Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
F.Y.R.O.M.
50.00%
4 50.00%
Russia
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronze medal game: F.Y.R.O.M. VS Russia
What FYROM posters do we have on TB that have been hating on Greece? I don't think that we have any posters from FYROM whatsoever on this board. At least not any of the regular posters.
(Sep 18, 2011, 10:57 pm)Fivepack Wrote: Finally I'm vindicated. Stojanovski failed under pressure, a clutch player he's NOT. A simple and open lay-up completely missed. A choker he is!! He must've been stoked, and who cares!! But I don't give a shit about FYROM. They "FYROMIANS," have shown spite and venom toward the Hellenic team in all forums, throughout the tournament. And 'I' had to bear their bullshit. Though most of them have ZERO knowledge of basketball, ZERO!!!

I'm also giving the LITUANIAN organizers the Thudown for allowing a majority portion of the Fyromians, to exhibit an illegal and politically motivated banner revealing the 'Star of Vergina' at the Hellas Vs FYROM game, and thus exposing them and their motives for what they really are. A totally disgusting and deplorable act that needs to be addressed.

Finally they DID NOT deserve any type of medal, because we all know it was a flash in the pan performance, and by the naturalization of McCalebb they are now in my list of cheaters. Just like Spain and a few other teams.

Puerto Rico is awaiting. And I personally 'GUARANTEE,' that they will NOT qualify for the Olympics. Not with teams like Lithuania with Kleiza and Maciulis coming back, Greece with the return of many of it's stars, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Russia, and so forth. End of story... Kissbutt

Hello I'm from Macedonia and I was lurking around on this forum and finally made an account. Whats wrong with fivepack? He sounds like he's really hurt for some reason? Does he have any personal problems with my country or what? I don't understand how can you be so rude for any reason ever. My country has 5 reliable players to play with and played full time with the same players and the fatigue got them. Also you cannot blame Mccalebb, he didn't win alone you know. He was first offered to play for serbia as far as I heard they didn't want him so KFM asked him to play for us, and he gladly accepted. They didn't even give him any money? On the game tho Damjan missed the clear points, the russians played better and got the win, we had problems with the rebounds.
^ Your team played good basketball, and I think they deserved the bronze over Russia.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
(Sep 18, 2011, 11:38 pm)ZEUS Wrote: I agree with that, but I think it's really down to foreigners' ignorance about the whole issue, and that's why it's not been any kind of big deal for the organizers. People don't know that these people call themselves (pseudo) Macedonians because they want to 'liberate' Greece's Macedonia, through similar means that Kosovo did with America's instant (surprise, surprise) recognition as a sovereign and independent state. They hope that a large chunk of Northern Greece will be handed over to them (obviously not by war because they don't have a pot to piss in) so that they can then have access to the Aegean... this may sound far-fetched, but with the things my eyes have seen so far, NOTHING would surprise me.

These are the intentions of FYROM, a country that's 40% Albanian, with the remainder being Yugoslav, Gypsy and Bulgarian. The only real relation they have to the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia, is that they are inhabiting on the ancient lands of where the kingdom once extended to. Any ancient ruin that still exists from that time in the land of FYROM has Greek scribbled all over it. Names of their cities are originally Greek. Yet they speak a tongue very close to Serbo-Croatian and a bit of Bulgarian thrown in, yet they claim they are the real 'ancient Macedonians'- go figure.

Alexander the Great spoke, wrote, and thought in Greek and worshipped the Greek gods. Yet these Slavs are claiming some kind of nonexistent historical connection with him. The only time that anyone has ever heard about them and actually given a shit about what country they are has been through this year's Eurobasket. So they are trying to cash in on this via any propagandistic means possible.

