Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had the ability to buy a team...
If you had the ability to purchase a team, what team would you buy? Would it be your favorite team or would it be a team that you want to work with and build up the current roster? What changes would you make?
Quote:If you had the ability to purchase a team, what team would you buy? Would it be your favorite team or would it be a team that you want to work with and build up the current roster? What changes would you make?

I would buy the team I support and which so happens is for sale right now... Panathinaikos BC.

The things I would try to do...

1. Make it sustainable business, meaning same income and expenditure.
2. Build a new private 13-15.000 capacity arena.
3. Build a scouting network. Mainly in Balkans, Eastern Europe but also in rest of Europe and Africa
4. Build youth facilities where young athletes can learn the secrets of basketball, live and attend school
5. Finish off "organised fans"
6. Invest in a better marketing department
7. Establish strong presence in social networking
8. Create affiliated clubs from weaker leagues
9. Lobby for the creation of a multinational regional league (join or create new one)
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:I would buy the team I support and which so happens is for sale right now... Panathinaikos BC.

3. Build a scouting network. Mainly in Balkans, Eastern Europe but also in rest of Europe and Africa
4. Build youth facilities where young athletes can learn the secrets of basketball, live and attend school
9. Lobby for the creation of a multinational regional league (join or create new one)

Nice Cool
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:If you had the ability to purchase a team, what team would you buy? Would it be your favorite team or would it be a team that you want to work with and build up the current roster? What changes would you make?

It depends on the scenario. If I made it big in business and had extensive financial resources, I would be a less vocal Mark Cuban. I'd over spend and be overly involved in my teams operations, my GM would hate working for me. Since buying a sports team is an expensive and risky investment, I would be in it solely to win and enjoy life. Thus, I would definitely buy my favorite team the Milwaukee Bucks.
If I had the opportunity I would buy the Chicago Bulls!! Is my favorite NBA tem!! Biggrin Thup

I would spend as possible money as I'm allowed to in order to win the championship on my first year or the second. I would buy Vince Carter for sure because he is the reason I would try to win the trophy on my first two years. He is my favorite player and I am very sad that he didn't make it throughout his career. Sad Sad Sad

It would be perfect to see my all time favorite NBA basketball player to win a championship wearing the jersey of my favorite -NBA- team!!! Wink Thup
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Quote:I would buy the team I support and which so happens is for sale right now... Panathinaikos BC.

Indeed, nice thought but I think "Scout200" talks about an NBA team. Wink
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Quote:It depends on the scenario. If I made it big in business and had extensive financial resources, I would be a less vocal Mark Cuban. I'd over spend and be overly involved in my teams operations, my GM would hate working for me. Since buying a sports team is an expensive and risky investment, I would be in it solely to win and enjoy life. Thus, I would definitely buy my favorite team the Milwaukee Bucks.

Nicely said!
I would definitely buy my favorite team. Can you imagine if the team you owned played your favorite team for the title? That would be miserable. I don't know what I would want to happen.
Really good post Black Urum! I only disagree with one thing:

Quote:5. Finish off "organised fans"

I don't think this would be possible and/or good for the team. People in Balkans are really passionate about their sports teams, football and basketball most popular, of course.

I'm sure you all heard about atmosphere Partizan Belgrade fans make when Partizan plays Euroleague match in Pionir or Belgrade Arena. It's legendary! Sadly, I only got a chance to go once to such a match, but I will remeber it for life. And what a match it was: do you remember Partizan-Barcelona ? When they went into OT, and Roberts knocked that ball of the rim...

My point... Organised fans give the players extra strenght to play at their best for full 40 minutes, or more if needed. PAO fans also make a great atmosphere when PAO plays at home. Also, I'm sure OLY-PAO rivalry would not be as popular and as hard-core as it is now if not for those fans. Yes, some ugly things happened on those games, but for me, its part of the game somethimes...

Now, if I could buy me a team, I would wait for new law to be approved in Serbia, then buy Partizan, give them more money, so they can be competitive with Europes creme in that field, and changed nothing else. Just let current managment to continue doing what they were doing so far. Biggrin
Hey, guys! You can do it.

True Basketball Manager is a new text-based basketball PC game. Head a professional basketball team to lead it to the champion title. Control all aspects of the process: be the club president, the manager, the head coach or all of them. Enjoy unlimited seasons with this accurate and realistic simulation of the league similar to NBA. TBM 2011 provides you with new features in the genre:
  • The league is not static and can extend from year to year by new generic clubs.
  • Not a single legendary player will disappear if you play with the "Live Legends".
  • You can create also your own club with a unique name and logo.

My link

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 273 Oct 18, 2021, 4:43 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 267 Oct 16, 2021, 2:03 am
  Mock draft: 10-team, head-to-head points ESPN NBA 0 292 Sep 29, 2021, 10:04 pm
  Fantasy basketball mock draft: 10-team, head-to-head points ESPN NBA 0 300 Sep 29, 2021, 9:08 am
  Virus forces Mexico City G League team to Texas ESPN NBA 0 305 Sep 17, 2021, 12:06 am