Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006/07 Transfers
So last season was disappointing for the 3 big names: TAU again runner up, Real Madrid didn't reach the semifinals and Barcelona didn't get to the final. Only happy sides are the two in green, Unicaja M?laga with their win, anf Joventut with their 4th spot that puts them in the Euroleague

So waht?s being going on...

Carlos Jim?nez, Estudiantes player and captain of Spain, has been a target of Real Madrid for the last season. Estudiantes wouldn't sell him to the old city rivals so he stayed with "The Scholars". Come the season end, Real Madrid appointed a new chairman after the club elections. The two clubs agreed a fee, finally, around ?2m. Unicaja also agreed the fee. You'd think Jim?bnez then would jnoin Real Madrid, but no: he went to M?laga

Unicaja had lost Garbajosa. The Madrid born player was key in the success of the team and had offers of all the big Spanish clubs. But the Spanish international has chosen Toronto for the next season, where he wll play with another Spanish international, Calder?n

Akasvayu Girona have been the odd club. The sponsor, Akasvayu, is a real estate developer of the Ctalunya region. They invested heavily in the club to gain sme repuation. They bought Ra?l L?pez from Utah Jazz and Fran V?zquez from Unicaja, who refused a NBA call after he was drafted 11. With them two and some other important acquisitions., they seemed ready to challenge the big names. But no. 7th. Time to dismantle the team

Thus, V?zquez has signed from Barcelona and Ra?l L?pez for Real Madrid. The "Merengues" are also about to sign Alex Mumbr?, a player that, as L?pez, had been at Real Madrid previously after being formed at Joventut. Mumbr? returned to "La Penya" (The gang or the crowd, you could call them) after a year, but now he seems to again go to Madrid

Some players have left to the NBA. Hermann will play at Bobcats and Frenchman Gelleballe seems to be the 4th Real Madrid player to go to Portland, after Fernando Mart?n, Petrovic and Sabonis. Surprising how we seem to feed them

There has been plenty of other transfers. Rakocevic left Madrid to join TAU after a poor season, and Malkjovic has been thanked and dismissed by Real Madrid, being replaced by his assistant, Joan Plaza

That's about it in this update - I'll copme back with more later on
I can also add that Caja San Fernando Lithuanian defender left the club to join Polish champions Prokom Trefl for the opportunity to play in Euroleague.

I remember when I first heard of Akasvayu. That was when former Zalgiris player Dainius Salenga signed for them before Eurobasket 2005. I thought what the hell is that club <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile --> But when I saw them signing some good player I realised that they are serious.

Jiri Welsch left Milwaukee Bucks to join Unicaja. I think he should boost the team.
MMT Estudiantes announced that Goran Nikolic (205-C-76, agency: Beo Basket), William McDonald (207-C-79, college: S.Florida) and Marlon Garnett (188-G-75, college: Santa Clara) won't continue next season in Madrid team. Club thanked players for its services and whished them good luck. Manuel de Pablos is working in the 2007/08 Estudiantes roster that will see several changes.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Brian Boddicker (204-F-81, agency: EM-PA, college: Texas) has according the terms of a contract for the next season with Grupo Capito Valladolid. He will play with Bud Eley that recently extended for one more year his contract with the Valladolid Team's.

This season Brian Boddicker has played with Selcuk Universitesi Konya in the Turkish League when he was the top 2 scorer with 19.1 points per game.

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

With a post in his own web page (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sergioscariolo.com">[url="http://www.sergioscariolo.com"]http://www.sergioscariolo.com[/url]</a><!-- w -->), the Unicaja's coach, Sergio Scariolo , announces he stays in Malaga three years. He extends his contract two more years, and then close the exit door to another big teams in european basketball

MURCIA (ACCool - Spanish center Juan Jose Triguero will play in the NBA Summer League for the second year in succession.

The 22-year-old has accepted an invitation from the Cleveland Cavaliers to play in next month's tournament that will be held in Las Vegas.

Triguero played in last year's event for the Orlando Magic and cannot wait to repeat the experience.

"I am delighted," said Triguero.

"If last time I went to Orlando with a lot of enthusiasm, now I am going to Las Vegas charged up to prove myself and play more.

"I have a lot of ambition."

The Polaris World Murcia center has reason to be optimistic after completing a solid first season in the ACB.

Triguero has averaged 6.7 points per game and 5.7 rebounds in 34 league games with Murcia.

"I am really happy with my debut season in the ACB," he admitted.

Triguero made a name for himself after helping Murcia gain promotion to the Spanish top flight in the 2005-06 campaign, where he was named MVP of the LEB Finals.

His summer schedule will likely see Triguero line up against compatriot Sergio Rodriguez, who will contest the summer league with the Portland Trail Blazers.

Valencia is very close to sign Zeljko Rebraca!

They have also agreed terms with Samod Williams!

Unicaja Malaga released Pepe Sanchez, Marcus Faison and Floran Pietrus.

Mario Tusek is also expected to leave while Marcus Brown has been offered a new 1 year contract extention with lower wages.

Pamesa Valencia signed Rebrača for one season.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
ESP - Martinez in at Girona

From <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fiba.com">[url="http://www.fiba.com"]http://www.fiba.com[/url]</a><!-- w -->

GIRONA (ACCool - Pedro Martinez has been named the new coach of EuroCup champions Akasvayu Girona.

The Barcelona-born 45-year-old has signed an initial one-year deal, with the option of a second season, and replaces Serbian Svetislav Pesic.

Pesic left at the end of Akasvayu's recently-completed ACB season, where the Catalan club were knocked out at the play-off quarter-final stage by local rivals

Winterthur FC Barcelona, and he will coach at Dynamo Moscow next season.

The vastly-experienced Martinez, who counts TDK Manresa, Salamanca, Gran Canaria and Tau Ceramica among his former clubs, was most recently in charge of Estudiantes where he was dismissed in February following a run of 10 league defeats in 11 games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2006/07 Season diego.es 8 6,727 Jun 20, 2007, 8:28 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  ACB 2006-2007 TalkBasket 10 8,159 Mar 20, 2007, 4:45 pm
Last Post: coach_ferrandiz