Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best team in the world?
(Jun 5, 2008, 7:45 pm)Vilius Wrote: The rules are different not just between NBA and Euroleague. The whole world plays according FIBA rules (International Basketball Federation, same as FIFA in football). While NBA altered the rules many times making them more and more different. They can do that because they are not a member of FIBA unlike every other competition in the world. Can you imagine different football rules in different countries? Same here.

As for some examples, they play 4 quarters each 12 minutes instead of 10 minutes. Three point line is further. There is a zone near the basket where it is totally impossible to get an offensive foul. The defense is different because zone defense is banned(no it's not. some teams play it a lot). There many other things like short timeouts etc. etc. They did that to make the game as offensive as possible because they want many dunks and many people wathcing who don't care about basketball. It's all about money and this product is being well sold.

P.S. You can use EL as an abbreviation for Euroleague Wink It is commonly used.

Corrected.
THE SUNS are the best and i believe that the NBA teams would beat any euro team or any team in the world no offense to anyone out there but the states have too much talent
(Jul 3, 2008, 3:52 am)37squad Wrote: THE SUNS are the best and i believe that the NBA teams would beat any euro team or any team in the world no offense to anyone out there but the states have too much talent

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see that you are already posting actively. Hopefully you will continue doing that Thup

But NBA teams have lost a number of times to European teams and they were playing to NBA rules not FIBA rules. It's a long discussion. NBA teams have some advantages so do European teams.
(Jul 3, 2008, 3:52 am)37squad Wrote: THE SUNS are the best and i believe that the NBA teams would beat any euro team or any team in the world no offense to anyone out there but the states have too much talent

Before you say that, say for example, the suns played in the olympics for a year.

A few of their key players on the team would be gone, because their European.

The spurs may be a great NBA team, but in international play they wouldn't be much at all, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginnobli, and others, wouldn't be there.
there is a lot of talented in the nba tim and tony are just a few big name stars they are not the best and there is talent in the euro league but in my opinion i think we have more talent and we would still beat them and in the olympics they play by their rules and its hard to adjust to that but like vilus said it is a long discussion both sides have their advantages me and my roommate which was from the islands use to argue about this all the time
is that the nba have to many egos thats out for fame and fortune not he love of the game thats part of why we have been losing in the olympics but im not saying that the international teams aren't good
Can you please organize your thoughts? Maybe a period here and there.
this isn't high school if i wanted to put periods i would have did so but i don't feel like it i'm not writing an essay for you to grade ok miss are you gonna give me an F for not inserting periods this is a forum do you not understand that this isn't class
(Jul 10, 2008, 4:28 am)37squad Wrote: this isn't high school if i wanted to put periods i would have did so but i don't feel like it i'm not writing an essay for you to grade ok miss are you gonna give me an F for not inserting periods this is a forum do you not understand that this isn't class

First of all calm down. Nobody was attacking you. Although this argument is pretty ridicilous but do you think that you have to write correctly only in school? People use periods not because they like them or not but because it's easier to understand what the person is trying to say. If you mix ten sentences without any periods it could be nonsence. And it's not hard to press one button once the sentence is finished, is it.

Let's forget it and get back on topic.
Vilius pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Anyways.

I'm just going to estimate that about 2/5 of the NBA is foreign players.

And the Celtics are the only team without a single forum player. Although they won the championship, that's a different point.
There are a lot of foreign players in the league, but there is so few that make it big or that is considered real superstars in the NBA. The Nba is changing and more and more foreign players are coming into the league. I predict that it will like 50/50 american and foreign players in the nba unless stern develops that european league like he is trying to do. Do you like my periods homie, but its all in fun didn't take offense to what you said straight face.
You just said, "there are lots of foreign players in the NBA, but so few."

How can there be a lot but a few?
a few that are considered superstars
Nowitzki
Nash
Duncan
Gasol
Parker
Ginnobli
Yao
Barbosa
Deng
Mutombo

Need I go on?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New: basketball team will be managed online by fans realitysport 2 3,276 Mar 22, 2013, 5:18 pm
Last Post: CoachSteve
  "Who Else Wants To Become The QUICKEST Player On Their Team?" ky2330 0 2,201 May 29, 2012, 7:11 am
Last Post: ky2330
  The best on your team hjalte 1 2,600 Feb 17, 2012, 3:44 pm
Last Post: cl00rm
  Who's The Best NBA Defensive Team During the Past 25 Years? Kil 0 2,012 Nov 29, 2011, 8:34 pm
Last Post: Kil
  Who is the best current player in the world right now? Raze Lupin 6 4,333 Dec 30, 2010, 2:01 pm
Last Post: Al Bundy