Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 U19 World Championship Men
Quote:Is LR TV free? Do you have a website?

It's free and legal to watch here: http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/live/

But beside this, there surely will be more streams for the game. Smile
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Here is a video link about USA training and conditioning. It features U16 training from 2 weeks ago BUT you can imagine what USA U19 do. Oh and U16 have some monster talent in their age group. These kids go through hell to make the team.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/124224708.html

Here is the description of some of the U16 players from camp. Beejay Anya and Conner Frankamp sound beast!:

Quote: The tryout resembled a youth basketball version of the "X-Men," where players with freakish abilities converged on the same floor.

Beejay Anya, a 6-8, 295-pound freshman from Maryland with a 7-9 wingspan and the frame of a mountain, looked like a boulder when he charged down the lane.

Conner "White Chocolate" Frankamp, a 6-1 guard from Wichita, Kan., bounced a ball, caught it midflight, twirled 360 degrees and dunked leisurely while his teammates nodded in approval.

Johnathan Williams, a 6-9 sophomore from Memphis, made the 16-and-under squad by utilizing a precise left hook that proved indefensible. Williams, who has scholarship offers from Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida and Memphis, didn't even need the three-pointers he easily swished in warmups
[Image: nocomment.jpg]
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Something new? Many of the fellow Americans think that Serbia is part of the SSSR... Few of them said part of Russia, i guess that is closer...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Bye bye USA... [Image: bye.gif]

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

It will be a very interesting match to see. Lithuania has played very good in the tournament, Valanciunas has been great.Serbia has also played very good but they'll try to get revenge for their loss against Lithuania. guys who will be the champion in your opinion
I think that Lithuania has a better young team, but we will see. Everything is opened.
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Best talented countries plays. Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Lithuania won it with a super-incredible-awesome Valanciounas!!!

36pts(13/18FG-10/14FT), 8reb, 3stl, 3blk, 4TO in....40:00"!!! Thup Thup Thup

He is for a reason No.5 in the draft... in contrast with Rubio...
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Valanciounas awesome.Rubio can compare... Rofl3
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
I think you're forgetting Rubio's stats and medals at junior tournaments...

Golden generation

Lietuva was the strongest team in the tourney. This was obvious before the event started. Congrats to Lieuva for grabbing gold. Jonas V. was impressive! I believe Lietuva U19/U20 aged squads are special. This could be a golden generation! I can't wait to see these guys battling Team USA in the future senior tournaments. Let's all hope that Jonas, Donatas and others continue to get better!

Serbia

I was very happy Serbia made it to the final. I would have liked a Serbia vs USA final. That would have been fun. :-D The Serbians look solid for the future. Let's hope the new Serbian basketball federation cultivates this young talent. So far the new federation has won SILVER in only a few weeks/months. That it a great start! GO SRBIJA!

Croatia

Surprise!! All of the doubters about this team being too young (look at previous post) was off. Dario Saric and company proved good enough to compete with guys 2 to 3 years older that them. Beating both Lietuva and USA in group play. They beat Lietuva by 15pts! Europe undoubtly has another golden generation on its hands. wow! Croatia was the most exciting team to me other than USA. They could win or lose to anyone. Young and dangerous!!

Poland

These guys are young like the Croats and also were competitive. Polands future seems to also be on the up!

USA

IMHO USA was the most impressive team in this tourney. No, Team USA didn't medal. They only achieved 5th place overall which is the weakest showing for an American team in recent years. What is so impressive is Team USA had only met 6 days before traveling to Europe! Most of the kids were perfect strangers(did not know each other). They came from different schools, playing styles, different experience. Only a few had international experience one player was from high school. To put this in perspective team USA spent more time in Europe together than they did in USA training. They spent 5 days in USA training 17days in Europe. In this short time USA was able to grasp 5th place beating both Serbia(silver) and Lietuva(gold) on the way. USA basketball has again shown its strength even in defeat. A USA B/C Team can practice for 5 days beat Lietuva golden generation and get 5th place. Amazing accomplishment!! I was really proud of these guys. I wonder what they could have done with one month practce...GOLD Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eleven countries interested in hosting FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 TalkBasket 1 2,117 Sep 19, 2023, 1:28 pm
Last Post: LettCat
  FIBA World Cup 2023 Quarterfinals: Let's Predict the Winners! 🏀 TalkBasket 0 214 Sep 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  South American Basketball Championship (Brazil and Argentina) Abram Jones 0 1,501 Apr 3, 2019, 8:37 am
Last Post: Abram Jones
  FIBA World Cup 2019 European Qualifiers TalkBasket 1 2,671 Aug 24, 2018, 6:06 pm
  FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 (China) TalkBasket 0 2,166 Nov 12, 2016, 11:34 am