Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask the Coach
It was already announced on the main site but I will do it here too. We are very pleased that the coach Georgis Dikeoulakos agreed to write for us as well as answer the questions of the basketball fans. If you want to ask him any basketball related questions, you can do it [url="http://http"]here[/url]. When we gather enough questions, they will be published on the site together with the answers.

Georgis Dikeoulakos bio

He was born in Athens in 1969 but already has great experience. For the past 11 years he has worked as an assistant coach in the Greek A1 league (Olympiakos, Panionios, Panellinios, Dafni, and other clubs). He has participated with some of these teams in Euroleague, ULEB Cup, Fiba Cup, and with the women's National Team of Greece in Eurobasket 2007 in Italy. He has worked alongside many experienced coaches (Slobodan Subotic, Dirk Bauerman, Kostas Missas, Giorgos Kalafatakis etc). In 2006 he traveled to the States to the training camps of Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks from the NBA and De Paul, Marquette, Northwestern, S.Francis from NCAA. He teaches "scouting in Basketball" at the University of physical education in Athens, and at the school for basketball coaches in Greece. He also teaches in many international clinics in Greece and abroad. He has written many articles to basketball magazines-newspapers and websites. Many of his ex-players are World - European Champions and NBA stars. To name a few: Theodoros Papaloukas, Alfonso Ford, Stephane Risacher, Mihalis Pelekanos, Misan Nikagbatse, Patrick Femerling, Nikos Ekonomou, Anthony Goldwire, Georgios Papanikolaou, Tomic, N'Daye, Savrasenko, Buck Williams, Blue Edwards and WNBA players Maltsi and Kostaki from women basketball. He speaks Serbo-Croatian, English and Spanish.
WOW, I think this was a really cool idea, and some dont know just how hard it is to get people like this to do small things like this....

Definitely a nice perk to the site... Thup

I took advantage of it as soon as I saw it...

http://www.talkbasket.net/content/view/90/1/

I am Nate.....
Coach Dikeoulakos is a great and respected coach here in Greece. He has both club and international level competition experience with many good teams.

He has been nothing but gold so far by providing thorough answers to everyone who posted a question. Really helpful, so many kudos to him. It is great to have people from the basketball scene lookig after simple basketball fans such as ourselves. Thup
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I posted a question before in the 4th set, I just made another one yesterday.