Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurobasket 2013 - Discussion
[Image: eness.jpg]
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
This Lithuania vs Montenegro game has been excellent if you're a neutral fan. It's been back-and-forth all game and at the end of the third quarter Lithuania leads by four points.
And Lithuania pulls it off in Overtime. Ksistof Lavrinovic was an absolute beast today.
If Latvia loses in the first game against FYROM the Lithuania vs Bosnia becomes very interesting.

Bosnia must win to advance but if they beat Lithuania then Lithuania starts off the next round with two losses and no wins. It's effectively a must win game for both teams.

If Latvia wins then its an irrelevant game for Lithuania.
We lose to finland at the half man... that's really frustrating. It's also frustrating to not be able to play some fucking defense. This team I'm looking at is far from a Eurobasket favorite. I hope they set the record straight in the 2nd half and in the 2nd round. They better do.
We're a joke of a team. Plain and simple.
Letonia kick-out FYROM and Montenegro.So Serbia play friendly game against Montenegro,but we still need to revenge against them for last year. Agree

Finland is surprise,it will be interesting in next round Wink
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
(Sep 9, 2013, 1:19 pm)skangles Wrote: If Latvia loses in the first game against FYROM the Lithuania vs Bosnia becomes very interesting.

Bosnia must win to advance but if they beat Lithuania then Lithuania starts off the next round with two losses and no wins. It's effectively a must win game for both teams.

If Latvia wins then its an irrelevant game for Lithuania.

I totally forgot the scenario whereby if Latvia won and Bosnia won, Lithuania could go home. Oops. Major blunder on my part. Turns out the magic number for Bosnia to knock Lithuania out was 10 points and they were up by 14 with 4 minutes to go. Teletovic played absolutely out of his mind. He picked up his fourth foul with 9 minutes to go and Lithuania barely attacked him. I would have gone after him every play until he got nailed with his fifth foul. That was poor coaching by Kazlauskas.

This Lithuania team is really weak. They just pass the ball around the perimeter but they have nobody that can consistently make the 3 so teams just jam the paint and make them play away from the basket. They are also terrible at shooting Free Throws. I just hope that Lithuania will be good enough to land one of the Top 6 spots so that they can try again next summer.
Huge surprises in the first round of Group play:

Positive - Finland & Latvia
Negative - Turkey & Russia

FYROM was a bit of a disappointment only winning one game (even if that was over Serbia) but they way overachieved in 2011 so it's fitting that they've fallen back to around what we should expect out of them. Basically, they're a team that you absolutely cannot overlook but they probably won't make another big run on their own.
Yesterday I was really mad (still), so I got a chance today to look at the odds for Greece... we're fucked. And we caused this so we get what we deserve. See, under specific circumstances, even in we lose one of our three games we get eliminated. And that sucks when Spain is in your damn group. And then we have the hosts plus the traditionally dangerous Croatia.

I hope they show a bit of pride and don't play like a bunch of D-Leaguers. Playing the first game with Spain can be the best thing that could happen to us know... or the worse. We can bounce back against them (they better have that motivation at least against the champs) and boost our confidence, or we can get smacked and boost our confidence to the other way.
Never understood whats with Greece. Everytime is the same. Once the EB starts they loose all the magic they had...

Serbia in a very good position to go to that top 6!

P.S. skangles tnx for the info on those Baltics!
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
What a mess Kazlauskas did with this Lithuanian roster. It was seen already in preparation, but there still was a hope he's not showing everything. This team is playing even worse than they did with Kemzura last two years. The rotation is choatic just like ex coach's, combination reminds Butautas' famous schemes in 2009, youngsters are silenced and lastly this team is not allowed to run. Kazlauskas fuc.. completely and I didn't see that coming. Horrible. No matter how Lithuania will play in the future, it's save to say that so far Kazlauskas was killing this team. I'm starting to think Lithuania simply doesn't have good coaches. Maybe Kurtinaitis?

However, very entertaining and intersting Eurobasket so far!
(Sep 10, 2013, 1:21 pm)straight forward Wrote: What a mess Kazlauskas did with this Lithuanian roster. It was seen already in preparation, but there still was a hope he's not showing everything. This team is playing even worse than they did with Kemzura last two years. The rotation is choatic just like ex coach's, combination reminds Butautas' famous schemes in 2009, youngsters are silenced and lastly this team is not allowed to run. Kazlauskas fuc.. completely and I didn't see that coming. Horrible. No matter how Lithuania will play in the future, it's save to say that so far Kazlauskas was killing this team. I'm starting to think Lithuania simply doesn't have good coaches. Maybe Kurtinaitis?

