Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Misconception?
What do you think is the biggest misconception about your team?

(Stemming from things you hear everywhere, yet they're not true...)
I'm a New York Knicks fan. The presception of our team is that the KNICKS is a poorly managed franchise. Knicks spend to much on players. The coach while being an offensive mastermind has a weak defensive scheme. The overall veiw of the Knicks in recent years is that they suck. There is no misconsception really. It's all true. The Knicks kind of suck right now....
Quote:I'm a New York Knicks fan. The presception of our team is that the KNICKS is a poorly managed franchise. Knicks spend to much on players. The coach while being an offensive mastermind has a weak defensive scheme. The overall veiw of the Knicks in recent years is that they suck. There is no misconsception really. It's all true. The Knicks kind of suck right now....

Ha, nice optimism! lol
Thanks to incredible people like Gary Payton, the biggest misconception about the Milwaukee Bucks is that Milwaukee is a horrible city. This misconception is detrimental to recruiting free agents. Too me, the success of the franchise is far more important than the city. For example nobody complains about going to the Brewers who play in the same city. The Brewers have been one of the better managed MLB teams over the past season and have created a vibe that players want to be around. On the same note the Green Bay Packers play in tiny little dump of Green Bay but because they are America's best sports franchise (according to a recent ESPN poll) players actually want to play there.

This same logic doesn't apply to the NBA because the Bucks stink (it's a bit of a catch-22, they can't get good free agents so they struggle to improve) and NBA players get away with having much larger egos for a longer period of time than players of other sports.

While I'll gladly admit that Milwaukee hardly has the same appeal as the likes of New York or San Francisco. It's not as apalling as Mr. Payton would have you think. I'd rather live in Milwaukee than places like Indianapolis, Detroit, New Jersey, Memphis, Oklahoma City, etc. Milwaukee has a really nice river walk and the Lake Michigan water front.

You can argue that Jersey is just a stone's throw from NYC, but the same can be said about Milwaukee and Chicago. It's only a 1.5 drive. These guys could spend their free time in Chicago if they wanted to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roundtable: Biggest early surprises, draft-day redos and best preseason hunches ESPN NBA 0 335 Nov 4, 2021, 11:24 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  5-on-5: LeBron's ranking, overrated stars and the biggest surprises ESPN NBA 0 294 Sep 27, 2021, 8:12 pm
  5-on-5: Summer league's biggest surprises, disappointments and best 'veterans' ESPN NBA 0 343 Aug 14, 2021, 10:26 pm
  The NBA bubble is working, but the biggest safety test is imminent ESPN NBA 0 691 Aug 22, 2020, 6:26 pm
  NBA debate: Biggest unknowns, best matchups and the new title chase ESPN NBA 0 696 Jun 8, 2020, 8:01 pm