• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maccabi Tel Aviv 2011/2012
I remember that game.Awesome Cool

He is truly hero of Maccabi Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Derrick's last minutes as a player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFYAigNB...ideo_title
The roster at the moment:

G-Jeremy Pargo, Jordan Farmar (lockout), Yogev Ohayon, Tal Burstein, Jon Scheyer
F-Devin Smith, Guy Pnini, Lior Eliyahu, David Blu, Milan Macvan
C-Sofo Schortsanitis, Richard Hendrix, Shawn James

Probably one more player will be brought, a foreign guard, and he'll complete the roster.

The roster is almost complete, I'm happy about how deep the roster is because this time (unlike 2002/03) we come ready to play in 3 competitions.

Anybody knows about rumors who may this mysterious guard be? Baby I read today that it may be Popovic, I'd really love to see him in Maccabi. I always liked him despite his bad defense
Are there anymore rumors who will replace Pargo on the team? If the lock-out ends Farmar will return to New Jersey. Are there any rumors of a return of Saras or Anthony Parker? Could a return of one of them be possible?
There were rumors about Parker when he was in Israel earlier this summer but they were denied by both sides. As for Saras, I really like him but if Pargo leaves we need a new 1st PG that can play at the top level for 25-30 mpg in the Euroleague, Saras is simply not enough.
Quote:There were rumors about Parker when he was in Israel earlier this summer but they were denied by both sides. As for Saras, I really like him but if Pargo leaves we need a new 1st PG that can play at the top level for 25-30 mpg in the Euroleague, Saras is simply not enough.

Maybe you're right. But I still think that Saras would be valuable because of his experience. I also think that Papaloukas will be great for Maccabi and he'll help them go far in the Euroleague. Are there any names who could replace Pargo?
Quote:Maybe you're right. But I still think that Saras would be valuable because of his experience. I also think that Papaloukas will be great for Maccabi and he'll help them go far in the Euroleague. Are there any names who could replace Pargo?

Papaloukas is definitely a good addition but that's because he was brought as 2nd PG, which I believe even in his age he can do perfectly in the highest level, but bringing both would be rather useless because you already have what Saras can bring in Papaloukas (experience, a great winner, a very smart ballhandler, true leader) despite the fact they're different players in their age their contribution for a top level team is pretty much what I mentioned.

And there's no name that was mentioned to replace Pargo so far.
Anthony Parker could be good addition for Maccabi Thup
I'd always wanna see him in yellow but he probably won't come back.. As I said, there were rumors earlier in the summer but both sides denied it
What happened to Perkins?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:What happened to Perkins?

Still injured.
Now it's official, Maccabi's new captain is Tal Burstein. Pnini has it all to be the captain, leadership, fighting spirit, Maccabism is in his blood,he lives the game, great connection with the fans. BUT Burstein's been in Maccabi for so many years, was part of 2 legendary teams and deserves the respect. Not giving him this could be not less than a humiliation so I'm glad they did that, but I hope that once he finishes his contract (2 more years) it won't be renewed, and then Pnini will step in the natural place for him.
What is the situation with Pargo?
He's not gonna come, now it's FIBA's decision.. I hope he gets some serious punishment, a contract should be respected, not treated as a recommendation and once you sign a contract you gotta do as it says.
Maccabi checks Keith Langford! Thup
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Quote:Maccabi checks Keith Langford! Thup

He is awesome player Cool
It would be great if we could get Langford but.. I doubt there's any chance for that to happen
Quote:It would be great if we could get Langford but.. I doubt there's any chance for that to happen

Why not?!

Basically, you should sign him because you never know what happens with the lock-out!

If the NBA end the lock-out suddenly then you not only lose Farmar but you will not have Pargo anyway. You need a player there and who's a better available player than Keith?!! Cool
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Maccabi's shareholders are cheap ass owners.. The odds that they will bring a player as expensive as Langford are very low. If they do bring him (or any other adequate replacement for Pargo) without loaning out any big-man I'd be surprised (and happy Biggrin) I think they plan on actually making profit (!) this season.. either that or they really did use the team money to buy Katz's shares and now they're using this money to cover that hole.

I have no doubt that we could use a player like Keith and we could use an extra PG as well when Farmar leaves (could be Perkins that should be after his injury by then)
Quote:I think they plan on actually making profit (!) this season.. either that or they really did use the team money to buy Katz's shares and now they're using this money to cover that hole.

Maybe they take profit.They payed 500k to Adriatic but they will also take money from TV rights Thup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Maccabi Tel-Aviv Thread TalkBasket 0 2,089 Sep 8, 2018, 8:31 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2014/2015 TalkBasket 3 7,352 Feb 28, 2015, 2:08 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2012/2013 alen 14 15,548 Oct 25, 2012, 5:52 pm
Last Post: israelsportsradio
  Israeli BSL 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 11 9,906 Jan 30, 2012, 8:59 pm
Last Post: MaccabiTA
  Israeli league signings and rumors 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 3 5,660 Jan 30, 2012, 8:33 pm
Last Post: alen