Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today FIBA apologized to Serbia for WC 2010
Today FIBA has public apologized for Semi-final on WC 2010 against Turkey Rofl3

Quote:President of the World Basketball Federation (FIBA) John Menini apologized in Belgrade because of judicial errors in the semifinals of the World Championships in Turkey, but urged Serbia to look to the future. Menini, after meeting with leaders of the Basketball Federation of Serbia in Belgrade, told reporters, according to Beta, the relationships of world and national federation, but most reporters wanted to know his view of the semi-finals, in which the player from domestic Turkey scored the winning basket from the out.

- I knew that we talk about how long I was getting ready for that answer. We talked about it on the board of FIBA and we have concluded that judges mistakes. It happens in sport, the pressure was enormous. I apologize for that, but that is a sport - said Menini.

In addition to the points, there were a few mistakes, but the KSS invested appeal because the Kerem Tunceri stepped on the line before the kick and scored the winning basket from 83:82.

- Judicial errors are part of the sport and they are happening. My life's aim is to look to the future and invite you to look to the future.
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Better late than never?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I am glad for this. This is also sport Wink
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
This is good! When an organization of any kind 1. doesn't acknowledge its mistakes and 2. doesn't improve upon those mistakes then it leaves the people to believe that organization is currupt. I'm glad they did this before Eurobasket, FIBA Americas etc...
To put it in Greek terms: He's trying to excuse the inexcusable.

This kind of error for me is indeed inexcusable. FIBA should offer Serbia some form of compensation for this, and not just "sorry, but just look ahead, the future's bright".

What a joke FIBA is (at times).
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
You should have watched the game in Izmir (Turkey-Serbia) when a Turkish player did a similar thing like a buzzer beater from WC (player was clearly out of field and reffs allowed him to shoot anyway), Duda was furious and they all laughed some time after that. Point is, Turkey has the biggest protection in Basketball ever. I dare to say, bigger then ex yu some decades ago...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Turkey have apologized to Serbia.They lost at home with +25 point difference. Rofl3 I hope we will meet at elimination rounds and get kick Turkey out. Cool
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
For me, it would be the sport moment of the year! :p
(Aug 14, 2011, 12:17 pm)Led00 Wrote: You should have watched the game in Izmir (Turkey-Serbia) when a Turkish player did a similar thing like a buzzer beater from WC (player was clearly out of field and reffs allowed him to shoot anyway), Duda was furious and they all laughed some time after that. Point is, Turkey has the biggest protection in Basketball ever. I dare to say, bigger then ex yu some decades ago...

Stankovic's protectorate of Srbja is stuff of legends :p

I really don't think his 'achievements' can be surpassed Crazy
I have to say, I didn't live those days, i only know the stories, so I can't judge, but I can clearly see the present.
From what I've seen in my lifetime, everybody does whatever they can for their country's team to win- they're all GUILTY Rofl3
Yeah, but, you know that some countries can do much more that other Biggrin
Sure- but my point is that everyone tries their hardest for a maximum result. It never happens 'by accident' Bag Rofl3
Like that Greek guy and those 20.000e :p

Yeah, I guess they all do their best...
(Sep 10, 2011, 12:21 pm)Led00 Wrote: Like that Greek guy and those 20.000e :p

Yeah, I guess they all do their best...

Elliniadis?
Idk, i didn't read anything about that, I just so that FIBA punished Greek Association with 20.000e

Who is that guy who did it anyway? Was there a topic on TalkBasket about it?
Yes it is then. Basically Elliniadis wanted Lamonica (they're friends apparently) to punish FYROM if their supporters started causing problems and being provocative (even politically) towards Greece.

What he tried to do was uncovered, and therefore that was the reason why he was fined (probably loose change for someone like that).
If that is true, then the article I read in Serbia is total bullshit :p
It was 15K euros and Elliniades is not an official member of Greek delegation.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

... and we saw how civilized FYROM's fans were during the Lithuania-FYROM quarter final... Rolleyes

Honestly I don't blame Elliniadis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments TalkBasket 0 126 Nov 22, 2023, 2:59 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  FIBA rankings ZEUS 22 16,911 Oct 4, 2023, 1:34 pm
  Eleven countries interested in hosting FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 TalkBasket 1 2,117 Sep 19, 2023, 1:28 pm
Last Post: LettCat
  FIBA World Cup 2023 Quarterfinals: Let's Predict the Winners! 🏀 TalkBasket 0 214 Sep 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
  No Teodosic and Marjanovic for Serbia in September’s WC Qualifiers TB International 0 2,846 Aug 30, 2018, 8:02 am
Last Post: TB International