Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Eurobasket players were found doped!!!
One Spaniard and one Skopje were found doped during the Eurobasket 2011!!! Angry Thudown Baby

My thoughts are running to Ilievski(or Antic or maybe Bo) for FYROM Baby Thudown but I don't have a clue for the Spaniard.

Ofcourse, someone may think is Navarro but we know how good he is. Well, I don't know about the Spaniard...
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
How reliable is this article?
Quote:How reliable is this article?

Is very reliable because it contains an official statement by anti doping service director.

Also, this article is in every greek sport site!!!
Well that's interesting.. If I had to guess who's Spain's one I'd say it's probably one of their NBA big-men. just a feeling.
Here is my guess on players and possible doping violations.

FYROM:

Ilievski (HGH)
Antic (HGH)
Bo (Weed/THC)

Spanish:

Anybody! Here's my top 5.

Serge Ibaka (HGH)
Pau Gasol(HGH)
Marc Gasol(HGH)
Navarro(HGH)
Fernandez(HGH)

HGH = Human growth hormone
Weed/THC= Canibus, marajuana
I'm think that who fly on court that he is doped Crazy

Like James Gist in Partizan,but we loved him because of amazing dunks Biggrin Biggrin
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:I'm think that who fly on court that he is doped Crazy

Like James Gist in Partizan,but we loved him because of amazing dunks Biggrin Biggrin

On the one hand we have "Isiah Thomas" of Eurobasket aka Bo McCalebb Baby Bag but on the other hand we have two "bionic" players who played nearly 40 minutes per game running up and down the court without getting exhausted and these are Ilievski(#1 in minutes per game in Eurobasket) and Antic(#2 in Eurobasket)!!! Bag

About Spain, I'm more than sure, that the doped one is one of the very big names, like Raze said! Baby Crazy
Quote:I'm think that who fly on court that he is doped Crazy

James Gist was flying high BUT not because he was taking PED (performance enhancing drugs). James Gist was actually high. Rofl3 He was caught with THC/Carboxy in his system. This is from marijuana smoking. I think Bo also might have the same problem.

Here is Jay and Silent Bob talking about getting high. This is what James Gist did. I guess he got high in 2 ways dunks and weed. Laugh :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

Quote:James Gist (2004-08) may be facing a FIBA ban after testing positive (translation) for Carboxy-THC (that's the chemical marijuana leaves behind in the body) last month during a routine post-game drug test on June 1st in Serbia.

Two samples are always taken, and Gist's sample A came back positive with low levels of the drug. So, if my understanding of poorly translated Turkish news and my memory of FIBA procedures is correct, sample B will now be tested by a different lab. If sample B comes back positive as well, then the ban could be anywhere from three months to two years.

Gist had just signed a new deal with reigning Turkish champion Fenerbahce Ulker last week. The team has said they will wait for the investigation to finish before management decides whether to keep

http://mdturtle.blogspot.com/2011/07/jam...oping.html
Quote:James Gist was flying high BUT not because he was taking PED (performance enhancing drugs). James Gist was actually high. Rofl3 He was caught with THC/Carboxy in his system. This is from marijuana smoking. I think Bo also might have the same problem.

Here is Jay and Silent Bob talking about getting high. This is what James Gist did. I guess he got high in 2 ways dunks and weed. Laugh :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

http://mdturtle.blogspot.com/2011/07/jam...oping.html

He look like Gist Rofl3 Rofl3 Rofl3
Quote:Here is my guess on players and possible doping violations.

FYROM:

Ilievski (HGH)
Antic (HGH)
Bo (Weed/THC)

Rofl3 This is too funny! But it would certainly explain why this American kid decided to pick up up a Macedonian passport! Laugh

From Spain, I will put my money on Rudy. He does some things that the human body shouldn't be capable of. It could be Rubio, he may be struggling with his developmental plateau.
FIBA claims that the rumors are false. There is a hilarious article out by Ball in Europe where they tear apart the Macedonian media for their remarks against Lithuania. It's a good read. Plus their logo is Pau Gasol as a smoking leprechaun going one-on-one against Siskauskas and it just doesn't get any better than that!

Quote:FIBA denies EuroBasket doping rumor; Macedonian media trash-talks Lithuanian counterparts

Though Team FYR Macedonia eliminated hosts Lithuania from the 2011 EuroBasket tournament in mid-September, a certain amount of talk-trashing about the match continues in the blogosphere.

Yesterday, FIBA was forced to do a bizarre bit of damage control after Lithuanian media- specifically, who else but powerhouse club sponsor Lietuvos Rytas? - reported that two players competing in EuroBasket had tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs; the piece quoted representatives from the Lithuanian Anti-Doping Agency stated abnormalities had been found and that further testing would have to be done by FIBA on the samples of the two players.

