Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011/12 Panathinaikos
Just to mention: These jerseys were created just for PAO by adidas and is the model "NBA revolution 30"! Cool

That's latest technology in basketball uniforms and is used by all 30 NBA teams and PAO is one of the first clubs in Europe to have them!!! Wink Thup

Players said that they can completely concentrate on the game now because they don't have to think of getting warmed or becoming sweaty and things like that! Smile
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Zeljko Obradovic said he rejected Kevin Garnett who was offered to the team Crazy
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Zeljko Obradovic said he rejected Kevin Garnett who was offered to the team Crazy

Zeljko Laugh
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
I read this interview too and... god, I can't believe we turned down an offer for KG!!! Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy

Ofcourse my opinion is that none great club should make moves like this(buy players that will probably leave in some months).

But, damn man, he is Kevin Garnett!!! Baby Thup

The big "hole" in this year's roster is in PF position and KG is one of the best EVER in this position!!! Thup Thup Thup

He would mean only good things for PAO!! Ofcourse he would be PAO's marketing sweetest dream, he would inspire the other PAO's players and ofcourse he would be the best player in Euroleague even in this age(I think)!

PAO would never build a hole team plan for any player, so if the lock-out was over and KG had to go it wouldn't be so bad. Huh

We should sign him!!

KG, you'll remain a big dream for us! Sad Baby

But who knows, maybe if lock-out doesn't end... I can't wait for January!!! Rofl3

Obradovic also said that after he retires, he's thinking of writing a book that will contain his opinion about all the great players he coached!!! Wink Thup Thup

I really want to see this!!! Thup Smile
Today, Mike Batiste turns 34!!! Sad Smile

[Image: mpatist.jpg]

Happy birthday Mike!!! Wink

Here is a tribute to Mike Batiste's last season!!!

Guys what do think about Šaras' season in PAO? Last year he was kinda coming back to basketball after injury and a brake (Rytas/Fener) and already had pretty nice performance in Eurobasket 2011 (except that damn game against Macedonia). Now it seems he looks even better. He's not so slow as he seemed to be after that injury, or it's just me? However, he delivers almost in every game. Do you think he can still take a shot in a big games of Euroleague this season?
Quote:Guys what do think about Šaras' season in PAO? Last year he was kinda coming back to basketball after injury and a brake (Rytas/Fener) and already had pretty nice performance in Eurobasket 2011 (except that damn game against Macedonia). Now it seems he looks even better. He's not so slow as he seemed to be after that injury, or it's just me? However, he delivers almost in every game. Do you think he can still take a shot in a big games of Euroleague this season?

After getting a second chance at Panathinaikos Saras committed himself to the team. He promised to work harder than ever and he delivered. He is the first guy to arrive in training and the last to leave.

Besides, being worse than last two seasons would be difficult. In his last PAO season he had an arthroscopic surgery just before the league start and lost several months. Being old it took him some time to recover, so the season was gone. It was one of the reasons PAO administration released him (against Zeljko's wishes), because they felt his offer did not correspond with his salary at that season.

Some days ago Zeljko talked about him. He said he has finally matured due to being a family man now, also taking charge of the locker rooms. He is a leader and he behaves like one. And with the prick Spanoulis (with whom they had fights in their last season together at PAO) there is no one to challenge him.

He seems to really enjoy this period of his career and PAO days and looks to get the most out of it. The other day vs Drama and after a hard foul on Tsartsaris he jumped off the bench and asked form the ref to show the opponent player a yellow card and everybody laughed their asses off.

As for him making good EL games... honestly I don't think so. Because if I was Zeljko and I played big games I would want my guard to defend their hearts out and run like crazy. Something like Calathes did vs Navarro last season.

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Nice reply!

No doubt he's a leader. Sometimes even too much as in a game against Macedonia. I didn't know he had problems with Spanoulis.

When he with PAO visited Lithuania, he said that Obradovič is about to give him more rest for him after summer in the first phase of season and that he likes to work with him very much. I just watched some highlights of A1 and he seems to look like a ready to deliver Jasikevičius. Off course, his killing nights is probably over, and even I wouldn't trust him that much for clutch moments, but who knows - maybe he can still surprise. However PAO is a great place for him to be as a veteran.

Looks fresh here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP9JUmCKb8Y
He does 100% the job that Zots needs him to do.

Control the game, break the opponent's zones with his mid-range shot, pick n roll and being a leader on and off the court.

I'm very happy with what Saras gives to the team! Thup

About him taking a last second shot, he definitely can do it! The thing is that Diamantidis is the one who takes these kind of shots in PAO!

Until last year the choices for the last shot were DD and Drew(and Fotsis), but Drew(and Fotsis) left, so, it's Diamantidis the one who takes these shots now!
New York Panathinaikos fan club made and sent Obama his own PAO BC jersey

[Image: obama-panathinaikos.JPG]

^^^ Thup
Lavrinovic and Maciulis on Panathinaikos radar. Vasilis Xanthopoulos and Dimitris Mavroeidis are close to signing with PAO. Diawara who played for Varese last year, is also on the radar of PAO. I think that Lavrinovic and Maciulis will help PAO and Diawara would be a good replacement for Sato.

What do you think about this rumors?
Quote:Lavrinovic and Maciulis on Panathinaikos radar. Vasilis Xanthopoulos and Dimitris Mavroeidis are close to signing with PAO. Diawara who played for Varese last year, is also on the radar of PAO. I think that Lavrinovic and Maciulis will help PAO and Diawara would be a good replacement for Sato.

What do you think about this rumors?

I read the rumors about the Lithuanians, Maciulis would be an excellent addition.
Quote:I read the rumors about the Lithuanians, Maciulis would be an excellent addition.

I agree with you. Maciulis with be a great addition. He's a player that every team would love to have.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Panathinaikos thread TalkBasket 2 2,885 Oct 22, 2016, 8:20 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Panathinaikos 2014/2015 TalkBasket 0 3,580 Dec 30, 2014, 6:26 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Future of Panathinaikos BC Black Urum 26 18,937 Jul 5, 2012, 1:02 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  2011/12 Greek A1 Black Urum 34 21,805 Jun 8, 2012, 9:55 am
Last Post: stefans
  Panathinaikos VS Olympiacos 2011/2012 TeoTheGreek13 20 14,516 Feb 20, 2012, 5:28 pm
Last Post: straight forward