiago is a beast and he is in position to take over for Spurs. Who was Pekovic playing against?
Nikola Pekovic has started the last three games because of an injury of Milicic. Against Houston he played 19:07, he scored 6 points on a 2-6 FG and 2-2 FT and had 7 rebounds. Against Indiana he played 22:44, he scored 15 points on a 6-9 FG and 3-3 FT. He had 6 rebounds and he limited Roy Hibbert to only 6 points(he had scored 49 points and had 20 rebounds in the two games before they played against Minnesota). Against Philidelphia Pekovic played 28:31, he scored 6 points on a 2-2 FG and 2-2 FT and he had 9 rebounds and three blocks.

He is showing that he can help the Timberwolves a lot when he gets the playingtime he needs. Eventhough the stats don't look impressive, he is playing very good defense
what do you think about beno udrih ?
what do you think about goran dragic ?
I think that Pekovic should stay in the NBA. He has the potentials to do good there, ofcourse circumstances will play a major role. He needs to go to a less run & gun team, is just not his style!

As a Panathinaikos fan I would like him to come back but on the other hand I want him to make his dream come true, which is not just to play in the NBA but to have a successfull career there! Thup

I also think any european player who goes in the NBA there is no way to become a star from his first season, no matter how good he was in Euroleague. Players that really want to play in that league must insist to their decision and play there at least for 3 years. After 3 years if they still on the beanch... ok then he should leave.

Spanoulis was one of the players that they had potentials to play in the NBA but he didn't want it that much. I was watching a Houston Rockets' game in 2007 and the commentators were saying that if he stays in the NBA, in some years he would be an all-star.

Just an example!! Cool
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
how much is the badget for this year in PAO and in olympiacous ?
Quote:how much is the badget for this year in PAO and in olympiacous ?

I'd say PAO around 15-20m and Olympiacos 20-25m euros...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Tiago Splitter needs to be more aggressive! i know he has the strength and ability. The Spurs need him. unrelated there is a rumor that Danilo Galinari is going back to New York knicks. Galinari still talk to his ex-knick team mates and of course his old coach and fellow Italian Mike D'Antoni. Galinari was a fan favorite and would add much needed depth of this shallow Knicks team. The problem is that Denver would not let him go for cheap....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's how top NBA stars have adjusted to rule changes ESPN NBA 0 460 Nov 17, 2021, 8:45 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Points and Roto: Which stars shine brightest in each format? ESPN NBA 0 262 Oct 29, 2021, 10:48 am
  NBA's 75 greatest players: Snubs, all-time starting five and more ESPN NBA 0 248 Oct 25, 2021, 5:03 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 261 Oct 21, 2021, 9:32 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 253 Oct 20, 2021, 12:51 pm