Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maccabi Tel Aviv 2011/2012
The media here says that the profit from joining the Adriatic (tickets+tv rights And I guess sponsors will pay more for more exposure or maybe there'll be more sponsors) should be 2m$.
Quote:Why not?!

Basically, you should sign him because you never know what happens with the lock-out!

If the NBA end the lock-out suddenly then you not only lose Farmar but you will not have Pargo anyway. You need a player there and who's a better available player than Keith?!! Cool

Maybe things got more serious, at least according to one.co.il they did. they claim Maccabi approached him, most of the time 'one' isn't very reliable but I really hope that this time there's some truth in their words.

Also either Hendrix or Macvan will be loaned in case Langford would come

http://one.co.il/Article/187672.html
Super premiere for Big Sofo against Zlatorog Biggrin

Papaloukas made his debut treading lightly, handing out only 4 assists, but he'll be getting around 8 or so soon enough Cool
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:Super premiere for Big Sofo against Zlatorog Biggrin

Papaloukas made his debut treading lightly, handing out only 4 assists, but he'll be getting around 8 or so soon enough Cool

Sofo with 2 games of 18 points.. 2nd game against Lasko he had 18 points and 9 rebounds in only 14 minutes Tongue DOMINANCE

As for Papaloukas, he had 4 assists in 12 minutes, if he keeps the rate of assist per 3 minutes, I'll be a happy guy Biggrin
Let's be fair tho, the Adriatic League isn't THAT high a quality in the first place Tongue

Let's see how Sofo performs in Euroleague games, as well as Theo.
I wouldn't say the whole league isn't a high quality league, but obviously there are stronger and weaker teams, Lasko wasn't amazing but hey, Novo Mesto held us to 15 points difference, many Israeli (and Euroleagur Biggrin) teams couldn't do that Tongue even the 'big' Jerusalem got 40 pts difference in their face.

Sofo I believe will do better this season, the big guy looks like he lost some fat and he seems more muscular, he looks quicker and stronger than last season, plus he has Papaloukas with him, that should help him both on and off the court.

As for Papaloukas, I don't expect to see the guy we've seen in CSKA, but he'll bring leadership, experience and a decent amount of assists.
We should wait for stronger teams against Maccabi.Like Partizan,Cibona,Olimpija maybe Cedevita,Zagreb or Red Star Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Does anyone know about KK Zabreg's level?

Do they have a good team?

I only know that they have the supertalent Dario Saric who by the way is on Panathinaikos list for the next years!! Biggrin
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Maccabi VS Cibona 97-81
Maccabi won Chance Cup by winning Hapoel holon, 78-74! Thup
So apparently Sofo will only play in the Euroleague because Israeli refs call fouls him as fast as they can, irrespective of if he's actually committed one or not? Crazy

Blatt is definitely pissed at them, and that's why Sofo is being moved to play only for certain games.
I think that charging fouls to "BIG men "is a general phenomenon but Sofo is the biggest one and there was always complaints from his coaches and fans and etc.

For example in 2009's and 2010's Greek League's finals, there was a matchup between Sofo and Pekovic! Smile

Both had an average of let's say 4 fouls per game! Tongue

Is just the fact that refs many times get confused and you can't blame them for that.

Now, about Blatt saying that Sofo creates problems to the team and the fact that he'll be available only for Euroleague games, I think will force Sofo dislike he's coach and create many more problems to the team with he's behaviour(we all know his behaviour, especially here in Greece! Biggrin ). And I think he''l be pissed by now... Bag
Well, he will be needed more in Euroleague and Adriatic league.
HOW YOU SCHEYER PERFORM TIS YEAR?HE CAN MANAGE TO BE A STARTER?WHAT ABOUT OHAYON?HE CAN BE A STARTER IN A A QUALITY EL MATCH? Dry
As for Sofo-good decision by Blatt, there are fouls that are whistled because it's hard to judge with such a big man but most of the fouls whistled on him are a complete joke, it looks like Israeli refs get payed per Sofo foul..

Teo-dislike his coach? He came as a player in the bottom of his career, a huge head case that wasted his potential and Blatt worked so hard on him and saved his career, the only reason Sofo was in the all-Euroleague 1st team is Blatt and Sofo knows it. His behaviour, eating habits and pretty much everything is so different from his time in Oly, I think Sofo would thank Blatt for this decision, definitely not dislike him because he doesn't like playing when being so restrained by the joke refs here in the league of midgets. If you'd hear and see how much respect this big guy has for his coach you'd know a huge thing needs to happen to make him dislike Blatt. And no worries he'd still play 2 games per week, you forgot the Adriatic.

Smooth Criminal- Scheyer had a rough start both in preparation and Adriatic but in 'chance cup' he had much more playing time looked more confident and his shots started falling, I believe he can slowly become a solid 10-15 mpg player this season in the EL and assuming Maccabi will bring another SG, that's also what is needed from him.
Quote:As for Sofo-good decision by Blatt, there are fouls that are whistled because it's hard to judge with such a big man but most of the fouls whistled on him are a complete joke, it looks like Israeli refs get payed per Sofo foul..

