Poll: USA vs Europe. Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USA
66.67%
4 66.67%
Europe
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-time USA team vs All-time European team
If we had USA's best players in one roster and Europe's best players in another roster, who would be the winner?!?!?!?! Unsure

You can write the rosters you think would be the best for each team, if you like!!!

I think that USA would win the game, not easy though! Wink
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Around 20 years ago i would say USA but now it's equal. Cool
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
^ +1
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Agree. We never saw that kind of match, not even close, so maybe that would be some sick new basketball going on there.
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:Agree. We never saw that kind of match, not even close, so maybe that would be some sick new basketball going on there.

Well that depends on which team bribed the referees with the larger sum. Rofl3 $$$$$$$'s!!!
If we use current players its about even. I'll pick USA because I'm bias BUT objectively its even if we can only have one team for Europe and one team for USA. Europe could start with the Spanish team then add Tony Parker, Nikolas Batum, Jonas Valanciunas, Linas Klezia, Dirk Norwitski. Not that Europe needs them but they could add Chris Kaman, Bo McCalebb, Joakim Noah....

Team Europe 1st team

Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Dirk Norwitski
Jonas Valanciunas
Linas Klezia
Serge Ibaka
Nikolas Batum
Tony Parker
Juan Carlos Navarro
Jose Calderon
Rudy Fernandez
Dimitris Diamantidis

Here you have the best from the Spanish team, France and some standout talents from other countries. There is also a good mix of youth, wisdom and athleticism. I'm pretty sure this team could beat USA "Redeem Team", "B-Team" or our USA 2012 Oly team.

After thinking about it id give a slight edge to Europe. Still I voted USA. It's really close guys! I think its a better to ask Europe vs Americas not just USA. Then we Americans can get Steve Nash, Tiago Splitter, Luis Scola, Manu Ginobli, Nene Helargo etc...
Quote:If we use current players its about even. I'll pick USA because I'm bias BUT objectively its even if we can only have one team for Europe and one team for USA. Europe could start with the Spanish team then add Tony Parker, Nikolas Batum, Jonas Valanciunas, Linas Klezia, Dirk Norwitski. Not that Europe needs them but they could add Chris Kaman, Bo McCalebb, Joakim Noah....

Team Europe 1st team

Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Dirk Norwitski
Jonas Valanciunas
Linas Klezia
Serge Ibaka
Nikolas Batum
Tony Parker
Juan Carlos Navarro
Jose Calderon
Rudy Fernandez
Dimitris Diamantidis

Here you have the best from the Spanish team, France and some standout talents from other countries. There is also a good mix of youth, wisdom and athleticism. I'm pretty sure this team could beat USA "Redeem Team", "B-Team" or our USA 2012 Oly team.

After thinking about it id give a slight edge to Europe. Still I voted USA. It's really close guys! I think its a better to ask Europe vs Americas not just USA. Then we Americans can get Steve Nash, Tiago Splitter, Luis Scola, Manu Ginobli, Nene Helargo etc...

Kirilenko is missing. He would be a starter for Europe. I'd also make the case for Luol Deng. Yes, the UK is a poor team but Deng demonstrated that he is capable of playing at a very high level in FIBA competition.
In my opinion, the All-Europe team right now, would be:

PG

Tony Parker
Dimitris Diamantidis

SG

Juan Carlos Navarro
Vasilis Spanoulis(Rudy Fernandez)

SF

Andrei Kirilenko
Peja Stojakovic
Nicola Batum(or Danilo Gallinari)

PF

Dirk Nowitzki
Andrea Bargnani
Antonis Fotsis(or Linas Kleiza Biggrin or Ersan Ilyasova)

C

Pau Gasol
Ioannis Bourousis(or Nikola Pekovic or Marc Gasol)
Quote:Kirilenko is missing. He would be a starter for Europe. I'd also make the case for Luol Deng. Yes, the UK is a poor team but Deng demonstrated that he is capable of playing at a very high level in FIBA competition.

You have too many Spanish players in your 1st line-up. That's not a team that could defeat a US team. You need to be a little more flexible in choosing. Baby
Quote:You have too many Spanish players in your 1st line-up. That's not a team that could defeat a US team. You need to be a little more flexible in choosing. Baby

What? I didn't suggest a team, I simply noted that any European team needs to feature Kirelenko and should consider Deng.
All-time, or these days? All-time would be pretty hard to draw, specially USA team. As for these days All- Europe team, I would go with such line-up:

Teodosič
Tony Parker
Navarro
Vasilis Spanoulis
Rudy
Linas Kleiza
Nicola Batum
Nowitzki
Kirilenko
Jaokim Noah
Pau Gasol
Mark Gasol (Mazgov)

That would be athletic and European ball minded team - pretty scary.
No offense, but no Diamantidis?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:No offense, but no Diamantidis?

There are more questions coming to someone's mind when he sees this roster! Crazy

Noah?!?!?!

Marc Gasol or Mozgov?!?! Mozgov... I didn't see that coming! Rofl3 Bag
+
No Diamantidis?!?!?!

Also, as I see, he considers Kleiza as an SF. So, why not Peja instead of Linas?! Both are very good though! Thup
Quote:No offense, but no Diamantidis?

I was thinking who's better DD or Teodosič playing against USA? I agree DD is better player overall these days, but I picked Teo because he's more offensive player and younger. While even Diamantidis' defence wouldn't be enough against USA guards and you have to have a great offensive day to beat USA. That's a close call and I just picked Teo as I think his offensive game would be more valuable than Diamantidis' all rounded game against USA.

TeoTheGreek13

Peja? He's old and can only shoot from distance. His career coming to the end obviously. Even if he would be still that good as he used to be, why should I take a soft wing player that retired from FIBA games for years, instead of active (internationally) and young talent?

