Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How great is the western conference?
I mean seriously. Their 8th placed team is only a few games back from their first placed. More than half of the wests' teams have winning records, The MAVERICKS who are a great team, are all the way back in 7th, and they haven't been playing very bad basketball either. It's just how good the western conference is. The wests' 8th seed is like 3 games above 500. And the easts in 5 games below 5 hundred.

It's amazing.
Western Conference has always been stronger as much as I remember. And things haven't changed over the years.
I couldn't agree more. There is a whole new NBA fans category that only follow the Western Conference.

We have actually stressed the unfair NBA system HERE
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Western Conference has always been stronger as much as I remember. And things haven't changed over the years.

Actually as of late the east has been up there in my opinion.
West is very competitive. Every team have to fight for the playoffs spot, did you see what happen when Lakers got Gasol, I mean most of the other teams made a move, Mavs got Kidd, Suns Shaq, Hornets made a trade, Spurs made a trade, Rockets made a trade... that's why west is strong, because all teams have to play hard if they don't want to miss the playoffs. Anyway I think East got two strongest teams in the league, that's Celtics and Pistons Smile
Definitely one of the most dominant conferences in history. It's not for sure who'll come out on top ion the playoffs, in any match-up!
Quote:Western Conference has always been stronger as much as I remember. And things haven't changed over the years.

Historically speaking the East generally has been the stronger conference (aside from the Lakers). I mean during the 80s they had the dominant teams of the Celtics, Pistons, DW and the Hawks, Barkley and his 76ers, and then even into the early 90s you had the MJ Bulls, Ewing Knicks, Zo Heat...

The west did have their share of very good teams, like the 80-90 lakers and the Rockets and Spurs into the mid 90s, but over the last 10-12 years or so the power has really swung to the west. Shaq went from East to West (Magic-Lakers), Odom E to W (Heat to Lakers), Duncan got drafted, Phil Jackson went West from East...

All in all historically the East was stronger but the west in the last decade or so has taken control. But you still gotta admit the best team in the league this year is far and away the Celtics, look at their record against the west.... GO CELTICS! Crazy
The west is doing better than expected and a lot of the teams have been staying steady on the roster. It should be some good games close to the playoffs as everybody start buying for a playoff spot.
Western Conference at the moment is stronger, The grandees are averagely the same, western is stronger in crappy teams, ex.Washington wouldn't even go to play offs in west but he is safe in east now.

I would say in play off everything will be fair to both sides, west is just stronger by the weakest teams.

which don't metter for play offs.

but look if the eastern conference has more weak teams, that gives the opportunity of good picks in draft, so they might get some super stars like Cavs did with LBJ and now they are GREAT team. so it can happen even with "MIAMI Crazy"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Giannis, the Bucks believe they can be NBA's next great dynasty ESPN NBA 0 250 Oct 28, 2021, 3:43 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Kerr: Klay 'looked great' at Warriors' first practice ESPN NBA 0 294 Sep 30, 2021, 11:11 pm
  LeBron is far from the first Lakers great to change jersey numbers ESPN NBA 0 371 Jun 10, 2021, 11:39 pm
  The players and matchups that matter in every conference semifinal ESPN NBA 0 307 Jun 10, 2021, 8:38 am
  Jazz great Mark Eaton, 64, dies after bike crash ESPN NBA 0 346 May 31, 2021, 5:35 am