Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelopoulos brothers leave ownership of Olybiakos
With the imminent toppling of both Olybiakos and PAO, it just might be time for PAOK to get a championship again Rofl3

OK, to be more serious now, just a few days ago the now ex-owners of Olybiakos, the Angelopoulos brothers, have decided to quit the team, citing a lot of bad blood coming from fans, those within Oly, and apparent unfair treatment from the refs for Oly "through the years". Of course the fans are startled with this, and don't want them to leave with their ultra-deep pockets, so they're organizing a massive gathering Oly's homecourt (SEF) to plead that the brothers don't go. Somehow I don't see them changing their mind, since I've always had a serious view of the both of them, a stark contrast to the Olybiakos morbid obesity ass gangster who owns the football team.

It seems that most Greek high-calibre players will be leaving from the Greek ESAKE championship, since due to the economic catastrophe the country is going through, salaries are being drastically reduced.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because this way representation in the Euroleague in terms of quality and depth reach in the tournament will be affected adversely, but a lot more Greek and 'cheap' players will get exposure in the championship, and ALL teams will be a whole lot more balanced, with who knows? Every game being a derby between the two sides?

I think it's high time the crap cleared up on the scene in Greece. If heads have to roll, then so be it.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should Olympiacos leave SEF? Black Urum 5 6,074 Nov 27, 2010, 11:32 am
Last Post: ZEUS