Poll: Will some NBA stars join Euroleague?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
69.23%
9 69.23%
No
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA's Lock Out and... Euroleague!!
With NBA's lock out being almost guaranteed will some NBA stars join euroleague for one season?!?!
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Personally I think they won't because it depends more on their teams and I think they won't let them go. Sad
I think During lockout they can play for who they want.
(Feb 5, 2011, 5:39 pm)Raze Lupin Wrote: I think During lockout they can play for who they want.

I wish they can come... Biggrin
last lock out ( dont remember 99 or 2000) divac had came to partizan. Maybe Turkoglu or Okur to Efes ?
(Feb 5, 2011, 9:42 pm)Efes4ever Wrote: last lock out ( dont remember 99 or 2000) divac had came to partizan. Maybe Turkoglu or Okur to Efes ?

Divac played that year for Red Star.

I'm expecting Luol Deng,Kirilenko maybe Rudy Fernandez..
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
only the obvious. kirilenko, songaila, nocioni, rudy etc
Schwach wie flasche leer
European players or players that have already played in Europe, will come over to play in Europe if there is a lock out. I don't think that the American topplayers will come and play in Europe
(Feb 6, 2011, 9:57 pm)Kenneth23 Wrote: European players or players that have already played in Europe, will come over to play in Europe if there is a lock out. I don't think that the American topplayers will come and play in Europe

Brandon Jennings who great play for Milwaukee Bucks will come to Europe to Roma where he played after college.
(Feb 6, 2011, 10:16 pm)stefans Wrote: Brandon Jennings who great play for Milwaukee Bucks will come to Europe to Roma where he played after college.

Brandon Jennings has already played in Europe but I mean guys like Kobe Bryant, Lebron James etc. will not come over to play for a European team. There teams in the NBA won't let them and I don"t think that any team is willing to pay the salary that those guys want
(Feb 6, 2011, 3:33 am)suricata Wrote: only the obvious. kirilenko, songaila, nocioni, rudy etc

Songaila would probably return in any case. This season he's benched literally and I believe some solid Euroleague teams still would like to have him. Rudy wouldn't mind to go to Barsa I guess.

Lock out can bring many good players here. Just remember 1999 when Žalgiris got red hot T. Edney. I couldn't believe it when I heard it (I was following NBA very closely back than) and I knew how good he can be, but there was no brag from fans (no-one basically knew him). So basically, if there will come more NBA players and will get their chance (we know many players are warming bench in NBA) in Europe, there might be some surprises.
Tyus Edney wasn't a very good player in the NBA. In Europe he was good but in the NBA he wasn't. European players maybe will come back but the stars players will not move to Europe
Now's the perfect time for Kobe to finish his career in Italy Rofl3 Crazy
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Or in Partizan Biggrin
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Don't be silly u guys, Kobe wanna stay yellow Biggrin he'll come to maccabi :p
(Feb 8, 2011, 3:09 pm)Kenneth23 Wrote: Tyus Edney wasn't a very good player in the NBA. In Europe he was good but in the NBA he wasn't. European players maybe will come back but the stars players will not move to Europe

He was solid point guard, specially playing for Kings. And I think a little bit underrated. On other hand, NBA always has tones of options.
Kobe Bryant may leave Lakers and NBA for Italy if he does not like terms of new CBA, teammate says
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

(Feb 11, 2011, 5:14 pm)Black Urum Wrote: Kobe Bryant may leave Lakers and NBA for Italy if he does not like terms of new CBA, teammate says

It very interesting Cool ..What team in Italy can afford him? Maybe Armani?
(Feb 11, 2011, 7:37 pm)stefans Wrote: It very interesting Cool ..What team in Italy can afford him? Maybe Armani?

It was his dream since a child to play for Milano I think. It is not just about the money for him. He has said for many years he wants to play in Europe specifically Italy.
Here is an old article from 2000 about Kobe.

Bryant becomes new co-owner of professional basketball club

With his multimillion-dollar endorsement deals and his All-Star NBA status, Kobe Bryant, 21, just seems primed to become the next ambassador of American basketball. But it's his off-the-court moves that are attracting more international attention for the six-foot seven-inch Los Angeles Lakers guard. In a recent deal, Bryant became co-owner of an Italian league team, making him possibly the first athlete to acquire interest in a franchise while still active in the sport.

Bryant's 50% interest in Milan, Italy-based Olimpia Milano of the Italian Professional Basketball League (IPBL), allows him to share ownership responsibilities with current Olimpia owner and Italian business magnate Pasquale Caputo. Bryant's father, Joe Bryant, was named executive vice president of the franchise. Bryant is said to have chipped in $1 million of the more than $4 million reportedly spent to close the deal.

NBA regulations prohibit current players from owning a piece of its ball clubs, so the younger Bryant became interested in the overseas opportunity when approached by Caputo, said his agent, Arn Tellem, of SFX Sports.

"Our game plan has been to broaden Kobe beyond being an endorser of products. He's always wanted to become an entrepreneur," says Tellem. Bryant will spend some of the off-season with the team, while his father, who will be in Milan for about two weeks each month, is more involved in the organization's management.

Bryant's combined endorsement deals with companies like Adidas, Spalding, Nintendo, Columbia Records and GTE are said, by some, to rival his six-year, $70.8 million Lakers contract. His international dealings are likely to bring more global sponsors to Olimpia, which could likely benefit both the franchise and the IPBL.

Bryant said his decision to add partner to his resume was both a sound business move as well as a fulfilling addition to his own entrepreneurial aspirations. "I loved growing up in Italy and I've always had a special place in my heart for the country and the people," Bryant says. "So when my NBA career is done, if all goes well, I'll be over there."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 176 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 372 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am