Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who can beat Spain now?? ESPANA ESPANA ESPANA!!
Spain isn't unbeatable and maybe even not the best...c'mon, this WC Spain was without 2 their important players and that changed everything...we could count 10s of great players of Lithuania, Serbia who weren't playing for NT last summer but that changed nothing. 2 the most important things are team chemistry and game plan (and luck, of course)...Also I very like coach Kemzūra's idea of making all 3 guards (counting sf as guard.....Greece used kinda same strategy) on the court to play as play-maker.

EuroBasket champs will be team whose players know how to make ball move properly.

I watched so many ball games and I finally understood what is needed to become the best...not mentioning things like team chemistry, luck, players' physical abilities, is creativity of ball movement...

Few weeks ago I saw 1992 Barcelona's olympics (? if I remember correctly) game where USA Dream Team crushed Lithuania with their great players...the most entertaining thing for me was to see how all players, no matter of their height, weight, speed, are passing ball for each other. Every players knew how to pass ball and was very creative...it's hard to explain it, but who plays basketball, those should understand what I'm talking about (I'm myself really like playing like that but it's hard when players don't know each other very well).
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Quote:Spain isn't unbeatable and maybe even not the best...c'mon, this WC Spain was without 2 their important players and that changed everything...we could count 10s of great players of Lithuania, Serbia who weren't playing for NT last summer but that changed nothing. 2 the most important things are team chemistry and game plan (and luck, of course)...Also I very like coach Kemzūra's idea of making all 3 guards (counting sf as guard.....Greece used kinda same strategy) on the court to play as play-maker.

EuroBasket champs will be team whose players know how to make ball move properly.

I watched so many ball games and I finally understood what is needed to become the best...not mentioning things like team chemistry, luck, players' physical abilities, is creativity of ball movement...

Few weeks ago I saw 1992 Barcelona's olympics (? if I remember correctly) game where USA Dream Team crushed Lithuania with their great players...the most entertaining thing for me was to see how all players, no matter of their height, weight, speed, are passing ball for each other. Every players knew how to pass ball and was very creative...it's hard to explain it, but who plays basketball, those should understand what I'm talking about (I'm myself really like playing like that but it's hard when players don't know each other very well).

I agree! Ball movement is so important! I just came from watching under 12 year olds play ball. There was a black team and a red team. In this age teams don't have names on jerseys just colors. The black team had small athletes but good ball movement. The red team had tall athletes but no chemistry. The black team won by 15 points! it was amazing to see how passing the ball to the best position is important. Everyone that was watching were commenting on how the black team were moving the ball. Ball movement and execution is key!
If plays Calderon, we will have posibilities to win.

If plays Ricky in the place of Jose, we will have a lot of posibilities to eat a shit.
Quote:If plays Calderon, we will have posibilities to win.

If plays Ricky in the place of Jose, we will have a lot of posibilities to eat a shit.

What 12 men would you choose?
So I guess no one could stop Spain after all. Brothers Gasol plus Ibaka is just too much.
Quote:So I guess no one could stop Spain after all. Brothers Gasol plus Ibaka is just too much.

You think that if Spain didn't have Navarro would be champion?! Baby Bag

What I mean is that is not the front line that makes Spain that good.

If Spain is full but without Navarro or Pau then is pretty vulnerable...! Wink
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Yeah Navarro is amazing he deserved his MVP for Spain. Spain has superb Front-court to back-court balance. The strength of the front-court elevates the back-court. Ibaka is part of that strength albeit to a lesser degree than Pau and Marc. Navarro benefits from having a strong front court. He has less pressure when he pulls the trigger on those bombs of his. Smile
Quote:I have a question for you.Considering your philosophy on naturalization. Do you think Ibaka may be a special case since he moved to Spain at a young age? He played basketball in Spain as a junior and his family still lives in Spain. So is the Ibaka case more acceptable to you?

For a mighty sporting nation that Spain is, no I would not accept this. If this was about a small country like FYROM however, that would be acceptable. Spain doesn't have to resort to such tactics to get a good forward on its team... or does it? Crazy
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Spain is a very good team, but! if you subtract P.Gasol and possibly J.C.Navarro at this point in time, then they just become another average NT. What goes up must come down, and eventually they'll hit the floor. Having a bunch of NBA'ers doesn't necessarily make you an 'invincible' team as such. Especially in style 'Euroball.' They've peaked out, and should enjoy it while it lasts. All teams are beatable at any given time, including the states. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  24/8/2008: The day that Spain almost shocked Team USA TB International 0 1,352 Aug 26, 2018, 4:09 pm
Last Post: TB International
Basketball European Summer League Spain June 2015 EuroHoops 0 4,038 Mar 26, 2015, 8:51 pm
Last Post: EuroHoops
  Friendly competition in Spain TalkBasket 4 4,519 Aug 7, 2006, 11:34 pm
Last Post: diego.es