Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007/08 European Signings and Rumours
CSKA signed Viktor Khryapa.
And Dynamo Moscow is interested in Ruben Paterson who has been a free agent for a while now...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

L.Roma signed Andrea Crosariol from V.Bologna, this is their second addition after Ibrahim Jaaber...
Barcelona fired Dusko Ivanovic who had troubles with GM Zoran Savic. Rumours suggest that Pini Gershon could be his replacement.
NT coaches can't sign for ACB clubs. Gershon is Bulgarian NT coach.

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Efes released Drew Nicholas, Loren Woods an Rashad Wright. Andre Hutson was fined but not released. I don't know what does it mean but Efes' general manager Engin Özerhun told that Hutson's manners and excuses during these events were acceptable...
[quote name='"MarkoMilic":26tgpx4j']Efes released Drew Nicholas, Loren Woods an Rashad Wright. Andre Hutson was fined but not released. I don't know what does it mean but Efes' general manager Engin Özerhun told that Hutson's manners and excuses during these events were acceptable...[/quote]

ilker i guess they're trying to make for their lack of priciples and courage. i mean, if they were brave and moral enough, they would release all the players who hadn't been to serbia!!

but you know to do this: maça s?kmad? tabi!! they couldn't and definetly cannot afford to lose all theri americans.
What will they do now? They can't sign any new players for Euroleague.
[quote name='"Vilius":3dt5ong1']What will they do now? They can't sign any new players for Euroleague.[/quote]

EL is over for them...

According to Turkbasket, Efes is after Ayuso and Gurovic:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.turkbasket.com/haberanasayfa.asp?m=1&hid=37178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">[url="http://www.turkbasket.com/haberanasayfa"]http://www.turkbasket.com/haberanasayfa[/url] ... &hid=37178</a><!-- m -->
Ayuso AND Gurovic? Are they trying to start a mad house? <!-- sCrazy -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/crazy.gif[/img]<!-- sCrazy -->

I wonder where Nicholas will land...

These are not the latest rumours but David Blatt is expected to sign with CSKA Moscow next season while Ettore Messina could go to Barcelona.
Terenc Morris (Pf) of maccabi will be a free agnebt this summer, Morris got intrest from teams from Spain< greece and CSKA. Maccabi tires to make him stay, but the playre want 2m $ a year contract, not the amount the Maccabi are willing to pay.
Guy how tall is he exactly? I think he would make a great duo with Batiste, don't you think? <!-- sWink -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]<!-- sWink -->

He has definitely been one of the Euroleague rookies...

I'm not sure how tall he is for sure, but in the EL site it says 2.07. A duo with Batist? well I don't know.. both of them are PF so I would prefer of Morrris- BATISTA! duo <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->

more news from Maccabi , PG Gal Makel (20, 1.90) signed with Maccabi till the end of the year. Gal has some college basketball experience in wichita state college.
Marc Jackson has been released by Olympiakos.

Panathinaikos is very close to renewing Kostas Tsartsaris' contract for another 2-3 years with 1M Euros per year.

[quote name='"Arkadios":2xmfw7i9']Marc Jackson has been released by Olympiakos.[/quote]

It's a loss for the team. He was playing well in the Euroleague. But I guess he couldn't fit in Yannakis' schemes. When such decisions are made I wonder wether it would be better to keep a player on the bench and use him in certain situations or release him. Unless there were something between him Yannakis. Maybe Jackson didn't like his order.
How can you use a player that scores 10 points and his man in defense score 10+1 ?

That is a useless player if you ask me. Plus players like him don't fit Yiannakis standards who needs serious and dedicated players. Now that he is gone, an American player spot opened up in the Greek A1 which will be filled by Woods.

Olympiakos with Jackson vs PAO: 0-3

Olympiakos with Woods vs PAO: 0-0

[quote name='"Arkadios":19f8d4pd']How can you use a player that scores 10 points and his man in defense score 10+1 ?

That is a useless player if you ask me. Plus players like him don't fit Yiannakis standards who needs serious and dedicated players.[/quote]

Oh yes, it was somewhat predictable I guess. No defence whatsoever with Giannakis, you're gone <!-- s:p -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif[/img]<!-- s:p -->
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Any way I think it will let woods to play more and show his abilities.
According to a Greek sports media, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos will try to sign Greek NT's and Dynamo Moscow's power forward, Antonis Fotsis. I really need a Panathinaikos' fan opinion about Fotsis, and his relation with PAO's coach, Zelimir Obradovic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Fantasy Challenge: Two major signings EuroLeague News 0 288 Oct 26, 2021, 8:59 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague signings: Happy returns EuroLeague News 0 338 Sep 28, 2021, 8:22 am
  EuroLeague signings: Perimeter players EuroLeague News 0 318 Sep 25, 2021, 10:18 am
  EuroLeague signings: We meet again EuroLeague News 0 299 Sep 10, 2021, 4:51 am