Poll: Whats days should EL games take place?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Like CL, Tuesday and Wednesday
12.50%
1 12.50%
Same as now, Wednesday and Thursday
50.00%
4 50.00%
Prime time, Friday night and weekend
25.00%
2 25.00%
Like NBA, game(s) everyday
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radical changes in Euroleague?
Major TV networks are pressing Euroleague to change the days of the games. Currently Euroleague is being played on Wednesday and Thursday.

TV networks and Euroleague itself wants to arrange games at prime time, mainly weekends and sometimes on Friday night.

The changes won't affect the upcoming season.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Bertomeu thinks of changes that may be good for Euroleague basketball!

In the previous days, Bertomeu had meetings with the owners of many teams and he told them: "That's it. We need to change and we will."

Euroleague seems to lose in popularity the last years so, according to the article, decisions have been made and the only thing left is the official announcement of them! Baby

The Euroleague season of 2011-2012 seems to be the last one with this format. The reason? Every single european championship(Greek, Spanish, Italian etc.) goes down in terms of "standards", quality and in general(even ACB, the best league in Europe!) fewer and fewer are those who support the game either from the TV or going to the stadium! Less interest about local championships and also for Euroleague. Huh

So they decided to promote Euroleague don't really caring about national league's destiny. Thudown

Bertomeu had already start thinking of these changes by the time a call was made by a top European channel(like eurosport--I mean that covers many countries) and they told Jordi: "That's was it. Change Euroleague's match days. We want prime time and Friday or Saturday or Sunday! We don't care about national leagues." Mellow Bag

To sum up, starting from the 2012-2013 season, all Euroleague games will be played on weekends and some of them Friday night! Thup or Thudown

It will be an NBA like league(maybe without Final Four) where every team will play against every team and then... PLAYOFFS!!! Thup

The league will probably be composed by less teams but these teams will be the best! Thup

I'm not really sure yet but I think I'll go with it! Is a inovative idea for european basketball that may be proved real good fo the game! Wink Thup

I'm not pretty sure though, that's a big bet for Jordi... Baby
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
I hope those changes will not happen. Domestic leagues are basis for Euroleage, Eurocup and Eurochallenge. Fans will come to Euroleague games even though if they are played on Monday or Friday, so it doesn't make sense to take weekends from domestic leagues.
I don't like the idea. The only thing that I would like to change is draw. I would simplify it by taking only the hats and draw normally so that teams from the same country can play in the same round. That way we would avoid same groups every year...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
That is ok, but that would destroy smaller leagues completely.
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Same as now. Smile
Now is ok.But if they change to weekends than it will be good to increase money from TV rights.Now for clubs if you win you will get for victory only 7.000 euros!!).And if you are become champion than you get only 250k euros.That is too low Ohmy
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
If they should something to change that is to increase clubs from 24 to 30 teams.And to have 5 groups.Also from qualification should be 8 teams that make it to regular season in translation (22 direct + 8 teams from qualification).Of course all clubs must play in 10k arenas.Clubs that don't have at least 40% fans on games of capacity arena should not allowed to play Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:Now is ok.But if they change to weekends than it will be good to increase money from TV rights.Now for clubs if you win you will get for victory only 7.000 euros!!).And if you are become champion than you get only 250k euros.That is too low Ohmy

+1!!! Thup
I merged the two topics.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Euroleague's changes were announced!!!
Time for a change. Friday night is the perfect night to hold EL games. Domestic leagues especially individual clubs should take care of their own affairs, and not be moaning and groaning. I think they should form a permanent 12-16 team EL to combat football, and use domestic leagues as feeders. Baby

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 177 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 373 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am