Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Spain
90.00%
9 90.00%
Slovenia
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter Final 1: Spain vs Slovenia
I hope we will see 5vs5 basketball in the second half, then slovenia will surely win, but we wont be able to beat the refeeres, it's a shame that such a talented squad as spain needs so much help Rofl3
Quote:I hope we will see 5vs5 basketball in the second half, then slovenia will surely win, but we wont be able to beat the refeeres, it's a shame that such a talented squad as spain needs so much help Rofl3

I don't thing refs did anything wrong so far. Huh

Although, I'm not pretty sure if Udrih's 3 pointer should have been counted.

Very interesting first half! I think Spain started the game with the usual Spanish arrogance and got completely surprised by Slovenia squad's intensity and willingness in the first quarter!

In the second quarter Spain outscored Slovenia 19-8 mainly because of their great defense! Thup

In the second half Spanish defense will may be even more tough so Maljkovic have to prepare his team properly!!

I hope Slovenia will keep up the great work in order to see a great quarter final instead of an one sided game!! Wink
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Udrih's basket didn't count. But the game is probably decided now

In my opinion the refereeing criteria wasn't the same on both ends of the field, our big men have serious foul trouble, veeeery little fouls called against spain. Because of the foul trouble our defense stopped to exist. I really hope that spain will loose in the semis, because they are HUGE cunts in my opinion.
After a great start, Slovenia really played horrible. It's a shame because Slovenia had the full support of the Lithuanian fans when the game was close (aka the entire arena minus say 100 Spanish fans). They couldn't take advantage of a makeshift home court advantage and the Lithianian fans lost interest once Spain started to pull away.
That was too easy... nothing more to say... Bag

I just hop the Lithouania - FYROM game will be more interesting! Wink
^ I don't! Give me a 20 point victory please!! Wink
Quote:Dunno, the way they've been peforming the past years doesn't make me think they even have a 10% Tongue

Spain is uber for Slovenia. I say only Russia can defeat them. (And I really want them do so)
Why is everyone so confident in russia? I don't see it. Sure, they are undefeated, but to be honest they were EXTREMELY lucky against Slovenia and FYROM. Sure, I am angry because that unlucky loss really destroyed Slovenia, but I think they are a mediocre team and if not for Monia, they might be the team spain destroyed today Biggrin

One think I am glad of is that it is finally becoming clear that E group wasn't so superior to group F. All the big names were there but only spain and potentialy france were realy outstanding. I wouldn't be surprised if both greece and russia manage to go to the semis, which means 3 teams from group F.
Quote:^ I don't! Give me a 20 point victory please!! Wink

I wish I could man... Sad
Quote:Spain is uber for Slovenia. I say only Russia can defeat them. (And I really want them do so)

Honestly I haven't seen a team on the same level with Spain yet. Spain will of course be in the final and I wouldn't be surprised they get the gold with 20 points or so difference, no matter who they are playing.

Also, let's not forget about Spain's favouritism from refs, the Spanish are in all the executive positions of European and international basketball calling all the shots. Only when we had Vasilakopoulos, that old fucking fart, he didn't pull any strings in Greece's favour Crazy
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:Honestly I haven't seen a team on the same level with Spain yet. Spain will of course be in the final and I wouldn't be surprised they get the gold with 20 points or so difference, no matter who they are playing.

Also, let's not forget about Spain's favouritism from refs, the Spanish are in all the executive positions of European and international basketball calling all the shots. Only when we had Vasilakopoulos, that old fucking fart, he didn't pull any strings in Greece's favour Crazy

It seems you are one of Vasilakopoulos' haters, don't you?! Bag
Quote:Why is everyone so confident in russia? I don't see it. Sure, they are undefeated, but to be honest they were EXTREMELY lucky against Slovenia and FYROM. Sure, I am angry because that unlucky loss really destroyed Slovenia, but I think they are a mediocre team and if not for Monia, they might be the team spain destroyed today Biggrin

One think I am glad of is that it is finally becoming clear that E group wasn't so superior to group F. All the big names were there but only spain and potentialy france were realy outstanding. I wouldn't be surprised if both greece and russia manage to go to the semis, which means 3 teams from group F.

Russia only needs to focus on defense when they do , I believe they will beat Spain.
Quote:Honestly I haven't seen a team on the same level with Spain yet. Spain will of course be in the final and I wouldn't be surprised they get the gold with 20 points or so difference, no matter who they are playing.

Russia has potential to defend the paint and they have tall forwards to defend spain shooters. They have the potential to win , they did before.
He's a dipshit, and no wonder he wasn't re-elected as FIBA Europe's head honcho.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:He's a dipshit, and no wonder he wasn't re-elected as FIBA Europe's head honcho.

In my opinion he's one of the important reasons for the high level of Greek basketball! Thup
Quote:He's a dipshit, and no wonder he wasn't re-elected as FIBA Europe's head honcho.

He was running for FIBA preznit, not FIBA Europe (where he was preznit).
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slovenia NT 2011 Black Urum 69 35,246 Dec 20, 2011, 1:56 pm
Last Post: TeoTheGreek13
  Spain NT 2011 btp13 29 17,117 Sep 24, 2011, 6:14 pm
Last Post: Raze Lupin
  Quarter-finals + Classification games TeoTheGreek13 70 29,850 Sep 22, 2011, 11:46 am
Last Post: Black Urum
  Final: Spain VS France TeoTheGreek13 56 25,563 Sep 20, 2011, 1:11 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  Quarter Final 3: France vs Greece Black Urum 45 19,937 Sep 17, 2011, 1:18 pm
Last Post: vakasimo2