Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pau Gasol to L.A. Lakers
Pau Gasol to L.A. Lakers which automatically turns them into a title challengers...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Pau and Kobe in one team. Interesting. Grizzlies got Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton and first round draft picks in 2008 and 2010.
Lakers want to trade Odom with Kidd.

Imagine Kobe-Kidd-Gasol!
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I don't want to sound dramatic, but I'm not sure anybody, European or American or Nepali, realizes just how good Pau is. When he had a good coach in Hubie Brown, he was a legitimate MVP candidate. Plus, on the NT, he's proven that he can dominate smaller PFs and Cs. He's in a category of his own. Pairing him with Kobe is amazing.

On another note, I'm really not impressed with Andrew Bynum. People are talking a lot about him and Gasol together. Yeah, they'll be good as twin towers, but...Bynum can't keep playing so well.
30 points and 10 rebounds and some assists last night for Gasol. I read that he and Kobe played the "pick and role" game brilliantly. As much as I hate Kobe, I'll admit that he's a good shooter. And Gasol is perhaps the best big man at getting to the rim. Combine those two and it does make for a good pick and role.
Pau is going to be very useful. Now we have an inside presence which we havent had since Shaq. When Bynum is back the Lakers will be amazing. The only week link in my opinion would be point guard.
Quote:Pau Gasol to L.A. Lakers which automatically turns them into a title challengers...

well I dpn't believe that it turns them into tittle chalangers, because when team was with shaq and kobe, lakers had other good and expierenced players like fox,harper,horry,rice,fisher now they just got pau with kobe and fisher with odom, others players are not good enough for the play-off I guess Kobes wage is huge and now when they signed Pau it will be difficult to sign real good players. Tittle challengers ? not this year for sure.
I disagree. I think with Phil Jackson on the bench and guys with experience like fisher and kobe the lakers can do well. Im not saying we can win the whole thing but I certanly think the western conference finals is a great possibility. There is nothing to separate most of the teams in the west so I see it as the top 6 in the west all have a good chance of winning it all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakers 'picked apart' in second collapse vs. OKC ESPN NBA 0 355 Nov 7, 2021, 4:42 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 273 Oct 18, 2021, 4:43 am
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 267 Oct 16, 2021, 2:03 am
  P. Gasol, 2-time NBA champion, officially retires ESPN NBA 0 259 Oct 7, 2021, 6:41 am
  NBA Power Rankings: Nets, Lakers and other preseason favorites ESPN NBA 0 281 Sep 30, 2021, 10:05 am