Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are no more stars in EL skys...
I thuaght about it today with a friend of mine. I got into a conclusion that there are no more stars in the euroleague. I'll try to explain:

-Sars is not in shape, much as DDD and others.

-Vujcic is inured day on and day of.

-Macas is not playing like we used to see.

-watching one of the best guards in the El , Tarajan Langdon, shooting 3pointers only is not somthing to be proud of, other good playres are not at the same levels of those who left.

-Navaro, Scola, Parker, Barangani, Calderon, Hermann

any way all I wanted to say is I think the Euroleague lost it's shiny spark, there are good playres but I don't get the same feeling from them like from those who lesft/injured...

what do u think?
There are still Šiškauskas, Papaloukas, Diamantidis, Rudy Fernandez and others. And rising stars like Rubio and Pekovic. The sky still shines Smile
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Quote:There are still Šiškauskas, Papaloukas, Diamantidis, Rudy Fernandez and others. And rising stars like Rubio and Pekovic. The sky still shines Smile

Won't u agree that they are shining much less?
I think many feel this way for various reasons this season...

Some reasons could be:

Injuries: Stars such as Vijcic, Macijauskas, Batiste and more missed a lot of games due to injury and never found their shape during the Euroleague season...

Role distribution: Some star players such as Jasikevicius and Macijauskas landed in crowded teams and never really got the roles they deserve and never had the chance to play 35+ minutes per game in order to shine... Also their teams got easily knocked out of the Euroleague...

ULEB Cup: Some stars like Rudy, Ricky Rubio, Fotsis and others in the ULEB CUP. They are surely missed in the Euroleague...

One reason could be the ease with which European youth leaves Euroleague to land on a D-League or NBA bench. For example Belinelli and Perovic...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:One reason could be the ease with which European youth leaves Euroleague to land on a D-League or NBA bench. For example Belinelli and Perovic...

I totally agree...lets not forget that ALOT of Euros go over to the NBA and land on the bench and RARELY get significant minutes...Boki, Nenad, Marco, Saras, Maci, Calderon (at first no minutes then finally got good mins when ford got hurt and played great), Sergio Rodriguez, Jorge Garbajosa...

LOTS of players dont play BIG minutes even though I am sure they would play well if given solid minutes.

Thats why players like Fran Vasquez, Rudy Fernandez, and even others arent so looking forward to going to the NBA due to a lack of getting a chance to play significant minutes.
I think that the European teams got another problem. there are no more good americans who comes to play in europe, in fact I can't remember a single good enough american who came to europe in the last 2 years and was so dominating as others.
Quote:I think that the European teams got another problem. there are no more good americans who comes to play in europe, in fact I can't remember a single good enough american who came to europe in the last 2 years and was so dominating as others.

That's so true, especially for my team. We used to have Berry, Rivers, Johnson and now we have Greer, Woods, Lewis etc. That's so true... Angry
and u think that's sad? we used to have Parker ... Sad
Quote:and u think that's sad? we used to have Parker ... Sad

And you think that is sad? We had Dominique Wilkins Blink

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:And you think that is sad? We had Dominique Wilkins Blink

U think that's sad?? we had kevin Mcgee! hhh I like where this topic is going to Smile
Quote:U think that's sad?? we had kevin Mcgee! hhh I like where this topic is going to Smile

You think that's sad? We had Katash Tongue

You think thst i ssadness?!?! Saras won a EL title with us! Biggrin

(I hope u know I'm only joking so no offence)
Ho sorry two consecutive titles Smile
Ok, the point is that there are many stars still in Europe ( in form or not ) and I don't think that the things are really soooo bad. There are more stars in EL skies!!! Wink
I think there are enough stars - Šiškauskas has been extremely consistent for all of his career, Smodš finally got rid of his injuries and shows top class basketball, Massey is producing some excellent results.

Danilo Gallinari is another player who is a star but the weakness of his team overshadowed his talent. Will Solomon has also demonstrated some amazing stuff this year, Pekovič was a surprise star. Rakočevič also was one of the best.

The list goes on and I think that there are still a lot of stars in Europe, although I agree that there's not so much as before, but I personally don't care about it because I love team basketball and I really don't care if there are stars or not.
Quote:Won't u agree that they are shining much less?

On the whole no. This type of perception is actually enlarged as years go by. In a few years you will look back and see that today's players were superstars.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague, EuroCup stars take on Tokyo! EuroLeague News 0 262 Jul 28, 2021, 7:00 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  TURKISH AIRLINES EUROLEAGUE STARS ASSEMBLE FOR SPECIAL HEROLEAGUE MISSION EuroLeague News 0 893 Nov 16, 2019, 11:23 pm
  Top 10 EuroLeague Rising Stars EuroLeague News 0 995 Sep 23, 2019, 10:57 pm
  World Cup recap: EuroLeague stars shine as Roll, Tunisia make history EuroLeague News 0 922 Sep 6, 2019, 10:49 am
  World Cup preview: Euroleague Basketball stars take center stage EuroLeague News 0 877 Sep 3, 2019, 1:52 pm