Teo-dislike his coach? He came as a player in the bottom of his career, a huge head case that wasted his potential and Blatt worked so hard on him and saved his career, the only reason Sofo was in the all-Euroleague 1st team is Blatt and Sofo knows it. His behaviour, eating habits and pretty much everything is so different from his time in Oly, I think Sofo would thank Blatt for this decision, definitely not dislike him because he doesn't like playing when being so restrained by the joke refs here in the league of midgets. If you'd hear and see how much respect this big guy has for his coach you'd know a huge thing needs to happen to make him dislike Blatt. And no worries he'd still play 2 games per week, you forgot the Adriatic.

Smooth Criminal- Scheyer had a rough start both in preparation and Adriatic but in 'chance cup' he had much more playing time looked more confident and his shots started falling, I believe he can slowly become a solid 10-15 mpg player this season in the EL and assuming Maccabi will bring another SG, that's also what is needed from him.

sofo loves blatt,it's pretty sure here in greece,believe me.what about ohayon?you didn't tell me.can he be a starter in euroleague level or this is a ''blatt-trick'' for the adriatic games?and do you know the number of the money smith farmar and papaloukas signed in their contracts per year?
I haven't seen Jon Scheyer yet playing but as every newcomer in europe -I think- he'll has a tough time adapting into european style of play. Baby

He's young and he needs space to show his talent. Is not easy for anyone to go from the NCAA straight to the Euroleague, especially in a big club with big expectations like Maccabi, and show what he's got from the very first games. Bag

He needs time!

@smooth criminal, I don't think Ohayon should be in Maccabi's roster. He's not for that level.
Quote:I haven't seen Jon Scheyer yet playing but as every newcomer in europe -I think- he'll has a tough time adapting into european style of play. Baby

He's young and he needs space to show his talent. Is not easy for anyone to go from the NCAA straight to the Euroleague, especially in a big club with big expectations like Maccabi, and show what he's got from the very first games. Bag

He needs time!

@smooth criminal, I don't think Ohayon should be in Maccabi's roster. He's not for that level.

yes,but blatt gives him a starting five position and 20 plus minutes per game.i want to see papaloukas role in the team,when euroleague will start.15 minutes for sure.especially in a pair with farmar,in the blat's favour two-guard scheme.
Quote:sofo loves blatt,it's pretty sure here in greece,believe me.what about ohayon?you didn't tell me.can he be a starter in euroleague level or this is a ''blatt-trick'' for the adriatic games?and do you know the number of the money smith farmar and papaloukas signed in their contracts per year?

I answered about Ohayon in the Euroleague signings and rumors thread, you can read it there Smile

As for Smith I'm not sure, I think around 400K is what was published here, Farmar is here for 25k/50k per month first it was published he gets 25k then they said 50k, I guess the latter is the right one. Papaloukas from what was said in Israel is getting around 400k-500k, all the sums are in $ of course Biggrin Maccabi is old school, always paying in dollars, except for rare occasions

Quote:I haven't seen Jon Scheyer yet playing but as every newcomer in europe -I think- he'll has a tough time adapting into european style of play. Baby He's young and he needs space to show his talent. Is not easy for anyone to go from the NCAA straight to the Euroleague, especially in a big club with big expectations like Maccabi, and show what he's got from the very first games. Bag He needs time!@smooth criminal, I don't think Ohayon should be in Maccabi's roster. He's not for that level.

Scheyer definitely needs some time, the potential is there, no doubt, but it's gonna take him a while, last games in 'chance cup' he seemed to have made some progress, I believe that eventually he can become a solid contributor in Maccabi.

As for Ohayon, right now he's not worth more than 10mpg in Euroleague and high Adriatic level, he's getting more minutes than expected for 2 reasons

1.He's surprisingly good, made a big progress

2.Maccabi's guard rotation is still missing one player, he's enjoying that so far.

He can become a legitimate back-up PG in Euroleague level but for that he needs to improve his shooting from mid-range and 3.
Quote:yes,but blatt gives him a starting five position and 20 plus minutes per game.i want to see papaloukas role in the team,when euroleague will start.15 minutes for sure.especially in a pair with farmar,in the blat's favour two-guard scheme.

He's getting more minutes than expected because he is surprisingly better than expected and because we're still missing a starting SG, which means extra minutes for those who originally weren't expected to get them.

As for Papaloukas, he didn't get to play in the 'chance cup' because Blatt decided this useless tournament isn't worth tiring him or risking an injury, especially in such a long season, especially for a relatively old player. But in his games in the Adriatic he gave what he was brought here for, smart assists, leadership and some nice steals. When he didn't get to play you could see him always active on the bench (or when not dressed to play, behind the bench) talking to players, calming Sofo down etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Maccabi Tel-Aviv Thread TalkBasket 0 2,089 Sep 8, 2018, 8:31 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2014/2015 TalkBasket 3 7,355 Feb 28, 2015, 2:08 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2012/2013 alen 14 15,553 Oct 25, 2012, 5:52 pm
Last Post: israelsportsradio
  Israeli BSL 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 11 9,913 Jan 30, 2012, 8:59 pm
Last Post: MaccabiTA
  Israeli league signings and rumors 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 3 5,665 Jan 30, 2012, 8:33 pm
Last Post: alen