Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AEK's future in the A2 league looking unlikely
With the mess that AEK is in financial and in terms of organization, they haven't got their papers and certificates/requirements in order to take part in the A2 league... seems like the team will fall into the B' National league. This IS a sensational turn of events for one of Greece's historic basketball teams Blink
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Good riddance.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Too bad.Some historic teams goes in league where is amateur level of basketball.Like Split and others... Thudown
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
AEK BC is another Greek tragedy. With the economic crisis at its peak, and the fact that they can't even pay a janitor's wage, the club is bordering extinction from the professional divisions. Yea, a pity for a club of history, and the first ever Greek club to make a final four many many decades ago. Cool
What's up with AEK lately ? I always knew 'em as the 3rd best sports club in Greece but i guess i was wrong, how could an economic crisis hit a club so hard ?
(Feb 10, 2012, 9:19 pm)delante Wrote: What's up with AEK lately ? I always knew 'em as the 3rd best sports club in Greece but i guess i was wrong, how could an economic crisis hit a club so hard ?

Because no one really cares about basketball(income<<<OUTCOME). Thudown

There are exceptions though.
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Feb 10, 2012, 9:19 pm)delante Wrote: What's up with AEK lately ? I always knew 'em as the 3rd best sports club in Greece but i guess i was wrong, how could an economic crisis hit a club so hard ?

Third best? Not even close...

Titles and fame wise it goes something like this:

1. Panathinaikos
2. Aris
3. Olympiacos
4. PAOK
5. AEK

Anyway they are in second division now and I don't see them going up anytime soon.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

(Feb 11, 2012, 8:29 pm)Black Urum Wrote: Third best? Not even close...

Titles and fame wise it goes something like this:

1. Panathinaikos
2. Aris
3. Olympiacos
4. PAOK
5. AEK

Anyway they are in second division now and I don't see them going up anytime soon.

He said, third best SPORTS club, not basketball club.
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future of Panathinaikos BC Black Urum 26 18,937 Jul 5, 2012, 1:02 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  Greek Basketball League Arenas forum troll 24 30,410 Nov 1, 2011, 10:17 pm
Last Post: Basketball Player
  Players Union vs Greek League Black Urum 3 3,334 May 27, 2010, 6:01 am
Last Post: forum troll
  2008/2009 Greek league (A1 div.) Konstantinos 49 22,051 Apr 8, 2009, 6:50 pm
Last Post: Black Urum