Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South American Championship
The South American Championship started yesterday in Caracas.

These are the groups

GROUP A

Venezuela

Brazil

Chile

GROUP B

Argentina

Colombia

Uruguay

Yesterday's results

Group B: Argentina 103-69 Colombia

Group A: Venezuela 87-46 Chile

Standings

[Image: dibujo9gb.jpg]

Today's matches

Group B: Colombia - Uruguay

Group A: Chile - Brazil
Thanks for posting this. It will interesting to see how WC participants do in this compeition. Also if you don't mind posting scoring leaders would be good <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->
Yesterday's Results

Group B: Colombia 64-73 Uruguay

Group A: Chile 57-85 Brazil

Standings

[Image: dibujo3yu.jpg]

Today's Matches

Group B: Argentina - Uruguay

Group A: Venezuela - Brazil
Leaders

[Image: points7ni.jpg]

[Image: rebounds5qe.jpg]

[Image: assists5nh.jpg]

[Image: steals6tr.jpg]
Stalin Ortiz <- who could give him a name "Stalin"? <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile --> I see that Argentina is not playing with their best squad. Is Sebastian Ginobili a relative of Manu Ginobili?
Yes Sebastian is his brother, i was watching Argentina's game for a while before going to class and he seems good

You would be surprised the kind of names around here, in Venezuela we have two people whose name is Superman, we have Jeffersons, Kennedys Nixons.
I wonder if he will be as good as Manu.

Really weird names <!-- sBiggrin -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]<!-- sBiggrin --> is there any reason why they are given?
Just because with the oil boom people just want an american cool name for their children while they sound horrible. Before that they were a lot of greek names like Achilles and that kind of stuff
Yesterday's Results

Group B: Argentina 89-79 Uruguay

Group A: Venezuela 83-82 Brazil <!-- sBiggrin -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]<!-- sBiggrin -->

Final Group Standings

[Image: dibujoxg9.jpg]

Today's Matches

5th Place: Colombia - Chile

Semifinal: Argentina - Brazil

Semifinal: Venezuela - Uruguay
Leaders

[Image: pointsvk8.jpg]

[Image: reboundsqs7.jpg]

[Image: assistsqh5.jpg]

[Image: stealsov0.jpg]

[Image: blocksmw5.jpg]
Yesterday's Results

5th Place: Colombia 87-83 Chile

Semifinal: Argentina 72-74 Brazil

Semifinal: Venezuela 79-85 Uruguay <!-- sSad -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif[/img]<!-- sSad -->

**Little Rant here**

How the hell you win Brazil and then lose to BLOODY URUGUAY!!!! <!-- sAngry -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif[/img]<!-- sAngry --> <!-- sAngry -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif[/img]<!-- sAngry --> , the defense sucked tbh specially in the perimeter

Today's Matches

3rd Place: Venezuela - Argentina

Final: Brazil - Uruguay

BTW All four semifinalists qualify to the 'Torneo de las Americas'
I am sorry for Venezuela Manuel. Looking at the final result looks like it was a close game. Good luck with Argentina then <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->
ooooh Unlucky Venezuala Manuel. Semi final is still good I guess.

And I saw that Brazil won it but it wasnt broadcasted in Europe I dont think. Did anyone watch the match?
I also didn't see the match but I know that Machado who will play for Zalgiris next season was top scorer. And again Venezuela unlucky to lose against Argentina in 3rd place game.
The tournament ended yesterday

3rd Place: Venezuela 78-95 Argentina

Final: Brazil 92-61

Like i said before the four semifinalists will go to the America Tournament that would be to qualify to the Olympics. Also the top three (Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay) will go the Pan-American Games. Venezuela may enter the Pan-American games taking the Brazilian spot since they already are the hosts since they are in Rio.

Which Machado Vilius??
[quote name='"manuel23_ve":40db0']Which Machado Vilius??[/quote]

Marcelinho Machado. Check Žalgiris thread in Lithuanian forum.
Manuel, bad luck... You'd expect that after beating Brazil Venezuela would get a silver, losing to Argentina... It went all the other way round

Don't Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru take part?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USA U16 National Team Wins 2009 FIBA Americas Championship Black Urum 0 5,003 Jul 2, 2009, 10:34 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  FIBA Americas Championship 2007 TalkBasket 1 4,257 Aug 25, 2007, 9:13 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  FIBA U-19 World Championship TalkBasket 5 7,873 Jul 16, 2007, 3:50 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2006 FIBA World Championship for Women Andrius 2 5,342 Sep 23, 2006, 9:08 am
Last Post: Andrius
  U20 European Championship Men TalkBasket 4 6,563 Aug 2, 2006, 12:34 pm
Last Post: diego.es