+1!!!
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Sep 18, 2011, 11:46 pm)hmmzo Wrote: Hello I'm from Macedonia and I was lurking around on this forum and finally made an account. Whats wrong with fivepack? He sounds like he's really hurt for some reason? Does he have any personal problems with my country or what? I don't understand how can you be so rude for any reason ever. My country has 5 reliable players to play with and played full time with the same players and the fatigue got them. Also you cannot blame Mccalebb, he didn't win alone you know. He was first offered to play for serbia as far as I heard they didn't want him so KFM asked him to play for us, and he gladly accepted. They didn't even give him any money? On the game tho Damjan missed the clear points, the russians played better and got the win, we had problems with the rebounds.

If what you say about Serbia and McCalebb is true, then congratulations from me to Serians for not accepting an American(or whoever who's not native) to their representative team! Thup

Well, I can't say the same about you... Bag

McCalebb indeed didn't won alone but without him I doubt that you'd be able to qualify from the first group stage. In the best of circumstances you'd qualify as third. Bag

I wanted to ask a question to a FYROMian about that issue and I'm glad I can finally do this. Smile

I want to ask you if you really feel proud as a FYROMian for winning the fourth place in Eurobasket led all the way by an American? Mellow

Of cousre Ilievski, Antic, Stojanovski brothers, Samardziski etc. helped the team to reach the fourth place but without Bo, you wouldn't be capable of competing for a medal.

Welcome to Tb !
(Sep 18, 2011, 11:38 pm)ZEUS Wrote: Lol, on what forums was this taking place? Don't forget that they are a deeply nationalist borderline racist country. Utlimately I pity them for the inferiority complex they have about being insignificant turds in the 'sands' of time.

I agree with that, but I think it's really down to foreigners' ignorance about the whole issue, and that's why it's not been any kind of big deal for the organizers. People don't know that these people call themselves (pseudo) Macedonians because they want to 'liberate' Greece's Macedonia, through similar means that Kosovo did with America's instant (surprise, surprise) recognition as a sovereign and independent state. They hope that a large chunk of Northern Greece will be handed over to them (obviously not by war because they don't have a pot to piss in) so that they can then have access to the Aegean... this may sound far-fetched, but with the things my eyes have seen so far, NOTHING would surprise me.

These are the intentions of FYROM, a country that's 40% Albanian, with the remainder being Yugoslav, Gypsy and Bulgarian. The only real relation they have to the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia, is that they are inhabiting on the ancient lands of where the kingdom once extended to. Any ancient ruin that still exists from that time in the land of FYROM has Greek scribbled all over it. Names of their cities are originally Greek. Yet they speak a tongue very close to Serbo-Croatian and a bit of Bulgarian thrown in, yet they claim they are the real 'ancient Macedonians'- go figure.

Alexander the Great spoke, wrote, and thought in Greek and worshipped the Greek gods. Yet these Slavs are claiming some kind of nonexistent historical connection with him. The only time that anyone has ever heard about them and actually given a shit about what country they are has been through this year's Eurobasket. So they are trying to cash in on this via any propagandistic means possible.

That will happen 'only' in their dreams. Not in a thousand Millennia!! Delusions of grandeur, but there still exists the Albanian factor.. Laugh
(Sep 19, 2011, 12:55 am)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: If what you say about Serbia and McCalebb is true, then congratulations from me to Serians for not accepting an American(or whoever who's not native) to their representative team! Thup

Well, I can't say the same about you... Bag

McCalebb indeed didn't won alone but without him I doubt that you'd be able to qualify from the first group stage. In the best of circumstances you'd qualify as third. Bag

I wanted to ask a question to a FYROMian about that issue and I'm glad I can finally do this. Smile

I want to ask you if you really feel proud as a FYROMian for winning the fourth place in Eurobasket led all the way by an American? Mellow

Of cousre Ilievski, Antic, Stojanovski brothers, Samardziski etc. helped the team to reach the fourth place but without Bo, you wouldn't be capable of competing for a medal.

Welcome to Tb !

