Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Players
Australia - Gaze makes cut for FIBA Hall of Fame

From http://www.southdragons.com.au

Australian basketball legend Andrew Gaze has been included in a list of 34 world-renowned basketball figures as a candidate for induction into the 2007 Class of the FIBA Hall of Fame.

FIBA, the governing body of world basketball, will announce the final 2007 Class list on June 18, with the official enshrinement ceremony taking place on September 12 in Madrid, Spain.

Administrator Alistair Ramsay, who played an integral role in the formation of the Oceania Zone of which Basketball Australia is a part, was also named in the 2007 Class.

"It was a surprise to be included and a bit intimidating I might add, when you see the other names on the list," Gaze said.

"It?s only a preliminary thing, so it's nothing to get excited about just yet, but it?s an honour to be part of the group."

"I wouldn't mind a trip to Spain, though. That?d be great. I don't think I've been there since the Barcelona Olympics."
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

AUS - Australian Bruce withdraws name from NBA draft

From http://www.fiba.com

WACO (NBA) - Australia guard Aaron Bruce has withdrawn his name from this month's NBA draft and will return to Waco for his senior season.

The Baylor star - who played at last year's 2006 FIBA World Championship - had not signed with an agent, but did take part in workouts with the Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, and San Antonio Spurs.

"I've enjoyed these last few months because it's given me a chance to understand the whole process better," Bruce said.

"I've ventured into the process and now I have a chance to return to Baylor and turn things around and go to the NCAA Tournament.

"That's been my dream all along, we haven't experienced that yet, but next year we have a chance to do that."

The 6ft 3in guard averaged 14.3 points and 3.5 assists in three seasons with Baylor. He made 40% of his three-point attempts.

Coach Scott Drew was only too pleased to welcome him back to Texas.

"This was a great process for Aaron to go through," he said. "It will help him with what he'll be doing next year. At the same time Baylor basketball is excited to have him back next year because he has meant so much to the rebuilding of our program."

Also on Monday, Nevada's Marcelus Kemp, George Washington guard Maureece Rice and Marquette guard Dominic James withdrew their names from consideration. The NBA draft takes place in New York on June 28.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2009 Australian NBL playoff finals rikhardur 4 4,237 Mar 14, 2009, 4:11 am
Last Post: rikhardur