Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ETTORE MESSINA new Lakers coach!!! What is your opinion on this??
Ettore to be 1st assitant coach on LA LAkers next season. What is your opinion on this!?

Quote: Source: Lakers hire Ettore Messina

Email Print Comments17 By Ric Bucher

ESPN The Magazine

Archive

Italian coach Ettore Messina has agreed to join Mike Brown's coaching staff with the Los Angeles Lakers, a source familiar with the negotiations said.

Messina will be listed as an assistant coach but will be behind the bench, not on it, and will serve in more of a consulting capacity, sources said.

Brown developed a relationship with Messina when he was head coach of the Cavaliers and Messina was the head coach of CSKA Moscow. Brown routinely flew to Italy, where Messina held CSKA's training camps, to pick up new ideas to use with the Cavs.
He would move to anywhere just to avoid Zeljko...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:He would move to anywhere just to avoid Zeljko...

Who is Zeljko? Is he associated to Real Madrid? I wondered why he left Real....
He meant Zeljko Obradovic, Panathinaikos' coach.
Quote:He would move to anywhere just to avoid Zeljko...

Hehe, nice one here Biggrin
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:Who is Zeljko? Is he associated to Real Madrid? I wondered why he left Real....

If you don't know for Zeljko than you don't know nothing about European basketball Bag
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
He is a notch above Mike Brown. It's a strange scenario and I do not see it working out well.
Being a fan of the intellectual part of this game this paring intrigues me. I like it when different philosophies clash and meld other than court competition. Basketball bringing people together I love it.

In a related note of clashing philosophies, American style defense has evolved to what some are calling Havoc defense. It's pretty much USA basketball official style now. Seemless transition between zone and man sets. Random traps, walls, double teams.international community hasn't adjusted yet. I wonder how they will respond in coming months.what do u think Skangles?
Quote:Being a fan of the intellectual part of this game this paring intrigues me. I like it when different philosophies clash and meld other than court competition. Basketball bringing people together I love it.

In a related note of clashing philosophies, American style defense has evolved to what some are calling Havoc defense. It's pretty much USA basketball official style now. Seemless transition between zone and man sets. Random traps, walls, double teams.international community hasn't adjusted yet. I wonder how they will respond in coming months.what do u think Skangles?

I've not heard of Havoc defense, do you think that Mike Brown is a proponent of this philosophy? He never struck me a defensive oriented coach. When it comes to the melding of Brown and Messina, I don't think that they'll have control over the Lakers whatsoever. In other circumstances it's possible that it could work, I can't see this being anything but a massive failure with the Lakers. I'd be really surprised if at least one of the Brown/Messina combo doesn't leave after one season.
Quote:I've not heard of Havoc defense, do you think that Mike Brown is a proponent of this philosophy? He never struck me a defensive oriented coach. When it comes to the melding of Brown and Messina, I don't think that they'll have control over the Lakers whatsoever. In other circumstances it's possible that it could work, I can't see this being anything but a massive failure with the Lakers. I'd be really surprised if at least one of the Brown/Messina combo doesn't leave after one season.

Havoc defense was coined by colligate coach Shaka Smart. The philosphy but not(usually) the name is used in USA Basketball in ALL mens level. It's remarkable watching this phenomenon in the U16, U19 groups. Those kids play the same style as USA B team this summer. I have also heard it called "American style" by some in USA basketball. It has no official name say like the "Triangle Offense". No Mike Brown is not a proponent of Havoc. Most talking heads agree Mike is solid to great defensive mind. He's been called a defense first coach by ESPN guys. I'm optimistic and excited about this combo BUT realisticly it may be doomed to fail. Like you said it in LA and well you know.... I hope the players listen to what these guys have to say. I just realized how rediculous that previous sentance I typed is.:-D
Yeah you're right Mike Brown is known for his defense. I guess I tried to avoid watching his Cleveland teams like the plague Laugh
He is preparing himself for the head coach job of the Nets.
hoops & rap

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakers 'picked apart' in second collapse vs. OKC ESPN NBA 0 355 Nov 7, 2021, 4:42 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 273 Oct 18, 2021, 4:43 am
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 267 Oct 16, 2021, 2:03 am
  NBA Power Rankings: Nets, Lakers and other preseason favorites ESPN NBA 0 281 Sep 30, 2021, 10:05 am
  Lakers' DAJ: KD, Kyrie 'bros. beyond basketball' ESPN NBA 0 288 Sep 13, 2021, 6:28 am