Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Football (NCAA)
I love college football. These guys bust their *** all day long for 2-4 years. They have such a will to want to make it to the next level that some play hurt, some dont play, but it dont matter its whats best for the team. (unlike pro football)

My favorite team is Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) followed by Texas. Since I am originally from FL I also like the U and UCF (University of Miami and Univ of Central FL).

This season should be coming up soon (few months) and there were alot of good recruits that went to powerhouses as usual, who do you see shining this season?

Personally, I think you'll see Jevan Snead do very well at Ole Miss after he was a High School All American 2 years ago and went to TX and had to sit behind Colt McCoy in his freshman year and last year was redshirted and sat out due to transfer rules. He should have the next 3 years starting all to himself.

I also think Miami and Notre Dame will be good this season as well. Both had great recruiting classes and only time will tell when those players actually "get it" at the college level. But talent is there...

I lose Charlie Weis and I think ND would be crazy to fire him, you gotta have the talent in order to win, no talent no wins....

Lets here from the College Football fan base out there.... <!-- sBiggrin -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]<!-- sBiggrin -->
Ole Miss isn't the bomb. But they are good.

How about dem Sooners'?

Bob Stoops is an awesome coach. 10 years at OU baby. When he played for the Iowa Hawkeyes, he was a two time All-Big Ten as a defensive back. In 2000 as a head coach for OU, he won the national championship. Since 2000, he has NEVER been unranked.

Some of his famous quotes:

“It's pretty obvious we need to continue to develop and improve our passing game, and to make sure of what we're asking our guys to do, they are capable of doing.” (( Atleast he isn't a Bob Knight))

“They outplayed us and outcoached us in most all areas, ... I felt we would be stronger and have a little more attitude than this. I told the players that just because you've done it before doesn't mean you're going to do it again. They may have tuned me out.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Bradford, their QB, in the Fiesta Bowl (( He was the nation's top rated passer)) versus West Virginia, 21/33 242 yards, and two touchdowns. Even though the Sooners suffered a loss that Bob Stoops wasn't happy about, the final result 48-28.West Virginia scored 6 in the first, 14 in the second, 14 in the third, and 14 in the fourth to cap it off.

So yeah - I love NCAA football aswell, and the Sooners.

(( That was a mouthful to write. ))
[Image: aug282007_kobe.jpg]
I'm a die hard hometown team guy in every sport except for pro football.

So I like the Michigan State Spartans no matter how bad they are.
[quote name='"Straight Faced":4js61gyj']I'm a die hard hometown team guy in every sport except for pro football.

So I like the Michigan State Spartans no matter how bad they are.[/quote]

Aye. Spartans are good in Basketball. Now Football, Michigan, we have a problem. <!-- s:p -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif[/img]<!-- s:p -->
[quote name='"Inquest":mdo9jgt1'][quote name='"Straight Faced":mdo9jgt1']I'm a die hard hometown team guy in every sport except for pro football.

So I like the Michigan State Spartans no matter how bad they are.[/quote]

Aye. Spartans are good in Basketball. Now Football, Michigan, we have a problem. <!-- s:p -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif[/img]<!-- s:p -->[/quote]

Hey man we got that new quarterback who transferred from OU, he has to sit out a here, but he could be good.
that's true.. maybe he'll take the spartans..

Keith Nichol is the QB,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Football video clips Black Urum 38 24,590 Oct 27, 2016, 4:18 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  General football talk Black Urum 6 6,393 Dec 4, 2011, 12:47 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  Balkan Football League to be created? stefans 1 3,957 Oct 11, 2011, 4:29 pm
Last Post: Led00
  Best football striker W#ozbutas 11 9,951 Aug 28, 2011, 1:19 pm
Last Post: alen
  Craziest, weirdest, ugliest football players Black Urum 1 5,798 Jun 16, 2010, 11:14 pm
Last Post: Fedfan