Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serie A Players' Comments and Interviews
From http://www.fiba.com

ITA - Kaukenas overjoyed with Lega A triumph

SIENA (Lega A) - Montepaschi Siena guard Rimantas Kaukenas was a happy man after his MVP performance helped his side win the Lega A play-off final.

The 30-year-old Lithuanian clinched his first Lega A winner's medal with Montepaschi after a wonderful series which saw him pour in 17 points in game one, 25 in game two and 18 in game three against Virtus Bologna.

Siena rode his hot performances to clinch a 3-0 victory.

"I am delighted, there are no words to describe it," Kaukenas said.

"It's incredible, something new in my life and I am overjoyed.

"The MVP title is mine, but it also belongs to the team and to my team-mates, who game after game have been MVPs in the regular season.

"We have proved we have the best team and fully deserve this scudetto."

Kaukenas has not been involved with the Lithuania national team in recent years but his form in Lega A has led to speculation he will be called up for the

EuroBasket in Spain in September.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Kaukė—nas really been on the rise during the last few seasons. It is good to see him doing so well. He will be very useful in the NT.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  american basketball players who played in San Benedetto olive branch 3 3,210 Mar 26, 2020, 7:16 pm
Last Post: maltrare