I don't mind the american playing for the national team and pusing the team forward at all. Few years back an albalian was the captian of our football team and I really didn't mind that so I can never mind this. And I felt he was playing more for this country than our players, I felt sad when we fell out in the semis not because we lost but because I saw him cry while the rest of the team was stone cold. And think my nation is pretty much exaggerating all this its not that much of an accomplishment as they put it, but yea our basketball federation is worth like 300 000 Euros where Pau gets millions of salary. Anyway the all serbian story I read on some serbian forum or somewhere, it seems valid I don't know if it's worth linking it, if you speak serbian no problem, this seems as close as I can find for the Bo story http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/sports....html?_r=1 . I think this whole thing gave a big motive, now i can see small kids play outside basketball giving themselfs one of the NT roles(we'll see if this comes up to something few years from now). Anyway I'm not really into basketball that much(just watching the NBA playoffs and euroleague semis++) so i only registered to say my opinion on this pretty much, and fivepacks angry posts.
(Sep 19, 2011, 11:48 am)hmmzo Wrote: I don't mind the american playing for the national team and pusing the team forward at all. Few years back an albalian was the captian of our football team and I really didn't mind that so I can never mind this. And I felt he was playing more for this country than our players, I felt sad when we fell out in the semis not because we lost but because I saw him cry while the rest of the team was stone cold. And think my nation is pretty much exaggerating all this its not that much of an accomplishment as they put it, but yea our basketball federation is worth like 300 000 Euros where Pau gets millions of salary. Anyway the all serbian story I read on some serbian forum or somewhere, it seems valid I don't know if it's worth linking it, if you speak serbian no problem, this seems as close as I can find for the Bo story http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/sports....html?_r=1 . I think this whole thing gave a big motive, now i can see small kids play outside basketball giving themselfs one of the NT roles(we'll see if this comes up to something few years from now). Anyway I'm not really into basketball that much(just watching the NBA playoffs and euroleague semis++) so i only registered to say my opinion on this pretty much, and fivepacks angry posts.

" think this whole thing gave a big motive, now i can see small kids play outside basketball giving themselfs one of the NT roles"

This is debated on the topic "Is naturalization is good blah blŸah" and I agree your point, this will inspire basketball public iin your country. You did a great job indeed. With or without Bo.
(Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 am)vakasimo2 Wrote: However I wonder what do greeks think about them and their country. You want those lands back ?

Of course not.
Thanks for posting hmmzo. It is nice to hear that the youth have been inspired by the play of the national team. That can only be good for the future of basketball in FYROM.
[quote name='ZEUS' timestamp='1316432237' post='34435']

Of course not.

[/quote]

Then there is no problem.
(Sep 19, 2011, 12:37 pm)ZEUS Wrote: Then there is no problem.

The problem isn't really FYROM, but the Americans who want to chop and change the whole Balkan region...
(Sep 20, 2011, 1:14 pm)ZEUS Wrote: The problem isn't really FYROM, but the Americans who want to chop and change the whole Balkan region...

Well I see Serbs and Bosnians get along quite peaeful nowadays so I'M not afraid of a bitter clash there.

Balkans and Middleast , litle land many ethnicities and wrong borders made by someone else other from the the inhaitant of the region. Same troublesome conditions.
^ OK the matter has been moving into the off topic 'cafe parisien section' so perhaps keep the conversation going there then?
(Sep 20, 2011, 11:48 pm)ZEUS Wrote: ^ OK the matter has been moving into the off topic 'cafe parisien section' so perhaps keep the conversation going there then?

Right , definitely off topic. Finishing it will be appropriate.
FYROM wants to host pre-Olympic tournament.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi final 2: France VS Russia TeoTheGreek13 15 7,446 Sep 17, 2011, 1:16 pm
Last Post: vakasimo2
  Quarter Final 4: Russia vs Serbia Black Urum 32 16,463 Sep 16, 2011, 1:44 pm
Last Post: TeoTheGreek13
  Russia NT 2011 Black Urum 7 4,889 Aug 1, 2011, 11:13 am
Last Post: Black Urum