Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue
Quote: They "FYROMIANS," have shown spite and venom toward the Hellenic team in all forums, throughout the tournament. And 'I' had to bear their bullshit. Though most of them have ZERO knowledge of basketball, ZERO!!!

Lol, on what forums was this taking place? Don't forget that they are a deeply nationalist borderline racist country. Utlimately I pity them for the inferiority complex they have about being insignificant turds in the 'sands' of time.

Quote:I'm also giving the LITUANIAN organizers the Thudown for allowing a majority portion of the Fyromians, to exhibit an illegal and politically motivated banner revealing the 'Star of Vergina' at the Hellas Vs FYROM game, and thus exposing them and their motives for what they really are.

I agree with that, but I think it's really down to foreigners' ignorance about the whole issue, and that's why it's not been any kind of big deal for the organizers. People don't know that these people call themselves (pseudo) Macedonians because they want to 'liberate' Greece's Macedonia, through similar means that Kosovo did with America's instant (surprise, surprise) recognition as a sovereign and independent state. They hope that a large chunk of Northern Greece will be handed over to them (obviously not by war because they don't have a pot to piss in) so that they can then have access to the Aegean... this may sound far-fetched, but with the things my eyes have seen so far, NOTHING would surprise me.

These are the intentions of FYROM, a country that's 40% Albanian, with the remainder being Yugoslav, Gypsy and Bulgarian. The only real relation they have to the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia, is that they are inhabiting on the ancient lands of where the kingdom once extended to. Any ancient ruin that still exists from that time in the land of FYROM has Greek scribbled all over it. Names of their cities are originally Greek. Yet they speak a tongue very close to Serbo-Croatian and a bit of Bulgarian thrown in, yet they claim they are the real 'ancient Macedonians'- go figure.

Alexander the Great spoke, wrote, and thought in Greek and worshipped the Greek gods. Yet these Slavs are claiming some kind of nonexistent historical connection with him. The only time that anyone has ever heard about them and actually given a shit about what country they are has been through this year's Eurobasket. So they are trying to cash in on this via any propagandistic means possible.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
I agree it is ridiculous to claim that Alexander was slavic. And I agree that FYR Macedonia shoudn't get any Greek soil from gREECE TOO.

However I wonder what do greeks think about them and their country. You want those lands back ?
(Sep 18, 2011, 2:05 am)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: Pero Antic just fits perfect to FYROM.

In Olympiacos he'll be a joke... Baby Thudown

The player Pero Antic is from country called Macedonia. Yugoslavia doesnt exist any more! Please respect this!
(Sep 19, 2011, 11:48 am)klanec Wrote: The player Pero Antic is from country called Macedonia. Yugoslavia doesnt exist any more! Please respect this!

There is no country in this planet called Macedonia. Agree

Macedonia is a Greek state! Thup

Please read some history! Baby
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Sep 19, 2011, 1:08 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: There is no country in this planet called Macedonia. Agree

Macedonia is a Greek state! Thup

Please read some history! Baby

Everybody can read "fake" wikipedia history. But seriously based history? I doubt in you...TheoThe"Greek"13... Smile

At least treat the players equaly. In this case Pero Antic...so what if he is on Olympiacos list.

Good games on Eurobasket 2011.

4. Macedonia
6. Greece
Yugoslavia doesn't exist, that is correct, but that is why the full name is "Formal Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia" where FORMER represents something that is gone. All of us from the Ex-Yu call it Macedonia, but until "the big ones" says that is it's real name, we have to respect Greeks and call it FYROM.
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Like I've said before, the only relation the country of FYROM has to the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia was that the kingdom's land extended into a large part of FYROM, and part of Bulgaria (why don't THEY want to call themselves Macedonian I wonder?). This is not grounds for a country to claim another country's history as being their own- and even worse, looking to grab land from Greece, just because the Americans are 'assisting' them to do this.

Also the term Yugoslavia is old, but it is used sometimes as a collective quick term referring to someone from either Bosnia, Serbia, Slovenia, FYROM, or Croatia. No insult at all is intended.
(Sep 19, 2011, 5:24 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: You think I care that FYROMians had the best eurobasket they'll ever had?!?!!? Baby

The thing is Greece will be in the Olympicsc and FYROM won't. Wink

*I doubt that you're Slovenian...

+1 to Led00 Thudown

100% from Slovenia. But this doesnt mater at all. I hate injustice..and this with Antic and FYROM was one.

Hope he signs for Oly...

Respect Greece and specialy that kind of people like "zeus" - good explanation.

Hope once again Greece and Macedonia will solve problems.

Now back to basket...anybody knows how much is this year budget from Oly and Pao?
(Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 am)vakasimo2 Wrote: I agree it is ridiculous to claim that Alexander was slavic. And I agree that FYR Macedonia shoudn't get any Greek soil from gREECE TOO.

However I wonder what do greeks think about them and their country. You want those lands back ?

Things on how I see them

Claims:

FYROM claims the monopoly to "Macedonia" and say they are direct descendants of Alexander the Great.

