Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey NT
Actually they haven't decided yet. But I believe that they should. We need to refresh our squad.
#7 Onan the barbarian
Quote:Hedo Turkoglou and Kerem Tunceri quit NT! Mellow

I can see why Turkoglou stopped but why Tunceri? Huh

All the old timers should hit the road! Onan and Savas next?
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:All the old timers should hit the road! Onan and Savas next?

Is Savvas that old?! Huh
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Well Onan is, and on top of that he's a frikkin' prick, as worse as they come.

EDIT: OK, Savas isn't old, he's born '87, but he sucks nevertheless Tongue
Quote:Well Onan is, and on top of that he's a frikkin' prick, as worse as they come.

EDIT: OK, Savas isn't old, he's born '87, but he sucks nevertheless Tongue

I don't think they have so many good players to replace Turkoglou, Tunceri and Onan... and that's because they are not a basketball school.
Quote:I don't think they have so many good players to replace Turkoglou, Tunceri and Onan... and that's because they are not a basketball school.

They don't quit , yet Onan, Tunceri, Turkoglu and Gonlum will probabluy quit at 2013, tops. We are not a basketball school but I believe we have 2 guards to replace Tunceri (not as good but can be companion for Arslan), for Onan a healthy Guler can be an alternative. Gonlum's place can be replaced by Kanter and when Erden joins again then we can be quite powerful in the paint.

The only question is Turkoglu because more than a player he is an idol , after him Ilyasova and Preldzic will have to play with heavier responsibility.

I don't know the young ones but our u18 got the bronze medal this year, I believe we can find new players. Actually everytime new ones come. Hedo's retirement will be a test but it will be good to transform into a system team I guess.
So vakasimo what have the Turkish newspapers been saying about Turkey's performance in Eurobasket and not qualifying for the 2012 London Olympics?
Quote:They don't quit , yet Onan, Tunceri, Turkoglu and Gonlum will probabluy quit at 2013, tops. We are not a basketball school but I believe we have 2 guards to replace Tunceri (not as good but can be companion for Arslan), for Onan a healthy Guler can be an alternative. Gonlum's place can be replaced by Kanter and when Erden joins again then we can be quite powerful in the paint.

The only question is Turkoglu because more than a player he is an idol , after him Ilyasova and Preldzic will have to play with heavier responsibility.

I don't know the young ones but our u18 got the bronze medal this year, I believe we can find new players. Actually everytime new ones come. Hedo's retirement will be a test but it will be good to transform into a system team I guess.

I wish you'll have a great team for the next years too! Wink

Indeed, you are not going to have a problem in the paint for years.

Asik, Erden, Kanter are very young!

Really, who was that tall guy in your bench(seemed to me very young) that didn't play for a second?!?!?! Huh
Quote:So vakasimo what have the Turkish newspapers been saying about Turkey's performance in Eurobasket and not qualifying for the 2012 London Olympics?

In fact it is disgusting what they write because most of them are behaving like it is the time to strike. Actually in Turkey there is a war between federation+Hedo and the others. Last years success made the opposition cover but now ; they are charging.

Some respctworthy basketball writers pointed out that grudge and tried to stay calm. They say this team achieved well in 2009 and 10 and they failed at 2011 so we must get organized.

Actually these rumors about old players' retirement is about demanding a head for the failure. Very turkish unfortunately , we love heroes and we execute them when they fail.

Technically ; they are talking about the horrible percentage of free throws and 3 pointers and stagnant sets. But rebounds, defence and struggle is applauded, they say we need to train better pg's as well. (I agree, still I respect tunceri and arslan they did their best and remember they had their fundemantal many years ago, they are not the same generations with our big men)

Hedo to me ? Did much but rumors about him are disturbing , I don't know who is right though.
Quote:I wish you'll have a great team for the next years too! Wink

Indeed, you are not going to have a problem in the paint for years.

Asik, Erden, Kanter are very young!

Really, who was that tall guy in your bench(seemed to me very young) that didn't play for a second?!?!?! Huh

Thanks a lot.

Yeah but we need better pg's as can be seen.

His name is Izzet Turkyilmaz (actually if there is a -Turk- in the surname that probably means this boy is a balkan immigrant) he played even scored in portugal and gb(or one of them) matches. He is very quick and good shooter but quite skinny , actually he is a talented KID. But I liked his style , he is promising.

Apart from the subject , we should have used Akyol more, he is a good shooter, as an option he could be useful ( while we were shooting 20% behind the arc)
Quote:Thanks a lot.

Yeah but we need better pg's as can be seen.

His name is Izzet Turkyilmaz (actually if there is a -Turk- in the surname that probably means this boy is a balkan immigrant) he played even scored in portugal and gb(or one of them) matches. He is very quick and good shooter but quite skinny , actually he is a talented KID. But I liked his style , he is promising.

Apart from the subject , we should have used Akyol more, he is a good shooter, as an option he could be useful ( while we were shooting 20% behind the arc)

Ok, thanks!! Wink

I didn't know that about the prefix Turk-!!!

So that means Turkoglou is also a balkan immigrant?!
Vakasimo2, why Turkcan is never playing for Turkey??? Huh

He's a hell of a rebounder!!
Quote:So that means Turkoglou is also a balkan immigrant?!

His parents are from Serbia. And afaik Hedo speaks Serbian.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Ok, thanks!! Wink

I didn't know that about the prefix Turk-!!!

So that means Turkoglou is also a balkan immigrant?!

He is , remember Turkcan too. But Hedo's family came to Turkey while he was a child , Turkcan is brought to be a basketball player their cases are different, I don't know Turkyilmaz though.
Quote:Vakasimo2, why Turkcan is never playing for Turkey??? Huh

He's a hell of a rebounder!!

Actually he did for many years , he is about 37-38 now, so you know...
Quote:His parents are from Serbia. And afaik Hedo speaks Serbian.

It is Turkcan I guess , Hedo's family came before he started to play basketball, but Hedo can speak some yugoslavian ( I don't know which one)
Mirsad Turkcan and Hedo Turkoglu are Turks. Mirsad was born in novi pazar (serbia) but his parents are Turk. So Hido Bosnian-Turk,his parents came from Bosnia.Hido was born in Istanbul. I have a friend and he was Hido's childhood friend.
Quote:Mirsad Turkcan and Hedo Turkoglu are Turks. Mirsad was born in novi pazar (serbia) but his parents are Turk. So Hido Bosnian-Turk,his parents came from Bosnia.Hido was born in Istanbul. I have a friend and he was Hido's childhood friend.

Hido was born in Istanbul ? I knew he was raised in BayrampasŸa but didn't know he was born here. But still it is like what I said, TurkogŸlu and Turkcan cases are different.

Still I object about Turkcan his surname was Zahovic or Jahovic and he couldn't speak turkish before he came here, look at her sister she kept her surname until he got married with Mustafa Sandal.
I think Turkcan still can do so many things for Nat.team. like Jagodnik