Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek A1 Playoffs 2008
Semi-final

Panathinaikos vs. Panionios

Olympiakos vs. Maroussi

So we will see either Panionios or Maroussi in Euroleague next year. I think nobody has any doubts who will play in the final.
Do you think Maroussi or Panionios could be as good in Euroleague as Aris? What are their budgets like?
[quote name='"Vilius":3r6qg8jp']Do you think Maroussi or Panionios could be as good in Euroleague as Aris? What are their budgets like?[/quote]

No way. Of course, I think that Lianos ( chairman of Panionios ) or Vovos ( chairman of Maroussi ) will assist the team with new transfers and bigger budget, if they team manage to play in next year's Euroleague. Right now, Panionios is the 4th team in Greece concerning the budget allocation, and Maroussi in the Top8.
Yes I do. Even the current Panionios squad is much better than Aris' squad both last season and this season. In fact this is the best Panionios squad of all times...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

[quote name='"Arkadios":1y0h63fo']Yes I do. Even the current Panionios squad is much better than Aris' squad both last season and this season. In fact this is the best Panionios squad of all times...[/quote]

Do you really believe this ? Especially the last one ? Best squad of all times ? Well, ok it's your opinion Arkadios, but I disagree. Anyway, we will see... <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->
Aris have many of good players

In next season they will not have Jermiah but they can buy new good player like Maccey <!-- s:cool: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/coolio.gif[/img]<!-- s:cool: -->
Olympiacos advanced to the greek finals, after winning Marousi BC by 64-63 at the last shot.. <!-- sOhmy -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ohmy.gif[/img]<!-- sOhmy -->

Branco Milisavlieviv lost the last winning shot, and now the games are:

Finals: Panathinaikos-Olympiacos

For the ranking 3-4: Panionios-Marousi
Sorry, you may never saw me whining about the refs, but yesterday, they played a great role, in PAO's win against my team. In the last 6 secs, refs did 3(!!!) mistakes, and I'm pretty sure, none from the PAO's fans can really admit this. So I have a video:

[url="http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=69&vid=8464"]http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=69&vid=8464[/url]

From 00:38! Printezis is shooting the free throw and miss it. At the same time, Tsartsaris is pushing ( in not proper way ) Vasilopoulos, almost outside of the lines of the arena. I think this is a foul for Olympiakos. Also, when Blackney grabs the rebound, Saras touch his hand. I think this is a foul too, at least from what the refs gave in the second period, when the exact same players ( Blackney from Olympiakos and Saras from Panathinaikos ) had the exact same incident, but upside down ( Saras get the foul from Blackney ). The third and the last mistake is that, when Printezis is shooting the ball after Blackney's rebound and Vasilopoulos pass, Basiste is touching the "dash" from the hoop. The basket should count in, no matter what happened to the ball. At least that what rules are saying.

I'm pissed guys. The game was great, the refs weren't so bad, UNTIL this incident. I'm very disappointed. I feel that for one more time ( as Piloides did the last season ), the refs and they decisions, steal a huge win from my team. Anyway...
If the referees change the way they interpret certain situations during the game then it is really disappointing. Especially in the final when the game costs so much. Maybe next time they will make mistakes for Oly <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->
[quote name='"Vilius":1iojq5ro']If the referees change the way they interpret certain situations during the game then it is really disappointing. Especially in the final when the game costs so much. Maybe next time they will make mistakes for Oly <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->[/quote]

You know, I don't really want the refs to make mistakes for one team, against the other. I prefer a 50-50 instead a 70-30 for my team. I like basketball, but at these days, refs and their decision, can give a whole championship to one team and "steal" it from the other team. The two teams, played great basketball yesterday, the two coaches played great "chess" yesterday, but the refs decided for one more time, to end up all this great game, in a sacky way. And that's makes me sick... <!-- sAngry -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif[/img]<!-- sAngry -->

Anyway, I think yesterday's Oly, has the potential to tie the series in 1-1. <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->

PS. PAO's chairman is making me sick, too. Shame on him. Greek fans, know why, some people deserve the respect from anyone...
Olympiakos 71:55 Panathinaikos (1-1)

Olympiakos: Lynn Greer 20, Panagiotis Vasilopoulos 12, Giorgos Printezis 9.

Panathinaikos: Å ar?nas Jasikevi?ius 13, Dimitris Diamantidis 11, Vassilis Spanoulis 10.

Waiting for comments from our Greek members <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->
Also, Marousi BC won again Panionios BC and with the 2-0 in the row, is having the great advantage of getting the third place in the greek league. Marousi wants one more win! <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->

Goodmorning from Thessaloniki,Greece!

P.S. Olympiacos played very cleverly yesterday, and Sofoklis Shortianitis was the big-man for the reds, because Panathinaikos couldn't do anything when Sofoklis was playing.. Lynn Greer put some big shots and we're goin' to have another great match tomorrow!
[quote name='"Konstantinos":3oin9s99']Also, Marousi BC won again Panionios BC and with the 2-0 in the row, is having the great advantage of getting the third place in the greek league. Marousi wants one more win! <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->

Goodmorning from Thessaloniki,Greece!

P.S. Olympiacos played very cleverly yesterday, and Sofoklis Shortianitis was the big-man for the reds, because Panathinaikos couldn't do anything when Sofoklis was playing.. Lynn Greer put some big shots and we're goin' to have another great match tomorrow![/quote]

And Vasilopoulos too... <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->
Not much to say about this game. Olympiakos won square and fair.

They got help form all their players, including those coming off the bench. They used Big Sofo in a smart way so that he could fill up the paint and destroy any defensive system either by finishing himself or passing the ball to the player who was coming off the pick.

Again, Olympiakos used the zone defense in a large part of the game and again PAO couldn't score some free threepointers, but that will change at one point and the threepointers will pour down...

Panathinaikos had all players in a bad day, like Batiste who had a rare bad game. Spanoulis was totally out of it running into Olympiakos big guys all the time and should be put on the bench.

Winston proved once more that he does not belong to PAO squad. Jasikevicius tried in offense but again talked too much and played shitty defense... Diamantidis got two quick fouls and was withdrawn to the bench of a large part of the game. Becirovic was sick and didn't play...

Oh well... the series go on tomorrow...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

2-1 well. I don't want really to comment on the last match in OAKA. I could easily say that PAO didn't won fair enough, BUT, if only Olympiakos had scored some more easy free throws, we maybe had grabbed the win. So, I may appear weird or something ( as I think that the first game in OAKA, was a bit unfair, and the second one, NOT ), but I think that PAO was the winner, not from refs help, but from Olympiakos misses...

I still think that the series will go to 5 games. I will be in "Peace and Friendship" arena, today! I hope that we will not have the same we had in the 3 past games. Cheers! <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giannis Antetokounmpo aka The Greek Freak skangles 10 9,632 Oct 20, 2016, 11:35 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2011/12 Greek A1 Black Urum 34 21,879 Jun 8, 2012, 9:55 am
Last Post: stefans
  Archive Greek videos, pics and articles Black Urum 19 17,466 Apr 15, 2012, 10:43 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  2011/2012 Greek rumours and signings Kenneth23 42 25,015 Feb 2, 2012, 3:12 pm
Last Post: smooth criminal
  Greek Basketball League Arenas forum troll 24 30,488 Nov 1, 2011, 10:17 pm
Last Post: Basketball Player