Greece claims "ancient Macedonians" was a Hellenic tribe, with Hellenic culture, language and initial land.

It really doesn't help when one party (FYROM) calls itself Macedonia, as a state while the other (Greece) has a province called Macedonia.

Greece doesn't ask FYROM not to use the term of Macedonia, nor has it land claims... Greece is willing to arrange some sort of solution where the "two Macedonians" will be easily distinguished, like "Northen Macedonia", "Slavomacedonia", "Vardarska Macedonia" etc...

I don't dispute that some, or maybe many, of ancient Macedonians somehow got assimilated into Slavic culture and are indeed direct descendants of Alexander the Great etc... but even if that's the case... the current nation has nothing to do with the ancient one. They don't use Greek alphabet or language, their names are not "ancient Macedonian" names and they are a Slavic nation now.

I understand the need of newly formed states to bid on nationalistic and patriotic feelings to establish some sort of "identity" for the nation itself and for its citizens. Especially if the population is not homogenous... Slavomacedonians, Bulgarians, Albanians, Serbs etc... still could go for a more original and "own" identity.

And last, even if the issue is not solved, I don't think it benefits any of the two parties that there is a rift over it that affects all aspects. Normally the two countries should be #1 financial, cultural (I mean as "Macedonians" they should be friendly inclined to Greek language?) and strategic partners (common Bulgaria and Albania surrounding poles). Instead the two government give stupidity shows over some letters. And as a Greek I'm happy the Greek government has become much more "softer" and has made many steps back on this issue. Can't say same on FYROM though who feeds on the insecurities of its own people and is stuck with a nationalist government.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

There is a state called Brabant in the Netherlands and there is a state called Brabant in Belgium.

The Dutch have a joke that asks "What happens when somebody from (Dutch) Brabant moves to Belgium? ... The intelligence increases in both countries"

Whereas the Belgians have a joke that asks "What happens when somebody from (Belgian) Brabant moves to the Netherlands? ... The intelligence increases in both countries"

With that they have resolved their international naming rift. I propose a similar solution for Macedonia. :p
(Sep 20, 2011, 5:59 pm)Black Urum Wrote: Things on how I see them

Claims:

FYROM claims the monopoly to "Macedonia" and say they are direct descendants of Alexander the Great.

Greece claims "ancient Macedonians" was a Hellenic tribe, with Hellenic culture, language and initial land.

It really doesn't help when one party (FYROM) calls itself Macedonia, as a state while the other (Greece) has a province called Macedonia.

Greece doesn't ask FYROM not to use the term of Macedonia, nor has it land claims... Greece is willing to arrange some sort of solution where the "two Macedonians" will be easily distinguished, like "Northen Macedonia", "Slavomacedonia", "Vardarska Macedonia" etc...

I don't dispute that some, or maybe many, of ancient Macedonians somehow got assimilated into Slavic culture and are indeed direct descendants of Alexander the Great etc... but even if that's the case... the current nation has nothing to do with the ancient one. They don't use Greek alphabet or language, their names are not "ancient Macedonian" names and they are a Slavic nation now.

I understand the need of newly formed states to bid on nationalistic and patriotic feelings to establish some sort of "identity" for the nation itself and for its citizens. Especially if the population is not homogenous... Slavomacedonians, Bulgarians, Albanians, Serbs etc... still could go for a more original and "own" identity.

And last, even if the issue is not solved, I don't think it benefits any of the two parties that there is a rift over it that affects all aspects. Normally the two countries should be #1 financial, cultural (I mean as "Macedonians" they should be friendly inclined to Greek language?) and strategic partners (common Bulgaria and Albania surrounding poles). Instead the two government give stupidity shows over some letters. And as a Greek I'm happy the Greek government has become much more "softer" and has made many steps back on this issue. Can't say same on FYROM though who feeds on the insecurities of its own people and is stuck with a nationalist government.

Our government has become "softer" because they're traitors and they simply don't care about Greece or Greece's history. Angry Thudown

The best example is this f***ing b*tch, Bakogianni, that had agreed to give FYROM the name Macedonia. Angry
Keep in mind that recorded history cannot change overnight just because FYROM claims it to be so. There is archaeological and anthropolical evidence in massive amounts that supports the fact that Macedonia is Greek and has been so for thousands of years. The region of FYROM was given the name 'Macedonia' from the old Yugoslav dictator Tito, in the 1940's for reasons I am not clear about. The only reason there is any dispute of gravity between Greece and FYROM is because America is 'mediating' and promising FYROM to be given lands in the far future. All they have to do throughout the decades is repeat that they (FYROM) are Macedonians, and in the end it will become a commonly accepted 'fact'. If this was just between the two countries Greece would have pressured FYROM to forget the name 'Macedonia' altogether, and via diplomatic and economic routes could have forced Gruevski's government to forget any ridiculous claims to our lands that they've ever had and call themselves Vardarska or Skopjan republic, or something along those lines. It's not by chance that this dispute has been going on for so long now Crazy
(Sep 20, 2011, 6:53 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: because they're traitors and they simply don't care about Greece or Greece's history. Angry Thudown

Good word, this needs to enter the common daily vocabulary in Greece. The reason why all these 'illogical' things happen in our countries isn't because politicians don't care, but they're paid by foreign influences to make decisions that are against the country's better interests! Our politicians and those in associated powers all have their price, some less, some more. Unfortunately in our history, all the brilliant minds and heroes we're had in our many thousands of years of existence, are vastly outnumbered by the traitors and thieves who betrayed the country all in the name of them making money or gaining power which would then directly earn them money.

