Poll: Who is the best Euroleague player?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mike Batiste
0%
0 0%
Dimitris Diamantidis
37.50%
6 37.50%
Chuck Eidson
0%
0 0%
Marcelinho Huertas
6.25%
1 6.25%
Igor Rakocevic
18.75%
3 18.75%
Bo McCalebb
0%
0 0%
Juan Carlos Navarro
18.75%
3 18.75%
Sofoklis Schortsianitis
0%
0 0%
Vasilis Spanoulis
0%
0 0%
Mirza Teletovic
0%
0 0%
Milos Teodosic
0%
0 0%
Roko Ukic
6.25%
1 6.25%
Other(post your opinion)
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euroleague's Best Player!
PLEASE VOTE THE BEST PLAYER IN YOUR OPINION NOT YOUR FAVORITE!!!
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
You should change font. Wink
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:You should change font. Wink

sorry, what is font??
What have Mirza Teletovic, Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Chuck Eidson, Bo McCalebb, Marcelo Huertas, Aleks Maric done to be considered for this?

If we are truly talking THE best player, none of them has done anything to put them into that discussion.
This season it's probably between Diamantidis and Eidson. Generally I think two overall best players in Euroleague (if healthy) are Šiška and Navarro.
Quote:sorry, what is font??

Font:Big words in your case.But it's ok.
Teodosic!!
where is Rakocevic?
Quote:where is Rakocevic‡?

#5... added Ukic too, he has to be up there.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

This season it's Diamantidis, he's playing really good for Panathinaikos. He's the leader of one of the best team in Europe and in the Euroleague, he'll be very decisive for PAO every game and if he stays playing the way he does right now, PAO will be maybe the top favourite to win. Generally I think the two overall best players in Euroleague (if healthy) are Šiška and Navarro
Quote:What have Mirza Teletovic, Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Chuck Eidson, Bo McCalebb, Marcelo Huertas, Aleks Maric done to be considered for this?

If we are truly talking THE best player, none of them has done anything to put them into that discussion.

Teletovic is big player and one of the best sharp shooters in eurolegue.

Schortsianitis this year seems to be the most dominant big man in euroleague.

McCalebb and Eidson this year are two of the best in ranking.

Huertas is No.1 passer(6.1 assists) and is a top playmaker in general and a very decisive player for Caja.

About Maric... what do you mean what he has?! Huh last year was in all-euroleague team and that means that he was the best euroleague center.
Quote:Teletovic is big player and one of the best sharp shooters in eurolegue.

Huertas is No.1 passer(6.1 assists) and is a top playmaker in general and a very decisive player for Caja.

About Maric... what do you mean what he has?! Huh last year was in all-euroleague team and that means that he was the best euroleague center.

He is injured.Soon as he recovered he will play at the best. Thup
Quote:He is injured.Soon as he recovered he will play at the best. Thup

I know.... i'm a Panathinaikos fan!!!! Wink
Quote:Teletovic is big player and one of the best sharp shooters in eurolegue.

So now being All-Euroleague center one time qualifies you to be possibly considered the best player in Euroleague? I don't think so. None of those players has ever done anything to be put in this discussion.
Quote:This season it's probably between Diamantidis and Eidson. Generally I think two overall best players in Euroleague (if healthy) are Šiška and Navarro.

Maybe Siska was the best player in Europe, in the past that is. Saras and Papaloukas might have also been the best. But that time is past. Players like Papaloukas, Saras, Siska, Langdon are all clearly past their primes.

It would be fair to claim Siska WAS the best player, but not to say that he is the best player. He is clearly not the same player he was in the past.
Quote:So now being All-Euroleague center one time qualifies you to be possibly considered the best player in Euroleague? I don't think so. None of those players has ever done anything to be put in this discussion.

"I didn't put Maric in that list because he enterted all-euroleague team. I just believe that he is the top center in euroleague. Anyway, these are my choices. Is not neccasery to have the same opinion.
Quote:"I didn't put Maric in that list because he enterted all-euroleague team. I just believe that he is the top center in euroleague. Anyway, these are my choices. Is not neccasery to have the same opinion.

