Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-NBA players who diserve to be there!
The player who inspired me to start this threa was Fotsis, so I'll begin with him!!! Cool

Antonis Fotsis would be a great power forward for any team in the NBA! His only drawback is inability to play in low post(on offense).

I think though, that he could stand in any NBA team. The difference is that in some teams, he'll be a reserver.

He had play in the NBA for one season in 2001-2002(10 years ago he made his debut alongside Pau Gasol with the Grizzlies!!!) but he was too young! Sad Baby

By the way, he became the first Greek to play in th NBA!! Thup

Vasilis Spanoulis His style fits with the NBA and he's talented enough to play there.

He tried to play in the NBA but he was unlucky enough to play in a team that the head coach was Jeff Van Gundy. Thudown That's because he don't use to give much time to rookies! Spanoulis couldn't be an exception. Crazy

I had seen some videos on youtube, on Rockets' games and I'd heard the American commentators saying that Spanoulis should stay in the league at least for two more years because he had the potentials to be an all-star!!! Thup

He wasn't very patient though and he left NBA at the end of the season... with PAO's help Baby ... just saying...

By the time Spurs got Spanoulis' rights, Greg Popovich and Tony Parker were asking Vasilis to stay and play with them because he could have a major role. Well, I think that this was his big chance!! Bag Dry He had the opportunity to play in a championship contender team that had a european like style of play with international "culture" on the roster and a coach that loves international players and respect them! Thup

I think he could be a sixth or seventh man on the team and he'd have the opportunity to win an NBA ring! Thup

Unfortynately, he missed a great chance. A chance of a lifetime. Ohmy

Nick Calathes is another player that can have a great career in the NBA because he has both the talent and the game style to make it there!! Thup

I'm sure that in some years he'll make this step!!!

Even though that means he leaves PAO I want him to be the first Greek who makes a great career in the NBA!!! Thup Wink

I will have also the opportunity to make a great Greek duo in NBA 2k!!!!!!!!!!!! Thup Rofl3
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Spanoulis left under his own discretion. He could be in the NBA if he wanted to but he preferred to go back to Greece.

Bo McCalebb should be in the NBA. I think that Siskauskas could have been really good in the NBA but it is too late for him now.

JC Navarro is another guy who left on his own accord. He could definitely still be in the NBA.
Spanoulis was called the human turnover machine... and judging by his stats there, he had no place being there in the first place.

Not that it's a bad thing. personally I find it good.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA's 75 greatest players: Snubs, all-time starting five and more ESPN NBA 0 248 Oct 25, 2021, 5:03 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 260 Oct 21, 2021, 9:32 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 253 Oct 20, 2021, 12:51 pm
  18 ex-NBA players charged in $4M fraud scheme ESPN NBA 0 293 Oct 11, 2021, 12:40 pm
  Sources: Vax rate for NBA players rises to 95% ESPN NBA 0 285 Oct 4, 2021, 11:33 am