Mazgov? He has athleticism and explosive power and even if your beloved Bourousis is smarter player Mazgov is bigger athlete and these things counts when you're playing against USA.
Quote:I was thinking who's better DD or Teodosič playing against USA? I agree DD is better player overall these days, but I picked Teo because he's more offensive player and younger. While even Diamantidis' defence wouldn't be enough against USA guards and you have to have a great offensive day to beat USA. That's a close call and I just picked Teo as I think his offensive game would be more valuable than Diamantidis' all rounded game against USA.

TeoTheGreek13

Peja? He's old and can only shoot from distance. His career coming to the end obviously. Even if he would be still that good as he used to be, why should I take a soft wing player that retired from FIBA games for years, instead of active (internationally) and young talent?

Mazgov? He has athleticism and explosive power and even if your beloved Bourousis is smarter player Mazgov is bigger athlete and these things counts when you're playing against USA.

Man, you exaggerate the "athleticism issue"!

Your sayings prove for one more time that Diamantidis' offensive skills are extremely underrated.

When his team needs score he's there. A simple example is last year's quarter-finals where he was the first scorer(of the whole round) against the Barcelona that has great defense! Thup

Everyone(except you obviously) would pick Diamantidis over Teodosic anytime about any game.

Even like that, Peja is still a small forward. Kleiza can't play in this position.

Ofcourse as you remember I think Fotsis is better player so I'd pick Fotsis. Oh, by the way, Fotsis is more athletic... Bag Baby

About Mozgov and Bourousis issue, Mozgov is just more athletic. His technique is... nowhere, he can't shoot and he is always in foul trouble. Thudown

Bourousis is better every day.

Thank god you didn't suggest Javtokas! Tongue

***Also, Sofo would be a match-up problem for every US center(these days) except Howard and I don't include Dwight because he's an awesome defender. In terms of physical powers though, Sofo has no opponent!
Quote:Man, you exaggerate the "athleticism issue"!

Your sayings prove for one more time that Diamantidis' offensive skills are extremely underrated.

When his team needs score he's there. A simple example is last year's quarter-finals where he was the first scorer(of the whole round) against the Barcelona that has great defense! Thup

Everyone(except you obviously) would pick Diamantidis over Teodosic anytime about any game.

Even like that, Peja is still a small forward. Kleiza can't play in this position.

Ofcourse as you remember I think Fotsis is better player so I'd pick Fotsis. Oh, by the way, Fotsis is more athletic... Bag Baby

About Mozgov and Bourousis issue, Mozgov is just more athletic. His technique is... nowhere, he can't shoot and he is always in foul trouble. Thudown

Bourousis is better every day.

Thank god you didn't suggest Javtokas! Tongue

***Also, Sofo would be a match-up problem for every US center(these days) except Howard and I don't include Dwight because he's an awesome defender. In terms of physical powers though, Sofo has no opponent!

As I said it was a close call, Diamantidis is great and can have great offensive games as well. However, naturally he's all rounded player.

Kleiza is SF/PF player. Actually he spent more time as SF in his career, however he was very good as PF in Olympiacos and Lithuanian NT 2010.

I won't continue debate about Fotsis Smile

Bourousis, Fotsis, Sofo? Why wouldn't you just bring Greek NT against all-time USA team Rolleyes
Quote:As I said it was a close call, Diamantidis is great and can have great offensive games as well. However, naturally he's all rounded player.

Kleiza is SF/PF player. Actually he spent more time as SF in his career, however he was very good as PF in Olympiacos and Lithuanian NT 2010.

I won't continue debate about Fotsis Smile

Bourousis, Fotsis, Sofo? Why wouldn't you just bring Greek NT against all-time USA team Rolleyes

First of all, I as you can see in my suggested squad I don't include Sofo.

About Bourousis and Fotsis I strongly believe they deserve to be in this squad.

***Navarro, Rudy, Pau and Marc Gasol... why don't you peak the whole Spanish NT?!?!? Wink
Quote:***Navarro, Rudy, Pau and Marc Gasol... why don't you peak the whole Spanish NT?!?!? Wink

That would be smart step. Dominant NT that almost beat DREAM TEAM of 2008 in Olympic final. Who knows what chemistry issues would face that All- European team, while Spanish NT is one of the most dominant national teams in the whole history.
Quote:That would be smart step. Dominant NT that almost beat DREAM TEAM of 2008 in Olympic final. Who knows what chemistry issues would face that All- European team, while Spanish NT is one of the most dominant national teams in the whole history.

Yeah, but here we talk about an All-Europe team man.

There MANY players that are better than Spanish players.

If you take Pau Gasol or Navarro out of the Spanish NT I can tell you a number of teams that would be able to beat them!

Is just the chemistry that makes them so good.

Anyway, back to the point, like I said, we talk about an All-European team so I don't think that all of these 4 Spanish players you chose would deserve a spot in this squad. Baby
My European dream team.

PG - Udrih, Diamantidis, Parker
SG - Navarro, Dragic
SF - Batum, Deng
PF - Nowitzki, Kirilenko, Lorbek
C - P. Gasol, Schortsanitis

Biggrin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  24/8/2008: The day that Spain almost shocked Team USA TB International 0 1,352 Aug 26, 2018, 4:09 pm
Last Post: TB International
  FIBA World Cup 2019 European Qualifiers TalkBasket 1 2,675 Aug 24, 2018, 6:06 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  USA national team rikhardur 4 5,270 Nov 12, 2016, 10:16 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
Basketball European Summer League Spain June 2015 EuroHoops 0 4,038 Mar 26, 2015, 8:51 pm
Last Post: EuroHoops
  U20 European Championship 2012 alen 10 9,429 Jul 23, 2012, 1:48 pm
Last Post: Kenneth23