Hey guys. My favorite forum (interbasket.net) has been hacked multiple times, unfortunately, so I'll be hanging out here for a while.

Lithuania needs to execute the plays that it know best, in my opinion, like the screen and roll. At this point, Kazlauskas shouldn't be experimenting - he should be working with whatever works best. I saw how the Lithuanian post players just stood there, or tried to set a pick down low in the second half versus Bosnia, and nothing came of it. If we are truly playing through bigs, then we need them to set the pick up top and then roll to the basket. Kalnietis uses those picks quite effectively by driving to the basket and drawing fouls/scoring/passing it to the big man. That's better than Kalnietis trying to pass the ball into the post and it gets stolen by the opponent.

Our team really needs to step it up if we want to think about the quarterfinal. I don't know if we will win against France, but if we play smart, we should be able to grab the wins from Ukraine and Belgium.

P.S. straight forward, is that you from interbasket? I'm macleopard13 Smile.
(Sep 10, 2013, 2:16 am)skangles Wrote: Huge surprises in the first round of Group play:

Positive - Finland & Latvia
Negative - Turkey & Russia

FYROM was a bit of a disappointment only winning one game (even if that was over Serbia) but they way overachieved in 2011 so it's fitting that they've fallen back to around what we should expect out of them. Basically, they're a team that you absolutely cannot overlook but they probably won't make another big run on their own.

In that game they get anything they want.So on the other games they was bad. Agree
Damn... Ukraine was kicking ass in the first round and they got demolished by Latvia, 85-51.

Blink
WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

[Image: Cjmsl.gif]
(Sep 11, 2013, 3:42 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: Damn... Ukraine was kicking ass in the first round and they got demolished by Latvia, 85-51.

Blink

What to say? Except that group where is Serbia,Lithuania,Letonia...was very hard Agree
(Sep 12, 2013, 6:40 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

WE BEAT SPAIN!!!

[Image: Cjmsl.gif]

Congrats! Biggrin You show them your full strength.Michael Bramos awesome defender Wink

Your chance for QF are even closer now Cool
We don't forget how the refs in the semis of Hellas vs. Spain (2007 Eurobasket) absolutely served the game to them on a platter, even when we were clearly outplaying and outhustling them and they by no way deserved to be in the final Rolleyes

The Spaniards have this air of superiority about themselves which takes away from the impressive credibility as basketball athletes. That can't be said about them all of course. As much as Fernandez is a little b*tch like Navarro, Marc Gasol has incredible ethos just like his brother. Marc has also worked radically hard to become one of the best centers in the world.

About tonight's match, the usual suspects played impressively, but I was glad to see Kavadas struggling against Gasol, getting such valuable experience so that the may progress in the years to come Smile
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
(Sep 10, 2013, 1:21 pm)straight forward Wrote: What a mess Kazlauskas did with this Lithuanian roster. It was seen already in preparation, but there still was a hope he's not showing everything. This team is playing even worse than they did with Kemzura last two years. The rotation is choatic just like ex coach's, combination reminds Butautas' famous schemes in 2009, youngsters are silenced and lastly this team is not allowed to run. Kazlauskas fuc.. completely and I didn't see that coming. Horrible. No matter how Lithuania will play in the future, it's save to say that so far Kazlauskas was killing this team. I'm starting to think Lithuania simply doesn't have good coaches. Maybe Kurtinaitis?

Here's the thing, this Lithuanian team doesn't have the three point shooters it is used to (Saras, Kaukenas, Jasaitas). So the traditional threat of pick and roll with the kick out option for the trys taskai isn't a real threat. Sure, there are guys on the roster that can make a three but that deadly shooter just isn't there. I would have thought that without the guys mentioned above, a player like Gecevicius or Dulkys would have found a spot on this team simply to fill the role of the deep shooter.

I think that's Lithuania's biggest issue. Lithuania's second biggest issue is that Kleiza is having a terrible tournament. Even though at first glance his stats look ok and he has been better in the last two games, he's shooting 32% from the field. Even worse is that he is forcing shots and completely predictable. He either passes the ball straight away or puts it on the floor and forces up a shot. There is no kick out with him and therefore he's easy to defend. I remember what a beast he was at the World Championship in 2010. He was one of the best players in the whole tournament. Now, he's been one of Lithuania's worst players.

Lithuania is still quite well positioned to get a Top 6 spot so that they can go to Spain next summer and that's all I can really hope for at this point. Anything beyond that would be a blessing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eurobasket 2013 rikhardur 21 15,683 Aug 26, 2013, 10:58 pm
Last Post: Fivepack
  Eurobasket 2013 - Qualifying round TeoTheGreek13 23 13,703 May 4, 2013, 9:27 am
Last Post: ZEUS