How is Maric the best center in Euroleague? He isn't even the best center on his team.

The list to me is more like best current player this season. It's not a best Euroleague player list to me. That should just be guys like Teodosic, Navarro, Spanoulis, Diamantidis. After that maybe guys like Siska, Batiste, Rakocevic. Guys that have been among the best players and are just slipping now due to age.

Really though, the "best Euroleague player" should really honestly be reserved for Teodosic, Navarro, Spanoulis, Diamantidis at this time.

Other guys like say Khryapa, Huertas, Bourousis, McCalebb, San Emeterio, and Ukic for example are getting there, but not quite yet. They all have the potential to be in that level but they need to win a championship before they get such accolades. Eidson, Schortsanitis, and Maric need to do more than just have one good season to be considered for this.
Quote:How is Maric the best center in Euroleague? He isn't even the best center on his team.

The list to me is more like best current player this season. It's not a best Euroleague player list to me. That should just be guys like Teodosic, Navarro, Spanoulis, Diamantidis. After that maybe guys like Siska, Batiste, Rakocevic. Guys that have been among the best players and are just slipping now due to age.

Really though, the "best Euroleague player" should really honestly be reserved for Teodosic, Navarro, Spanoulis, Diamantidis at this time.

Other guys like say Khryapa, Huertas, Bourousis, McCalebb, San Emeterio, and Ukic for example are getting there, but not quite yet. They all have the potential to be in that level but they need to win a championship before they get such accolades. Eidson, Schortsanitis, and Maric need to do more than just have one good season to be considered for this.

So Eidson, Sofo and Maric should have more than just one good season (even though Eidson for example had a good year last season looking at his stats) but Teodosic is one of the players that really are the best in the Euroleague.. cuz he's been so great 2 seasons ago with what? average index rating of 2?
Quote:So Eidson, Sofo and Maric should have more than just one good season (even though Eidson for example had a good year last season looking at his stats) but Teodosic is one of the players that really are the best in the Euroleague.. cuz he's been so great 2 seasons ago with what? average index rating of 2?

Teodosic had a great Euroleague season (MVP), a great EuroBasket, a great World Championship.............What has Eidson really done? A couple of good Euroleague years and won the Eurocup?

Seriously, this is the FIRST time in his career that he would be considered one of the best players in Euroleague during a season and we are still at the start of the Top 16 stage. Chuck Eidson has done absolutely nothing to be having people talk about him as Europe's best player.

Let's see him lead Maccabi to a championship and win the FF MVP before we put him that high. Best players "this season" conversation....sure. But he has not done anything to be considered the best player in Europe.

Maric and Sofo.............come on. Maric still has to even establish himself in a deep club. Sofo is having the first good season of his career.
I took your examples.. I myself didn't vote for Maric Sofo or Eidson, I voted for DD. And yes Teodosic has had a great last year or two but you took those 3 (Eidson Sofo and Maric) cause they've been in the top for only a year or two, how is teodosic any different?

I'd take Milos over Chuck everyday, he has balls and he's a winner something Eidson is missing (even though he took a great 3 pointer in Kaunas earlier this season)

I just didn't get your explanation, and let's not forget Teodosic has to show consistency as well as the other guys, I mean Maric had a fantastic season last year, and he got his team somewhere that pretty much nobody though they could get.

Eidson is definatly not the best player in the Euroleague, at least for now and I'm not sure he has what it takes in the no so much time left in his career to become the best but I don't think he should be left out of this topic as you said cause after all he is one of the best currently, same goes to sofo that in ~20 minutes gets the 6th place in index rating in this season for a guy that not so long ago wasn't far from losing his career because of weight problems.

Anyway as I said, you got me wrong, I didn't mean Eidson, Maric or Sofo are the best.. what I was saying is that if what disqualifies them from this discussion is the fact they're only succeeding in recent years, same should go for Teodosic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 176 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 372 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am