Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite College Team
Which is your favourite collegeteam and why?
1. North Carolina Tar Heels! Why? Because North Carolina is where my ancestors come from. I was raised to be a Tar Heel fan. The University represents the great state of North Carolina. North Carolina has a great tradition of basketball starting from high school right up to professional and international players. Some of the best basketball philosophy, strategy, coaches and players come from North Carolina. The State also is the home of Duke University, Wake Forest, North Carolina State and other Universities that have been historically good at basketball.

2. Oklahoma University because I graduated from the University. It is better known as an American football power house.

3.Oklahoma State University: They have a respectable tradition in basketball.

4.Kansas University! Why? Because it is the maybe the oldest and most historic basketball program in the world. James Naismith the creator of basketball was the first athletic director and basketball coach. This was his school and his legacy lives there. Kansas has also turned out some of the strongest coaches, players, teams ever. Kansas is truly the heart of basketball.

NORTH CAROLINA #1 CELEBRATING OVER 100 YEARS OF HISTORY!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-pwYLA0...re=related

MANY OF THE OLD PLAYERS ARE STILL ALIVE AND ACTIVE IN BASKETBALL DURING THE CELEBRATION THEY PLAYED lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_twGpS3W_...re=related
Maryland

Because of Jasikevicius and Nicholas.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

For me its UCONN. I have no connection to Connecticut but first started watching the Huskies led by Donyell Marshall/Donny Marshall/Ray Allen as a little kid and never looked back. Being from Wisconsin I also like Marquette; however, I am not a fan of the Wisconsin Badgers.

My final team is Murray State. I always liked the small schools and relished the few opportunities that I got to watch the Racers each year. It has been fantastic seeing the likes of Marcus Brown and Aubrey Reese playing in Europe.

Aubrey Reese hit the game winner in the 1999 OVC championship game to send Murray State into the field of 64. This is still one of my favorite NCAA moments of all time.

I recommend watching this from about 8 minutes onwards.

Other moments that had me going nuts are:

Florida State because of Dulkys, other teams with Lithuanians, Syracuse and lately I started to like St.John's. Smile
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
This season - Notre Dame. This team playing very solid basketball and i very liked Hanbrough and Abromaitis - these guys can shoot 3-point from anywhere Smile
Quote:For me its UCONN. I have no connection to Connecticut but first started watching the Huskies led by Donyell Marshall/Donny Marshall/Ray Allen as a little kid and never looked back. Being from Wisconsin I also like Marquette; however, I am not a fan of the Wisconsin Badgers.

My final team is Murray State. I always liked the small schools and relished the few opportunities that I got to watch the Racers each year. It has been fantastic seeing the likes of Marcus Brown and Aubrey Reese playing in Europe.

Aubrey Reese hit the game winner in the 1999 OVC championship game to send Murray State into the field of 64. This is still one of my favorite NCAA moments of all time.

Wow those are some great memories!! So what do you think of UCONN this year?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Basketball at the New LCA in Detroit TB NCAA 0 1,404 Aug 27, 2018, 5:24 pm
Last Post: TB NCAA