Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Europe Live
Euroleague and NBA are becoming closer and closer. Both leagues arranged a tour of pre-season games between European and NBA clubs. Here are some results:

Maccabi 84-97 San Antonio
CSKA 94-75 Clippers
Roma 93-100 Suns
Asvel 90-115 Spurs
Barcelona 104-99 76ers
I enjoy watching euroleague more than NBA, more passion but unfortuately theres not a lot of either in England.
The NBA isn't anymore what it was... Back in 1992, the USA side, the so called Dream Team, was inaccesible to any other side. They'd win every game by +35 or so. But in recent years the USA haven?t got a gold. In the last World Champs they were bronze, and in their very own at home in Indianapolis they were 6th. They lost to Serbia, Argentina and Spain... on home groud! With this, European sides formed by the European elite plus a couple of good Americans that fancy showing the NBA what they are missing, fancy having a go against any NBA side. CSKA beating Clippers by 20 points mean that the best European sides would get into the playoffs if they played the NBA...

...we may find out about this, as the NBA are said to invite 5 European sides to join in the near future. Real Madrid seems to be one of them, then I'd guess Macabbi and a Russian side. City interest would point to Paris or London, but basketball-wise it'd be more deserved in Greece, Italy or Lithuania. This will take a good couple of years, so let's wait
I've read that David Stern is sceptical about European clubs joining NBA. A few years ago he said that at this time there will be some European clubs playing in NBA but it didn't happen and his opinion seems to be changed. And what annoys me most is that it's all about money. Paris and London are among the cities which should have teams in NBA. That's ridiculous. They don't about traditions and quality of the game the only question 'where would we earn more?' Thudown
Sadly, money is what everyone sees, not skill, entertainment or the public, but "how can we make more money?". Unfair, but true.
yeah it is very true, the reason countries with less basketball prowes will get chances in the NBA is because they'll make rich people, richer. Other clubs and countries won't so they won't get a clearly deserved chance.

It's a shame.
Let's keep some hope.

Let's think London would have a NBA side. The London Beefeaters, those huys with the red uniforms. What's on British people interest? First football, then lower leagues football, then it's rugby union (the one played everywhere) and cricket, there's also snooker, and tennis or golf. There's also rugby league, of course formula 1 and all motor racing. Basketball? Not really... So no body would watch the Beefeaters, especially if they don't win. So no wins, no tickets sold, no press attention, no business...

Paris would make more sense, France have a decent side and Limoges were European champions. Basketball also falls down the rankings in interest, behind football, rugby, formula 1...

Italy should have a team ahead of them. Virtus Bolonia have won a ton of European Cups; just not as many as Real Madrid. So that's two sides. Politically and traditionally, Israel and Russia will have a side. Maccabi and CSKA are very good sides and would deserve their gap.

And the 5th? Greece most likely. Why not Zalgiris? Well, economy is one, although Lithuania is going up. Also two teams from the Soviet Union may seem too much.

It's just pure guess... Only Real Madrid has been mentioned with name and surnames but there is a condition we may never fulfill: NBA say the uropean sides must have an owner, and Real Madrid doesn't belong to anybody. Supporters that are members of the club (by paying a quote per year) vote a president.
So 76ERS beat CSKA .

What can I say as long as i don't like it the NBA is still batter game than the one played in europ.

CSKA is not that strong. Maccabi is much weaker.
There will be NBA Europe LIVE next season, but only between NBA clubs in Western Europe capitals such as Paris and London (I think...)

The games between Euroleague and NBA clubs will be abolished and some games between non-Euroleague European teams and NBA teams will be again on the calendar from 2009/10 season.

Are NBA teams chickening out or is it just me? Rolleyes
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Are NBA teams chickening out or is it just me? Rolleyes

What else if not that. They can go and hide if they want. I am not bothered too much about that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why this should be an NBA season for the ages, and you can live it through fantasy ESPN NBA 0 975 Sep 28, 2018, 2:58 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Why this should be an NBA season for the ages and you can live it through fantasy ESPN NBA 0 944 Sep 19, 2018, 7:29 pm
  Why this should be an NBA season for the ages and you can live it through fantasy ESPN NBA 0 944 Sep 19, 2018, 5:39 am
  NBA in Europe Black Urum 5 4,383 Sep 23, 2011, 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fivepack
  Players who where stars in Europe and now are playing in the NBA Kenneth23 39 21,834 Apr 27, 2011, 6:09 pm
Last Post: Raze Lupin