Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Klay Thompson splashes his way to record third quarter
Quote:Klay Thompson splashes his way to record third quarter

Golden State Warriors and USA international Klay Thompson went off for 52 points in his side’s 126-101 win over the Sacramento Kings, but it was the third quarter that one half of the Splash Brothers will be remembered for.

Thompson hit 37 points in the third quarter, an NBA record as the Kings simply could not contain him.

“They just kept wanting to see the show,” Thompson said. “That’s what they kept telling me.”

The All-Star hopeful made all of his 13 shots, which included a league-record nine from three-point range in a quarter, and Thompson hit both of his free throws during a 12-minute span.

“It was kind of a blur. I wish I could go back and enjoy it some more, but moments like that go by really fast,” Thompson said.

“I was one of the luckiest NBA players ever to play with Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, David Robinson and some of the greatest players ever,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said. “As many spectacular things as Michael did, which he did nightly, I never saw him do that.”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA preseason: The latest injury updates on Klay, Zion and Kawhi ESPN NBA 0 258 Oct 5, 2021, 9:23 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Kerr: Klay 'looked great' at Warriors' first practice ESPN NBA 0 294 Sep 30, 2021, 11:11 pm
  Curry sets NBA record for 3s in a month with 85 ESPN NBA 0 458 Apr 27, 2021, 2:23 am
  Giannis' huge fourth quarter drops Kawhi, PG and Clippers ESPN NBA 0 487 Mar 2, 2021, 1:59 am
  Ben Simmons' fourth-quarter breakout showcases his full potential ESPN NBA 1 711 Jan 24, 2021, 3:31 pm
Last Post: stscotty