Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Four Thread
OK guys let's put everything about Final Four in here.

TAU has (temporarily?) removed Will McDonald from their squad due to his public confrontation with his coach.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

My prediction is that it will be CSKA vs Montepaschi in the final.

A closer look at Final Four teams

CSKA Moscow

Montepaschi

Maccabi

TAU Ceramica
Quote:My prediction is that it will be CSKA vs Montepaschi in the final.

I think likewise.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Euroleague's #1 ref, Luigi Lamonica is out of the Final Four! Ohmy
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

God this days are passing slowly!!!!
just a small newsflash starting 1.7.08 Maccabi "Elite" Tel Aviv will be called Maccabi "Electra" Tel aviv. "Elite" company was the main Sponser for Maacabi basketball club for 40 years, not somthing that we used to see in world sport. Now "Elite" has beeb bougth by "Staruse"."Electra" is one of the biggest company in Israel and deals with air conditioners.
Quote:just a small newsflash starting 1.7.08 Maccabi "Elite" Tel Aviv will be called Maccabi "Electra" Tel aviv. "Elite" company was the main Sponser for Maacabi basketball club for 40 years, not somthing that we used to see in world sport. Now "Elite" has beeb bougth by "Staruse"."Electra" is one of the biggest company in Israel and deals with air conditioners.

Will the new sponsor invest more money? If so, then it would certainly be a good move for the club.
"Electra" will propably invest the same amount of money like "Elite". most of Maccabis budget is from broadcasting, all season tickets, and owners money.
Sound's good, now their salary is quite big 16.000.000(usa$) 10.216.867(Euro's).but if some money would be added they might buy some nice another jewish star or something.
by rumoures here I can say that cummings, unless he gives an outstading numbers in the F4 will leave, will leave the club and Maccabi might add Terre Simons.
Many pictures and videos of Maacabi enjoing the Final Four air in the last 20 years... I't's mostly in hbrew but there are many pictures and videos u can watch. From the days o Berkovic to katash and Parker... have fun.
Quote:Euroleague Basketball is proud to announce that the 2008 Final Four in Madid will again be one of the most-covered sporting events in the world. Television broadcasts of the Final Four will reach 159 countries and a potential audience of 1.7 billion television viewers, not counting many more who can watch the games on Euroleague.TV. The number of journalists accredited to cover the Final Four on-site in Madrid is more than 600, coming from a record 31 different countries. "Euroleague Basketball is thankful that media organizations across the globe have confirmed again the value that the Final Four holds for their audiences," said Jordi Bertomeu, the CEO of Euroleague Basketball. "The Final Four has become a staple among the world's great sporting events and we see the proof in the unprecedented demand by media organizations to be a part of this special weekend of basketball and related events." The 2008 Final Four will be played from Friday, May 2 to Sunday, May 4 at the Community of Madrid Sports Palace in the Spanish capital.

With 19 countries represented among the players and coaches on the four participating teams - CSKA Moscow of Russia, Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv of Israel, Montepaschi Siena of Italy and Tau Ceramica of Spain - the Euroleague Final Four is among the most diverse and international team sports event in the world. The same goes for its coverage by the media.

Fans in a 159 countries and territories will be able to enjoy Final Four television coverage thanks to media partners and host broadcaster TVE of Spain. The ESPN family of networks is the largest broadcaster of the games, reaching 46 African countries, 25 Caribbean countries, 23 more in central America, as well as Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and others. African coverage is guaranteed by Canal Plus France's African feed. NBA TV will carry the games in the United States and Canada.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/31437/180/item
The EL managersare taking dopes for sure! the EL final 4 is not that of an event like they are saying it is. most televisions and nrews papers do not talka abot this event like they does in soccer or other sports like Formula 1.
Well they are at least expanding. More media coverage is always a good thing. What did you expect to hear from the Euroleague website? Smile
Quote:Well they are at least expanding. More media coverage is always a good thing. What did you expect to hear from the Euroleague website? Smile

I expect them to say: "We are bunch of cocktails party dancer who knows sheet about how to handle a basketball competition"
Top 10 of previous Final Four's
Montepaschi 85-92 Maccabi

Congrats to the Yellows. Siena had a good start and I though they could do it. But they were losing control during the game and in the end Maccabi used that. Yet again I was wrong with my prediction.
Congrats to Maccabi! Great comeback and quite an entertaining game. I guess at some point in the game Siena wanted to burn time and relaxed a bit, but it was just to early, they thought they had the game in their hands, but they hadn't. Maccabi started killing Siena with 3-pointers and the Italians became just too nervous to handle the pressure as they saw Maccabi approaching. Diener in some crucial plays and McIntyre buried Siena; the key was to organise plays and play as a team, not trying to get a solution individually with still some time left. Lack of organisation.

I think the turning point of the game was the technical on Lavrinovi?, but why was it called? He seemed to flop and I can't get any other explanation besides that one. Anyway, after some problems in the team, injuries and a coach change, Maccabi get to the final. Amazing!
McIntyre was great but he got too confident and wasted some three pointers. As you pointed rikh, Siena relied on individual plays too much. And you can't win such in that way.

By the way Sharp had 17 points when he averaged around 4 in Euroleague.
Now TAU vs CSKA. I'm really enjoying Prigioni, great pass to Splitter, important rebound and steal previously. It's these little things that decide close games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obradovic leads final goodbyes to Coach Ivkovic EuroLeague News 0 307 Sep 26, 2021, 2:49 pm
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague preseason: Efes, Panathinaikos to meet in tourney final EuroLeague News 0 315 Sep 22, 2021, 4:44 am
  Micic is chosen Final Four MVP EuroLeague News 0 383 Jun 7, 2021, 9:47 pm
  Final Four standouts: 'The pressure is definitely different' EuroLeague News 0 336 Jun 4, 2021, 9:35 am
  Final Four return title-chasers: 'Motivation is huge' EuroLeague News 0 363 Jun 3, 2021, 5:36 am