Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014-2015 season signings & rumours
Onto the new season!

What a great final four for outsider Maccabi to win it all in spectacular fashion!!!

Andrei Vatunin of CSKA is apparently already setting his sights on David Blatt? Mesina will obviously be a thing of the past, looks like he really wasn't capable of handling his expensive players properly to achieve the result of winning a Euroleague title. JR Holden and Theo Papaloukas were possibly the best players CSKA ever had. Who's going to fill their shoes? Teodosic doesn't seem to have that leadership, at least, yet. I have a feeling that Real is going to be hellbent on winning the title next year, especially that it will be taking place in Madrid. I reckon the team will largely stay the same. Something they have not been used to is having their backs up against the wall in difficult situations. Real has had consistency throughout the year, but when push came to shove, Maccabi outpunked and outplayed them.

How about Kyle Hines going back to Olympiakos? I've heard rumours that he's definitely not saying no!
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
It would be HUGE for Olympiacos to get Hines back and I actually think they will. The question is, how many of their current best players will they be able to keep. Fenerbahce, EFES and Galatasaray want Spanoulis, Printezis, Perperoglou and one more but I don't remember who. Actually, Perperoglou going to EFES seems to be a done deal. Spanoulis is the big question mark.

On other news, PAO just announced Dusko Ivanovic as the new head coach. He signed a two-year contract. That's a tricky one. In my opinion, there are two possibilities with Ivanovic: He'll either be sacked at the middle of the season, or he'll stay for many years and create a dynasty or something. I hope we do set the foundations for another dynasty because, I don't think Diamantidis has too much left in him. We need a successor or at least a core of very good players to replace him.

This season will be interesting. Too bad I'll have to serve my time in the army this season.
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Jan Vesely to Fenerbahce Ulker is a done deal. Former Partizan star signed a 3 year deal with Turkish champions
(Jun 10, 2014, 4:35 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: It would be HUGE for Olympiacos to get Hines back and I actually think they will. The question is, how many of their current best players will they be able to keep. Fenerbahce, EFES and Galatasaray want Spanoulis, Printezis, Perperoglou and one more but I don't remember who. Actually, Perperoglou going to EFES seems to be a done deal. Spanoulis is the big question mark.

On other news, PAO just announced Dusko Ivanovic as the new head coach. He signed a two-year contract. That's a tricky one. In my opinion, there are two possibilities with Ivanovic: He'll either be sacked at the middle of the season, or he'll stay for many years and create a dynasty or something. I hope we do set the foundations for another dynasty because, I don't think Diamantidis has too much left in him. We need a successor or at least a core of very good players to replace him.

This season will be interesting. Too bad I'll have to serve my time in the army this season. :dry:

Ah too bad pal, may it pass quickly Wink Where are you showing up to, and what army division? I did mine some years ago, don't get worried about it, it's mostly boring and that's about it Laugh
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Rumours suggest that Will Cherry, recently cut by the Cleveland Cavaliers, is nearing a deal with Zalgiris to become their starting point guard.
Will Cherry joined Zalgiris

Mirza Begic stays with Laboral Kutxa till the end of the season

Laboral Kutxa tabs Darius Adams
Joe Alexander replaces Aleks Maric in Maccabi

Justin Carter to Galatasaray
Aleks Maric to Galatasaray
Thomas Heurtel to Anadolu Efes
Nikos Zisis to Fenerbahce
Ben Hansbrough to Laboral Kutxa
It's official Nikos Zisis moved to Fenerbahce

Zalgiris managed to keep James Anderson for the rest of the season

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Fantasy Challenge: Two major signings EuroLeague News 0 287 Oct 26, 2021, 8:59 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Fantasy tips: Regular Season, Round 3 EuroLeague News 0 311 Oct 16, 2021, 3:28 pm
  Coaches may challenge one official's call per game this season EuroLeague News 0 306 Oct 2, 2021, 6:12 am
  Fantasy Challenge tips: Regular Season, Round 1 EuroLeague News 0 308 Sep 29, 2021, 9:08 am