Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article about Lithuanian young talents
Hello, it's my first Blog about basketball and i read about Lithuania perspective - Kuzminskas, Valanciunas, Motiejunas.

Thx for reading and maybe you click LIKE button Smile
Where's the link? Unsure
http://sportales.com/basketball/young-li...a-why-not/
http://sportales.com/football/lithuanian...ew-part-1/

This is my another article - this time about young Lithuanian players in NCAA.
Quote:http://sportales.com/football/lithuanian...ew-part-1/

This is my another article - this time about young Lithuanian players in NCAA.

This article is on football, man, isn't it about basketball? Ha ha..saying true, first of all, you should read what you have wrote. Also many mistakes (tenses, prepositions, and things like that) and things like that in both articles... (hell, one of the biggest mistake was to write Kučinskas as "Kucisnkas" because my surname is same Huh )..what more about your wrote up...hm..Kuzminskas CAN'T play 5th position. Valančiūnas' performance didn't surprise very much of Lithuanians...even we expected to see more from him. His foul trouble is like that because of his defense that's why he has to foul his opponent very often. Talking about Motiejūnas, I'd like to ask you how he could defend centers while he is power forward? He's opposite of center. Absolute. Other question: have you seen him playing this season? He really pass ball well and he does that without any hesitation.

Blog about Lithuanians in the NCAA is translation of Lithuanian article on eurobasket...
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Found no other topic to post so I'm posting it here: my article about Canadian-Lithuanian prospect Nick Stauskas.

Quote:Probably some of Lithuanians feel really frustrated seeing countrymen emigrants who represent other countries in sports very well. During the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey many people heard story of Lithuanian emigrants Andy and Leo Rautins who represent Canada.

Also last year in Lithuanian media it was very common to see a name of Tim Abromaitis who had great season in the NCAA playing for Notre Dame university. This summer Tim was invited to the camp of students national team of USA what is real acknowledgement.

Nevertheless, there are much more players like that and one of them -€“ Nikolas Stauskas. 199cm tall small forward who is about to turn 18 years old this summer knows his origin and started to play basketball in Toronto, in sports club of Lithuanian emigrants '€œAušra'€.

This youngster'€™s had already played for Canada in under 16 years old (U-16) competition '€œ2009 FIBA Americas U16 Championship'€. Player who was seen by coaches of Canada's U-16 national team lately got more and more attention from scouts of the NCAA universities. Right now high school player of St.Marks prep. school is rated at 'Yahoo Rivals' as 99th prospect in class of 2012 (100th in ESPN) and 20th among small forwards.

For comparison, two players of Canada'€™s U-19 national team, Negus Webster-Chan and Sim Bhullar are rated respectively as 137th and 148th. Known as good player offensively, Nikolas had got many offers from such a known universities as Kansas and Wake Forest but he already commit to play for Michigan where he will represent 'Wolverines'€.

Family-type guy, who can speak in Lithuanian very hardly but understands language pretty well shared his thoughts with GreenHoops.zxq.net. As he says himself, he loves to spend time with his family and everything else is just basketball.

For full reading click here.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Thanks for sharing.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lithuanian prospects straight forward 13 11,192 Nov 12, 2016, 11:11 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Archive and rare photos and videos of Lithuanian basketball Black Urum 23 22,074 Mar 6, 2012, 2:55 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  Lithuanian basketball history dvd G0d3L 0 3,125 Feb 2, 2012, 12:02 am
Last Post: G0d3L
  Lithuanian NT statistics straight forward 4 5,505 May 20, 2011, 12:24 am
Last Post: straight forward
  The best Lithuanian coach? straight forward 8 7,723 May 3, 2011, 12:51 am
Last Post: straight forward