(Sep 20, 2011, 6:53 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: The best example is this f***ing b*tch, Bakogianni, that had agreed to give FYROM the name Macedonia. Angry

It was actually her father, Mitsotakis who first said to a foreign newspaper that he wouldn't have a problem with the small country of ex-Yugoslavia having the name 'Macedonia' inside, not just Macedonia on its own, but something like Slavomadeconia, Northern Macedonia, etc.

Initially the European Commission had taken a favourable stance on Greece's side to force FYROM to forget any claims whatsoever it had on Greek history and lands, and if they wouldn't do it, they'd be embargoed to hell until they complied. It was our traitor politicians who told them to butt out, and we would fix it ourselves- and now we've seen where that's taken us, into the fine mess we are in today when it could have been solved clean and concisely without any hassle Mellow
(Sep 20, 2011, 8:09 pm)ZEUS Wrote: Good word, this needs to enter the common daily vocabulary in Greece. The reason why all these 'illogical' things happen in our countries isn't because politicians don't care, but they're paid by foreign influences to make decisions that are against the country's better interests! Our politicians and those in associated powers all have their price, some less, some more. Unfortunately in our history, all the brilliant minds and heroes we're had in our many thousands of years of existence, are vastly outnumbered by the traitors and thieves who betrayed the country all in the name of them making money or gaining power which would then directly earn them money.

It was actually her father, Mitsotakis who first said to a foreign newspaper that he wouldn't have a problem with the small country of ex-Yugoslavia having the name 'Macedonia' inside, not just Macedonia on its own, but something like Slavomadeconia, Northern Macedonia, etc.

Initially the European Commission had taken a favourable stance on Greece's side to force FYROM to forget any claims whatsoever it had on Greek history and lands, and if they wouldn't do it, they'd be embargoed to hell until they complied. It was our traitor politicians who told them to butt out, and we would fix it ourselves- and now we've seen where that's taken us, into the fine mess we are in today when it could have been solved clean and concisely without any hassle Mellow

I don't care if they do it for money, they're traitors and that's what history will wright.

F*** them all... Angry Thudown
(Sep 20, 2011, 8:01 pm)ZEUS Wrote: Keep in mind that recorded history cannot change overnight just because FYROM claims it to be so. There is archaeological and anthropolical evidence in massive amounts that supports the fact that Macedonia is Greek and has been so for thousands of years. The region of FYROM was given the name 'Macedonia' from the old Yugoslav dictator Tito, in the 1940's for reasons I am not clear about. The only reason there is any dispute of gravity between Greece and FYROM is because America is 'mediating' and promising FYROM to be given lands in the far future. All they have to do throughout the decades is repeat that they (FYROM) are Macedonians, and in the end it will become a commonly accepted 'fact'. If this was just between the two countries Greece would have pressured FYROM to forget the name 'Macedonia' altogether, and via diplomatic and economic routes could have forced Gruevski's government to forget any ridiculous claims to our lands that they've ever had and call themselves Vardarska or Skopjan republic, or something along those lines. It's not by chance that this dispute has been going on for so long now Crazy

Because of Tito.If you have Yugoslavian passport you can see whole world without visas.Only in Greece you can't travel without visa.Because of name "Macedonia".I understand Greeks for this move. Thup When FYROM get independent,Greece removed visas for Serbia.But we get war and we back at start.And in 2009 we again can travel around Europe with no visa except Great Britain and Ireland Crazy stupid Bag
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
(Sep 20, 2011, 10:39 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: I don't care if they do it for money, they're traitors and that's what history will wright.

F*** them all... Angry Thudown

You know how traitors guilty of high treason get punished right?

You're too young to know, but Romania's dictator Caucescu got punished badly for this from his own people...
(Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 pm)stefans Wrote: When FYROM get independent,Greece removed visas for Serbia.

Well that was perhaps because Serbia recognised FYROM as Macedonia, even when we've had the best of relations between Greece and Serbia, this was a back-stabbing move.
(Sep 20, 2011, 11:43 pm)ZEUS Wrote: You know how traitors guilty of high treason get punished right?

You're too young to know, but Romania's dictator Caucescu got punished badly for this from his own people...

Yeah, but I do know that we live in Greece!!! None guilty will get punished by none... Thudown
(Sep 21, 2011, 10:02 am)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: Yeah, but I do know that we live in Greece!!! None guilty will get punished by none... Thudown

More like steal a whole lot, nothing gets done to you, steal a little and you're in jail for life Crazy
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]