Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 Euroleague Draw
Quote: I wonder what it will be like for us when we play in Galata? Rofl3

Considering you will play in Vilnius, not much
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Considering you will play in Vilnius, not much

Yeah, I read that they will play in Vilnius. Blink

Whoever wins goes on??

There will not be two games?! Mellow
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Quote:Don't know if you know, but PAOK was formed by refugees who fled from Constantinople during the Turkish invasion into what we call 'micro Asia' the, the southwestern coastline of today's Turkey. I can remember shit always going down during PAO and Oly games, especially in Abdi Ipekci, with the throwing of bricks, etc. Tongue I wonder what it will be like for us when we play in Galata? Rofl3

I've heard something like that but not for PAOK , it was Aris I guess , they were the immigrants from Smyrna , right ? Then the PAOK are from Constantinople. Micro Asia = Asia Minor, yes I know that, I'm from Samsun an old Pontus city for example. We know some about greeks.

Galatasaray fans are not that fanatic, actually we played an unexpected final against Fenerbahce Ulker last year (you know always Fener-Efes finals are getting played) and I don't think our supporters will be pissed off taht much if we got eliminated.

HOWEVER ; Maybe Cyprus' deployment of the offshore platform at Aphrodite section in eastern mediterranian may cause some kind of provocation at the tribunes. I don't know what happens. I don't expect more than some vocal and pancard protests though.

P.S. : When you said invasion which event you reffered to, 1453 or 1922 ?
Quote:Yeah, I read that they will play in Vilnius. Blink

Whoever wins goes on??

There will not be two games?! Mellow

I didn't know that either. No problem then. Good actually ,

Vilnius ; not a lucky place for Turks.

But this year we have Lakovic, Songalia and Arslan. Good transfers for Galatasaray. We are not Efes or Fener.

Galatasaray and Galata are different places by the way , close but not same. (Assuming that you know where Galata is)
Galata, European part right?

Are you serious? Who the hell will go into trouble to make some banners to protest some gas drilling... as for fans, I think more people will go from central Europe (Greeks and Turks I mean) than from Greece and Turkey...

I think Aris is native to Thessaloniki. Another well known team from Asia Minor is Panionios...

And yes, it will be a knock out tournament with 8 teams, so 3 games (for the finalist teams).

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

I was somehow thinking that Galatasaray will be filled with stars, and they are, but not as much as you would think. Seeing Songaila in Eurobasket, he's not he guy to go anymore (defence is horrible, but he might be better as he fill fit better to European ball), the same with Lakovic. I don't hoe team looks generally, but I believe Rytas has good chances playing at home.
Quote:I think Aris is native to Thessaloniki. Another well known team from Asia Minor is Panionios...

Don't forget the rag that is AEK...
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
It will be interesting to see how PAOK holds up against the Turks. They're going to have to dig deep, if they want a positive result. Wink
Knowing our luck, Corey Maggette will come AFTER we get eliminated Crazy
Quote:Galata, European part right?

Are you serious? Who the hell will go into trouble to make some banners to protest some gas drilling... as for fans, I think more people will go from central Europe (Greeks and Turks I mean) than from Greece and Turkey...

I think Aris is native to Thessaloniki. Another well known team from Asia Minor is Panionios...

And yes, it will be a knock out tournament with 8 teams, so 3 games (for the finalist teams).

I thought I replied this one ut I can't see it now. Yes Galatasaray european sdes team. BUt it is not a district actually. Hey we mad it to euroleague. Amazing isn't it ?
Quote:I thought I replied this one ut I can't see it now. Yes Galatasaray european sdes team. BUt it is not a district actually. Hey we mad it to euroleague. Amazing isn't it ?

Are you a GS fan?

Not so amazing, I expected it.

Quote:Are you a GS fan?

Not so amazing, I expected it.

I am.

I had doubts. Names were good but they were new for the team.Besides we had to play against the hosts.

Amazing in terms of defining the happiness, but it was not a miracle, yes I agree that.
Quote:I thought I replied this one ut I can't see it now. Yes Galatasaray european sdes team. BUt it is not a district actually. Hey we mad it to euroleague. Amazing isn't it ?

Your quality showed from the first match, unfortunately for us Tongue
Quote:Your quality showed from the first match, unfortunately for us Tongue

Yeah PAOK seemed unready at Antalya (Rixos Cup) too. Anyway time comes PAOK rises again.
Quote:Anyway time comes PAOK rises again.

When their annual income is 500K euros and they have debts of 68.000.000 euros (not including third parties)... this time will be a looooooooong time.

Debts of 68m?! How the f*** did they get there?
Quote:When their annual income is 500K euros and they have debts of 68.000.000 euros (not including third parties)... this time will be a looooooooong time.

Maybe, but I believe they will survive. After your crisis likely.
Quote:When their annual income is 500K euros and they have debts of 68.000.000 euros (not including third parties)... this time will be a looooooooong time.

We're roughly in that neck of the woods yeah Tongue
Quote:Debts of 68m?! How the f*** did they get there?

Crazy By SpendinG Rofl3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 177 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 373 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am