Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travelling thread
Whistle 

More pain for your eyes:
Quote:Steve Kerr frustrated with lack of traveling calls: 'I can literally put together a blooper reel'

The day after the Warriors beat the Raptors on Wednesday, Steve Kerr went on KNBR 680 and talked about how he really feels when it comes to traveling calls in the NBA. He let it all out, while also adding his team travels too. He simply wants things to be fair for everyone.

Kerr says:

“Speaking of which, did you enjoy the DeMar DeRozan foray to the rim last night? How is it that everybody on Earth can see these traveling violations except for the three people that we pay to do the job? I don’t get it. It’s bizarre … But I can literally put together a blooper reel of plays that are embarrassing travels that are just not called.

“I believe it’s a case of [the officials] have so many things to look at. They are looking at defensive three seconds, the contact in the lane when people are cutting through the lane, they’re looking at the charge and block circle. They’re looking at everything except what they should be looking at, which is the basic rule of the game, which is traveling.”

Kerr asks how the referees can’t see the travels when the fans obviously notice it:

“And it’s a shame because guys are getting away with murder out there and the fans see it. My favorite is when you see the visiting team travel and you see like a 1,000 fans in the background all doing the traveling signal with their hands. If those people saw it, how come the refs didn’t?”

He then talks about why he believes the NBA should get rid of the defensive three-second rule, saying that perhaps if there were less things for the refs to look for, they’d be able to focus more on traveling.

“I want to make it clear — our guys travel all the time, too. So this is not me saying, ‘Hey, we’re getting a raw deal.’ But to me, it’s such an important rule. It’s the foundation of the game, and when it’s violated, it just feels like we’re not actually playing the game. We’re playing some other form of the game that is unfair. It’s the same thing with the carrying violations where guys will stop their dribble and then just start dribbling again. It just bothers me.

“The rules are already sort of geared towards the offense — you can’t hand check, you can’t put a hand on a guy or it’s a foul. We give so many advantages to the offense, to let them travel and to let them carry the ball, is kind of ridiculous to me.”

As Kerr said on the radio show, he has talked about this before. For instance, after the Warriors lost to the Spurs last March, he told a reporter, with a smile:

“I need to write down that traveling is now allowed in the NBA. Silly me, I forgot that they got rid of that rule, so we’ll have to adjust.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/steve-ke...s-comments

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inside the 2008 Celtics' group-text thread that is still active today ESPN NBA 0 783 Apr 27, 2020, 5:11 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Official injury report thread Straight Faced 16 11,822 Oct 24, 2016, 11:15 pm
Last Post: Dr. Martian
  Michael Jordan thread Black Urum 6 8,370 Jun 23, 2016, 2:30 am
Last Post: Liane Stembridge
  The Cleveland Cavaliers thread TalkBasket 2 3,417 Jan 1, 2015, 1:19 am
Last Post: Ramo
  2013 Playoffs First Round -New York Knicks (2) vs (7) Boston Celtics Series Thread bscZoran 1 2,820 Apr 17, 2013, 6:49 am
Last Post: TeoTheGreek13