FIBA Europe was quick to deny any such claims, however, soon releasing the following tersely-worded statement on the subject:

'€œFIBA Europe has dismissed media speculations which claim that two of the players participating in the recent EuroBasket in Lithuania returned a positive drug test.

'œFIBA Europe has emphasized that any such news reports are without substance.

'€œFIBA Europe would have been the first to be informed about positive tests for banned substances during EuroBasket 2011, a tournament that has already been trademarked as one of the best and cleanest basketball events ever.

'On Tuesday, news reports sourcing in Lithuania and reproduced around Europe, were referring to two players who have been tested positive for banned performance enhancing substances during the EuroBasket.'€

The lifespan of this rumor through the 21st-century hype cycle -€“ from half-baked rumor to re-reportage online as fact to official denial to tapering off of tweets -€“ with the speed of a fruitfly, and in the squall of commentary at least one Macedonian media outlet took quite the aggressive stance toward their Lithuanian counterparts.

In an English-language piece entitled'€œLithuanian Media Still Upset over loss to Macedonia,'€ an unidentified Macedonian International News Agency (MINA) writer reinterpreted the gossip proliferation of yesterday somewhat freely.

The MINA piece, together with snarky comments provided by BallinEurope, follows.

'€œLithuanian media, the same media who predicted their nation reaching the final, even printed tickets for the Spain match before their team even played Macedonia, is now claiming there were two basketball players using Steroids during the European championship in Basketball.'

(Wait a minute, Lithuanian media printed tickets?)

'Some people it seems, just can'€™t take a loss'

(Oooh, zing.)

'€œThe Lithuanian basketball federation had said nothing, but the media today claimed '€˜for sure'€™ there were two basketball players using steroids. First it was two Macedonians, then [they] corrected themselves and now [it'€™s] one Macedonian and one Spaniard. Though frankly, Macedonians did request a doping test for Navarro (who couldn'€™t miss) as well as for the Greek referee who had 92% of his calls go against Macedonia.'

(BiE thinks that last part is meant to be ironic; either that or some people just can't take a win.)

'€œFIBA issued a quick press release slamming the Lithuanian media for their speculative reporting because the international body had conducted numerous tests and all came back negative. FIBA went even as far as to say that was the '€˜cleanest'€™ tournament ever.'€

(Read the FIBA Europe statement, 'any such news reports are without substance.'€ Wait a minute - is that a play on words?)

'€œFIBA on its website refused to speculate which national teams or players the Lithuanian media referred to!'

(Perhaps because they'€™ve put the matter of Navarro and Bo McCalebb's seemingly supernatural powers in the tournament into an X-file; incidentally, who ends a news story with an exclamation point?)

BiE believes the best solution in order to prevent a war of words between Macedonian and Lithuanian media/blogophiles would be to get them on the court. In such a venue, certain trash-talking might be more appropriate.

And gee, does BiE hope that the Luol Deng-to-Bizkaia Bilbao Basket story published on Krepsinis.net isn'€™t 'without substance' as well!

http://www.ballineurope.com/countries/li.../#comments
^^ What? No violation?!Well that pretty much ruins all our fun. Or just ruins my fun. Guess I'll go back to waiting for college basketball to start and watching EL here and there. Since there is no NBA.^^
Quote:^^ What? No violation?!Well that pretty much ruins all our fun. Or just ruins my fun. Guess I'll go back to waiting for college basketball to start and watching EL here and there. Since there is no NBA.^^

At least the NCAA is making the most of its spotlight with bad ass ideas like playing a game on an aircraft carrier.
Quote:At least the NCAA is making the most of its spotlight with bad ass ideas like playing a game on an aircraft carrier.

DId you see that game??

[Image: 2u55q1w.gif]
It won't be a surprise to me if FIBA "cover" the incident in order to protect their beloved Spaniards. Baby Thudown
Quote:At least the NCAA is making the most of its spotlight with bad ass ideas like playing a game on an aircraft carrier.

The carrier classic was a great idea. Unfortunately, the game itself wasn't very entertaining beyond the first half.

[Image: 132357129_extra_large.jpg]

Quote:DId you see that game??

[Image: 2u55q1w.gif]

Excellent!
Great idea Laugh But it's off topic Crazy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eurobasket 2011: Stock Rising skangles 16 8,519 Sep 18, 2011, 10:33 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  All Eurobasket team! TeoTheGreek13 3 3,329 Sep 18, 2011, 9:23 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  Eurobasket 2011 articles/news TalkBasket 50 25,554 Sep 14, 2011, 5:06 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  Eurobasket online streaming, links, videos, torrents etc Black Urum 40 21,826 Sep 8, 2011, 1:43 pm
Last Post: harvey1505
  First Impressions of Eurobasket 2011 basketballfan333 12 6,715 Sep 5, 2011, 2:34 am
Last Post: Raze Lupin