Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in history from each country
(Aug 17, 2011, 8:44 pm)Green Hornet Wrote: About Big Z we can discuss, but Cosic?!?!?!? He's a legend in croatia. Have you seen his CV? He is a legend in Zadar, BYU (Utah) and Croatia / Yugoslavia. He was drafted by LA Lakers, you know, 1000 years ago when people in USA didn't know what Europe is...

Look, I don't have a clear opinion for this player. Baby

What I mean though is that he was definitely not as good as Galis, Petrovic, Sabonis etc!

About "Big Z", no question. I think whoever you're gonna ask will answer you the same thing with me! Wink
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Aug 17, 2011, 3:35 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: Fotsis in the top 50 of all time? Blink

Why not? 3 EL titles, 1 Triple Crown, 1 Eurocup, 8 Greek leagues, 1 ACB league, 2 Greek Cups, 1 Eurobasket, 1 WC final...

Holder of EL rebounds in a single game, EL Top35 in ranking all time, EL Top25 in rebounds all time, EL Top50 in scoring all time, EL Top30 in blocks all time

So yeah, why not? Surely deserves more to be there than Christodoulou or Fasoulas... talent wise, titles wise and hard work wise... not to mention he is playing in Greece NT in all levels for the past 17 years non-stop, only missing Eurobasket 2007 due to broken hand and has never said he is tired, his cat is sick or other BS.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Definitely a great player but I assume all the stats you brought are from the euroleague site which only count games played in ULEB's euroleague (which started in 2000/01) so yes, definitely impressive, and I also think of him as a great player but I wouldn't count him as one of the 50 greatest in Europe of all time. True he won many titles but never was the team's obvious leader.

I, like you, give a lot or respect to players who put the NT above few more weeks of rest and he sure deserves a lot of respect for doing that many years but still I really don't think of him as one of the best 50 of all time in Europe
(Aug 17, 2011, 4:42 pm)Green Hornet Wrote: What about Dalipagic, Kicanovic, Paspalj, Stojakovic ...

Ok Stojakovic and Paspalj but two others no. Wink
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
(Aug 18, 2011, 12:05 pm)stefans Wrote: Ok Stojakovic and Paspalj but two others no. Wink

Why not? Because they played B.C. Smile that doesn't mean they don' deserve to be in this kind of discussion...
(Aug 17, 2011, 10:06 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: Definitely a great player but I assume all the stats you brought are from the euroleague site which only count games played in ULEB's euroleague (which started in 2000/01) so yes, definitely impressive, and I also think of him as a great player but I wouldn't count him as one of the 50 greatest in Europe of all time. True he won many titles but never was the team's obvious leader.

I, like you, give a lot or respect to players who put the NT above few more weeks of rest and he sure deserves a lot of respect for doing that many years but still I really don't think of him as one of the best 50 of all time in Europe

Hellas has relied on Fotsis for years on end... his hand was the best from behind the arc, quite embarassing that a forward could shoot better than a guard. He has pulled us out of difficulty on so many occasions it's unreal. Unfortunately when he was young he got into a fight with a teammate of his and was tarred with the brush of a 'punk' and was therefore shunned by the media even if his performances proved he was of frighteningly high and consistent calibre. At club level, it was Fotsis who consistently shot the lights out and wrecked Barcelona's dreams of repeating its dream of winning the Euroleague once more. I too believe Fotis could be on the all-time 50 greatest list too Thup
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Pranas Lubinas is the most important Lithuanian to ever play the game.
(Sep 13, 2011, 9:34 pm)skangles Wrote: Pranas Lubinas is the most important Lithuanian to ever play the game.

Not the best though (probably. never seen him playing, even if I did it would be hard to compare to current ball) Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No NBA players for Lithuania in September’s WC Qualifiers TB International 0 1,483 Aug 27, 2018, 5:24 pm
Last Post: TB International
  Any UK Players Here Or fans? Empire 2 2,719 Nov 1, 2016, 5:14 pm
Last Post: Awesome
  New awesome sports platform for street players Link Sports 0 2,844 Jul 24, 2013, 4:09 pm
Last Post: Link Sports
  Looking for Female EU Players Phoenix Sports Club Malta 0 2,773 Jul 19, 2012, 9:53 am
Last Post: Phoenix Sports Club Malta
  Naturalised players in National Teams Black Urum 5 5,007 Jun 6, 2009, 3:47 pm
Last Post: Black Urum