Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
WATCHMEN OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Anyone else excited about the March 6, 2009 release? I've been a fan of the graphic novel for a few years now and I can't wait to see this. The film is directed by Zack Snyder. Many of you should be familiar with his work on 300.

The theatrical version will be 155 minutes, while the director's cut will be 190 minutes. With 'Tales of the Black Freighter' included in the DVD release it will run 220 minutes.

For those of you not familiar with the graphic novel, I highly suggest reading it before seeing the film.

Unlike most superhero-type graphic novels and films, this one isn't about the action, it is about the story. It is about the murder of a vigilante known as "The Comedian" and another vigilante known as "Rorschach" begins an investigation. He's quite ruthless in his search for answers and he believes there is a costumed hero murderer on the loose. Many other vigilantes have retired due to a law being passed, but Kovacs continues to be Rorschach despite this. There are a lot of flashbacks from each character. By the end, you should know each character's background before the ending kicks you in the mouth.

First trailer

Second trailer

Japanese trailer

It's seems like it's going to be a good movie. It was a good idea to start this thread.

To those wondering what the topic title means - it means "who watches the watchmen?".
Are you a fan of Watchmen, Vilius?
No, I'm not to be honest. It was the first time that I heard about them in your post. Comics are not that popular here you see. But I'm always interested in new things.