Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players you'd like to see in your team
I'd like to see in Panathinaikos:

Nikos Zisis:

He would fit perfectly in Panathinaikos style of play, he is Greek, and he would offer tremendous help to Diamantidis who struggles almost all alone in PG.

Antonis Fotsis:

He is a great SF+PF combo, with a long shot, in the paint game, grabs rebounds, won a Euoleague with Pana before, he is Greek.

Milan Gurovic:

He might be crazy but he is world class if you ask me, he scores from everywhere, he grabs rebounds, he is passionate, he is Serb so he knows all basics, just check out his stats this season, amazing player really.

Travis Hansen:

I'm crazy about this short blond yank, he totally destroyed Pana last season Angry but he is a great player, he got excellent 3point shot, something Panathinaikos lacks in this season and cold blood.

Vassilis Spanoulis:

He is a versatile player, a great combo guard who can help in PG, where Diamantidis needs a lot of help, he is Greek, he's got one of the best drives i've seen from a European player, great cross dribble, he was Pana's top scorer last season, he's got NBA experience now and he is Greek.

Nicola Vujcic:

What can you say about this Croat, he does everything so perfectly.

So what about you guys?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I'will speak about my team ARIS and I'll try to be as realistic as possible.First of all,I believe that ARIS has a great team,by now he is more worked on defence by Mazzon but you will see next year we will be very improved on offence too,if we keep our players as we have many tallented offensive players like Scales,Massey,Iliadis,Castle,Wilkinson.So,praying that we will keep all the key players for next year,I would like to see these signings:

1)A strong and heavy center to make a super duo with Massey,you will see Massey much more productive with a strong center along with him.I d'like a player to fight in the paint and collect rebounds but also score.Mamadu N'Diaye is one of my favorite players,a true center.Some other players that I like are Ruben Boumje Boumje,Brandon Hunter.This scenario of course only in case Jeremaia will become European.

2)But the biggest problem of ARIS is the lack of a true PG who can run the team and make plays,and especially pick n' roll.I believe there is a lack of quality true PG's in the european market,so we can't hope for a super star(all of them are signed by top teams) only a true PG with the ability to run offensive plays,but also a good defender,because Mazzon will never have as a starter a weak defensively player.I can't think of names right now,Mous Sonko would be good for us,although I have no idea about his current condition.

3)A good european or greek small forward.Serapinas is a big dissapointment so far and he should be replaced.I d'really like to see Nikolai Padius back in black and yellow suit,I love this player!Some other players that I'd like alternatively is Milan Gurovic and the greeks Michalis Pelekanos and Christos Tapoutos.

Generally I believe that with some wise decision Aris would be much more competitive in Euroleague next year.Beware!
I forgot to mention about the PG's the name of Yohan Sangare.I have watched him a couple of times and I was really impressed,he is very athletic and can run a team,the only unsure is his ability to play in control basketball.But he is surely one of my favorite players and since no big club is heard to be connected with him,I believe it would be a "colpo grosso" if Aris signs him!

Also if Aris decides to sign a European center,my favorite defensive true center is "the turkish Mutombo" Fatih Solak,to me a very underated player that can play in any big club any time!
I am a maccabi fans sso I would like to see 3 names in my team for next years :

1) roberts Javtokas - will be a good complement for the non aggresive Nikola Vujcic.

2)some day he will have to retire so I would like a good replacment for Derrick Sharp, It think thta Hapole Jerusalem guard Dror Hagag will be excelent solution (but it was allwyas hard to convince Hapoel playres to join Maccabi and now it's even harder)

3)Don't ask me why but I would like Basile for a retierment contract in maccbi. again: don't ask me why (I simply don't have the answer)
Robertas Javtokas? Please, take him, please!

Dror Hagag? Did he play for AEK 1 or 2 seasons ago?

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:Robertas Javtokas? Please, take him, please!

Dror Hagag? Did he play for AEK 1 or 2 seasons ago?

will u give us Javtokas free of charge?? Smile

and yes you are right 2 years ago Hagag did played for AEK.
Panathinaikos will even pay if someone takes Javtokas away... for ever!

