Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL Olympiacos thread
Quote:David Blatt on his target with Olympiacos: “I want to revive the team”

Olympiacos new head coach, David Blatt, spoke with the Israeli website israelhayom.co.il and referred to his decision to join the “Reds” as well as the respect he has for Vassilis Spanoulis and Giorgos Printezis.

Here is what the 59-year-old coach said:

On the reason he signed with the three-time EuroLeague champions: “I signed with Olympiacos to revive the team. I want to make the team more athletic and the younger players more passionate, learning from the veterans. I wanted players that would match what I wanted to build.

Often, they used to asked me who are these players I had brought to my team. Then they saw what they did and what they accomplished. I like to build around these type of players. I love the players who start from the bottom and reach the top.”

On Spanoulis and Printezis: “I think Spanoulis is a significant player, a man who has the respect of everyone. He is an asset for Olympiacos in any way you want to see it. He is a symbol for Olympiacos, as is Printezis. I’m very pleased to be able to coach them.”

https://www.talkbasket.net/29976-david-b...e-the-team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Dimitris Diamantidis thread Black Urum 9 9,201 Nov 13, 2016, 4:37 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  OFFICIAL Panathinaikos thread TalkBasket 2 2,885 Oct 22, 2016, 8:20 pm
  Olympiacos 2014/2015 TalkBasket 0 3,390 Dec 30, 2014, 6:20 pm
  Kostas Koufos thread Black Urum 5 6,204 Mar 10, 2012, 2:02 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  Panathinaikos VS Olympiacos 2011/2012 TeoTheGreek13 20 14,516 Feb 20, 2012, 5:28 pm
Last Post: straight forward