Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007/08 European Signings and Rumours
in next season "Unicaja" wont to take Ettore Messina and Marc Gasol....people talks cause E.Messina have rejected CSKA and DINAMO offer...
[quote name='"Rivers7":2v0102d3']According to a Greek sports media, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos will try to sign Greek NT's and Dynamo Moscow's power forward, Antonis Fotsis. I really need a Panathinaikos' fan opinion about Fotsis, and his relation with PAO's coach, Zelimir Obradovic.[/quote]

I've been hearing this rumour myself too a lot lately.

His relations with both PAO board and coach are very good since he is the closest thing to a world class player that PAO has 'produced' in the past decade. The only reason he left was because he wanted to try his luck in the NBA.

However I translated one of his interviews to Dynamo Moscow official website a couple of years ago and he stated that although he is a PAO fan himself he wouldn't mind playing for Olympiakos if required...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

[quote name='"Arkadios":imco5doz'][quote name='"Rivers7":imco5doz']According to a Greek sports media, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos will try to sign Greek NT's and Dynamo Moscow's power forward, Antonis Fotsis. I really need a Panathinaikos' fan opinion about Fotsis, and his relation with PAO's coach, Zelimir Obradovic.[/quote]

I've been hearing this rumour myself too a lot lately.

His relations with both PAO board and coach are very good since he is the closest thing to a world class player that PAO has 'produced' in the past decade. The only reason he left was because he wanted to try his luck in the NBA.

However I translated one of his interviews to Dynamo Moscow official website a couple of years ago and he stated that although he is a PAO fan himself he wouldn't mind playing for Olympiakos if required...[/quote]

Ok, thanks Arkadios. <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->
David Blatt resigned from his position at Efes after they lost against Kar??yaka today...
[quote name='"MarkoMilic":1oxv93jx']David Blatt resigned from his position at Efes after they lost against Kar??yaka today...[/quote]

Wow man, this is some serious news! I'm not surprised, but Blatt is a big name in Europe and certainly his resignation will shake things up...

I think this is another sign that he is heading to CSKA, although I don't think he is at Messina's level...

And I think that he was just mad at Efes' management for sacking those three Americans and destroying his chances in the Top16 which started so well...

I witnessed his frustration because I was sitting just a few meters from Efes bench in OAKA and I have never seen a coach as mad as Blatt...

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

I think in summer Blatt will go to CSKA and Messina to Barca.
[quote name='"RU$H#4":3itfera8']I think in summer Blatt will go to CSKA and Messina to Barca.[/quote]

Those rumours have been around for quite some time. Blatt left Efes Pilsen by mutual agreement.
[quote name='"RU$H#4":2uvzqxgn']I think in summer Blatt will go to CSKA and Messina to Barca.[/quote]

I think, JR Holden and Nickolas Zisis, want this so much... <!-- s:cool: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/coolio.gif[/img]<!-- s:cool: -->
Spanish newspaper 'Sport' reported that Messina has reached an agreement with Barcelona for a 3+1 contract.

According to their post the first round of negotiations between the two sides took place in March 20 when CSKA visited Barcelona for the last game of the Top16.

Apparently Messina has asked for some days to think it over and now he has agreed.

Of course CSKA vice-president Andrey Vatunin has a different idea. His comments:

"I don't know why these dirty rumours have been floating around, and I really do not know who is benefiting from them, Barcelona, Olympiakos or maybe Maccabi?

I am very frustrated because everyone knows that Messina is facing serious personal issues and no one respects it and on the contrary are using it.

[quote name='"Arkadios":276zcne2']...

Of course CSKA vice-president Andrey Vatunin has a different idea. His comments:

"I don't know why these dirty rumours have been floating around, and I really do not know who is benefiting from them, Barcelona, Olympiakos or maybe Maccabi?

I am very frustrated because everyone knows that Messina is facing serious personal issues and no one respects it and on the contrary are using it.[/quote]

Logical words. Vatunin don't want the media to mess the things up in the team with ( rumors or not ) possible Messina's move to Barca, some days before the most crucial game of the year against Olympiakos.
According to mondobasket Barcleona is interested in Gallinari.

If Barcelona signs Messina and half of the players they are targeting, they will become a powerhouse, no doubts...

New rumors about Koufos for Olympiakos. There are also many rumors about Papaloukas ( who I think he will come in Piraeus this summer ) and Zisis.
Svetislav Pesic left Dynamo Moscow <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.talkbasket.net/content/view/102/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">[url="http://www.talkbasket.net/content/view/102/1/"]http://www.talkbasket.net/content/view/102/1/[/url]</a><!-- m -->
According to some Israeli and Russian sources Dynamo is interested in signing Pini Gershon as their new coach.

[quote name='"Arkadios":1cysfqr3']According to some Israeli and Russian sources Dynamo is interested in signing Pini Gershon as their new coach.[/quote]

Is suicide an option ??? <!-- s:p -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif[/img]<!-- s:p -->
I don't understand why ppl think Gershon (3 times champ) is a bad coach... well he had bad days in OLY bad still he is much batter than many other coaches.
Gershon is type of a coach who can lead a strong team to success but I doubt he could get most of not so strong team. Opposite example could be Rytas' head coach Trifunovic. He didn't have any stars in his team but Rytas played the best basketball in EL.
[quote name='"Vilius":253yzspo']Gershon is type of a coach who can lead a strong team to success but I doubt he could get most of not so strong team. Opposite example could be Rytas' head coach Trifunovic. He didn't have any stars in his team but Rytas played the best basketball in EL.[/quote]

I think we all should remember the difficulties Gershon had with his top star injured (Macas) and Sofo getting the size of a galaxy. after all he preformed bad in Oly, But still u can't say abot 3 times champ a bad coach.
I am not saying he's a bad coach but as I said some coached do well with good teams and some do well with average teams. For example Antanas Sireika won Eurobasket in 2003 and finished 4th in Athens when he had a strong team. He did a good job because the team played very well and each player knew his role on the team. But Sireika couldn't achieve big things with a team that is average compared to others in the competition. For example Giannakis could do that in my opinion.
Maccabi is after Ante Tomic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Fantasy Challenge: Two major signings EuroLeague News 0 288 Oct 26, 2021, 8:59 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague signings: Happy returns EuroLeague News 0 338 Sep 28, 2021, 8:22 am
  EuroLeague signings: Perimeter players EuroLeague News 0 318 Sep 25, 2021, 10:18 am
  EuroLeague signings: We meet again EuroLeague News 0 299 Sep 10, 2021, 4:51 am