Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Webber retires
Quote:Golden State Warriors forward Chris Webber confirmed Wednesday that he has retired.

Webber, 35, played only nine games this season because of chronic knee problems.

"I just felt it was time to let the game go, and to be happy with what I accomplished without trying to keep coming back," he said.

Prior to rejoining the Warriors on Jan. 29, Webber hadn't played since the Detroit Pistons lost in six games to the Cleveland Cavaliers in last spring's Eastern Conference finals.

"People say you have got go to until the wheels fall off," he said. "Well, my wheel fell off.

"I went all the way until the end. I'm happy with that."

Webber posted impressive statistics, averaging 20.7 points, 9.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.4 blocked shots, 1.4 steals and 37.3 minutes in 831 games (827 starts) since turning pro with Golden State.

But the pain in his left knee simply became too much to bear.

"I really did not want to rehab and come back this season because I did not think that was possible," he said. "Plus, because the way the team is playing, the chemistry is great with these guys, they're on a roll.

"I feel like they're going to win. They have a great chance to go very far in the playoffs." [...]

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/stor...ml?ref=rss
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P. Gasol, 2-time NBA champion, officially retires ESPN NBA 0 259 Oct 7, 2021, 6:41 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  'It is what it is': Playoff injuries haunt Chris Paul vs. Lakers ESPN NBA 0 392 May 28, 2021, 8:55 pm
  How Chris Paul has pushed the Suns to be legitimate title contenders ESPN NBA 0 420 Apr 20, 2021, 10:24 am
  Chris Bosh watches Game 1 with LeBron, Heat on the mind ESPN NBA 0 610 Oct 5, 2020, 6:53 am
  Chris Paul has been running point for the players during the NBA's shutdown ESPN NBA 0 726 Jun 4, 2020, 1:53 pm