I do not understand how PAO could do that to such a plyer. it's a shame for the club, the plaer and for the league (other teams couls use him batter than the banch at athens).

it's a pitty that PAO act like that.
Act like what? A player actually needs some skills to play basketball and Javtokas doesn't have them.

Quote:Also if Aris decides to sign a European center,my favorite defensive true center is "the turkish Mutombo" Fatih Solak,to me a very underated player that can play in any big club any time!

Fatih Solak? oh no, i really dont think so. yes, a defensive wall with over 2.10 heigth but thats all. sometimes he even can't make simple lay ups. unless u prepare an empty space between him and the basket , he will have difficulty for finishing always. i dont wanna mention about shooting abilty because there is not. he really bad offensively. if your need is a tree in front of the basket, good choice.
Marko Milic from Olimpija impressed me this season. I remember him from previous seasons too. In my opinion he could be a good choice for Žalgiris because Jank?nas and Jurek are both slow while Milic can pentrate, he's quick and often dunks. Anybody knows what is his wage at Olimpija?
Quote:I am a maccabi fans sso I would like to see 3 names in my team for next years :

1) roberts Javtokas - will be a good complement for the non aggresive Nikola Vujcic.

2)some day he will have to retire so I would like a good replacment for Derrick Sharp, It think thta Hapole Jerusalem guard Dror Hagag will be excelent solution (but it was allwyas hard to convince Hapoel playres to join Maccabi and now it's even harder)

3)Don't ask me why but I would like Basile for a retierment contract in maccbi. again: don't ask me why (I simply don't have the answer)

Maccabi did a great job by signing Alex Garcia. what A nice player. Smile
With rumours floating around that Milan Gurovic will leave Prokom Trefl I thought he could be a great signing for Lietuvos Rytas. I doubt they could afford his contract but they have Serbian coach who could possibly help him fit in. Also rumours suggest that Batista could go to Prokom. That might make the transfer cheaper. Moreover, Matthew Nielsen is out for 4-6 weeks and they need PF-SF.
Quote:With rumours floating around that Milan Gurovic will leave Prokom Trefl I thought he could be a great signing for Lietuvos Rytas. I doubt they could afford his contract but they have Serbian coach who could possibly help him fit in. Also rumours suggest that Batista could go to Prokom. That might make the transfer cheaper. Moreover, Matthew Nielsen is out for 4-6 weeks and they need PF-SF.

Isn't he famous for his hard character?
T.Hansen, Marko Tomas and Quinton Hosley would be great for Fener...
Next season in L.Rytas i would like to see:

Donatas Zavackas
Mindaugas Katelynas
Antanas Kavaliauskas
Rolandas Alijevas

It would be great having them instead of some foreign players.
Zavackas has certainly improved value and he should attract the interest of the bigger clubs. He would be much more useful for Rytas than Anisimovas.

It'd be nice to have Alijevas playing in Lithuania for sure. He needs experience of playing at a high level and that would help him to progress as a player.
Quote:I'd like to see in Panathinaikos:
Nikos Zisis:
Antonis Fotsis:
Milan Gurovic:
Travis Hansen:
Vassilis Spanoulis:
Nicola Vujcic

I posted this list a year ago. Panathinaikos already signed one (Spanoulis) of these players Thup and is willing to make an offer of around 1.5-1.7M Euros per year for another (Fotsis) Thup

Some updates on the list now, I have changed my mind on Gurovic (He is still crazy) and Vujcic (His physical endurance has significantly dropped) but I would still want any of Zisis or Hansen. I would also like to see Pekovic and Smodis in PAO. Dreams...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best paid players in Europe TalkBasket 1 4,362 Oct 2, 2023, 7:52 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Team effort started, James finished the job for Monaco EuroLeague News 0 404 Nov 4, 2021, 8:55 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague signings: Perimeter players EuroLeague News 0 316 Sep 25, 2021, 10:18 am
  Maccabi, last team on Tuesday Media Day EuroLeague News 0 309 Sep 17, 2021, 1:43 pm
  Eight players shot 50-40-90 in 2020-21 EuroLeague News 0 341 Jun 21, 2021, 9:55 am