Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 11/12 regular season thread
The regular season started yesterday, I had a lot of expectations from the battle between the champs and runner-up but it was very one-sided, LeBron answered all the criticizers with a huge game (but he still has proofs to give in the playoffs).

I also watched the ending of Lakers-Bulls, Deng was simply amazing.. he was doing everything on the floor, blocked Bryant on last shot, took important rebounds, had important steals and hit some crucial shots on offense.. I was very impressed.

BTW NBA TV is free till Jan 9th, you just need to register and it takes about 1 minute, definitely worth it.
Quote:The regular season started yesterday, I had a lot of expectations from the battle between the champs and runner-up but it was very one-sided, LeBron answered all the criticizers with a huge game (but he still has proofs to give in the playoffs).

I also watched the ending of Lakers-Bulls, Deng was simply amazing.. he was doing everything on the floor, blocked Bryant on last shot, took important rebounds, had important steals and hit some crucial shots on offense.. I was very impressed.

BTW NBA TV is free till Jan 9th, you just need to register and it takes about 1 minute, definitely worth it.

You mean, we can see NBA games live from NBA TV??? Were exactly should I go?

The lakers-Bulls game was amazing!!!

Indeed, Deng did everything including the final steal(then Rose took the ball and hit the gamewinner) and the final block on Kobe!!!

He's an underrated and amazing defender! He's an all-around player who does everything well!!! Thup Thup Thup

Our defense, as I saw yesterday, will be like last year's(best in the league) and maybe better!!!

I think that this year's clear favorites are:

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Thunder

This year's playoffs will be the most competitive we'll have seen in a very long time!!! Thup

Can't wait!!!
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Here https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform

you got that line in red (free preview dec25-jan9 start watching) click on it and register.

I don't think that the bulls will go beyond the East final, I think that the Heat will be the Eastern team in the finals, the west is a huge question mark though, I hope the Spurs will have a last good playoff run of the trio and after they're out (which will probably happen) I'm with the Thunder, I just love watching them.
Quote:Here https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform

you got that line in red (free preview dec25-jan9 start watching) click on it and register.

I don't think that the bulls will go beyond the East final, I think that the Heat will be the Eastern team in the finals, the west is a huge question mark though, I hope the Spurs will have a last good playoff run of the trio and after they're out (which will probably happen) I'm with the Thunder, I just love watching them.

Thanks!

I hope to see a final series between the Bulls and the Thunder!!!!! Thup
Miami is just amazing team or 3 players who makes team Crazy Anyway they are clear favorites for ring Wink

For me the best style have Boston they are simply team.They are similar to Euroleague teams. Cool
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:Miami is just amazing team or 3 players who makes team Crazy Anyway they are clear favorites for ring Wink

For me the best style have Boston they are simply team.They are similar to Euroleague teams. Cool

Bulls are TEAM too!

Ok, they have the MVP but he's very humble team worker and has European mentality on how(team basketball) to play the game! Thup
Quote:Bulls are TEAM too!

Ok, they have the MVP but he's very humble team worker and has European mentality on how(team basketball) to play the game! Thup

bulls celtics and spurs,are similar with euroleague teams.the 3 of them have great spacing on offense and hard nose defense.prety much ''our'' style..
I have noticed many NBA teams are becoming like Euroleague teams. More team driven and less star driven. Many experts believe it is because the lack of a true centers. I believe the Euro change in NBA is because of lack of super-stars. NBA players are slowly learning they have to play together to beat teams like the HEAT. This is how Dallas beat the Heat. Dirk was amazing and everyone contribute 100% even the bench. Here is a short list of teams I believe that play team ball in the NBA.

Timberwolves

This is very Euro style team! All the bigs Kevin Love, Darko can hit jumpers. JJ Barea, Rubio, Ridniour are past first point guards. Most of the starters can pass the ball well. Kevin Love can run high screen plays with Rubio and back off to hit the 3pt!

Roster: http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_/nam...mberwolves

Kings

The Kings are extremely talented bunch. All of the guards can pass the ball, Hit 3pt and drive to the basket. The depth of the Multi-skilled guards is amazing. They murdered the Lakers last night with 3pt shooting and nifty interior passing. http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_/nam...ento-kings

Raptors

Have a very Euro feel to their team. Except they don't play defense well. Offensively they are a very Euro team. Look at the roster and see why. 6 international players! http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

BULLS

I do not believe Bull are like Euroleague team in mechanics. I do believe in spirit they are similar. Team effort 100% on defense and offense. Derrick rose is the star BUT he will pass to Korver for the last shot. Every player is dedicated to what's best for the team. Bulls actually remind me some of Macedonia FYROM in Eurobasket. Of course Bulls are more talented. Still their are similarities.

Boston Celtics

They play team ball. Everyone knows its not about 1 person or 4 people BUT everyone must contribute. Doc Rivers the coach is very crafty. All of the players have high BB IQ. Even KG is smart player who acts crazy but if you watch him he knows what he is doing. Rondo is a very crafty point guard.

Indiana PACERS

Watch the PACERS play the bulls in the 2010-2011 playoffs. Pacers passing and team play was very Euro style. Its actually a college American style of passing and team defense with zones.

Denver Nuggets

The Nuggets like the Kings and Wolves are a team of deep versatile talent. Many players can play D, shoot 3pt and drive. Nene(brazil), Mosgov(Russia), Danilo Galilinari(Italy), Many other talented players on the roster. http://www.nba.com/nuggets/roster/

Dallas Mavericks

Last year Mavs were the perfect team. Mavs have a new team now. Still the principles of team work, hard defense, passing is still part of this team.http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks

Golden State Warriors

Another NBA team full of young talent that works as a team. Watching them beat the BULLS last night with tough defense and offensive floor spacing was a joy. Stephen Curry is an amazing point guard. He makes his entire team better. Davis Lee is healthy and is playing similar to Kevin love. Marc Jackson seems to be a good coach. He was smart as a point guard so its no surprise. http://www.nba.com/warriors/roster/

There are many other teams that play team ball BUT these teams play similar to Euro teams.
Enjoy the awesomeness of Manu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZEnduOSgXk

Last night I watched Cavs-Raptors, Casspi was very disappointing (all the team was actually) so when the Spurs game started I started watching it, and I enjoyed the sweet revenge Biggrin Timmy got 3 VERY early fouls (and 2 of them are unjustified if you're asking me) and Blair also got in a foul trouble early but the Spurs still managed to control the game and the victory wasn't in doubt after the big run in the 3rd quarter.. Manu was truly amazing, doing everything he wants on the floor with some spectacular shots and penetrations, nice assists (like the vid I posted here) and of course he drew some offensive fouls as usual Biggrin Parker had a good game too with some nice penetrations and good assists, Splitter was a bit disappointing when it comes to scoring but in all the other aspects he did very well and Jefferson actually had a good game Huh as for the rookie Leonard, I really liked his game, his shots weren't falling but it's ok for a first game, he shown great rebounding abilities and very strong defense, I think he might turn out as a great player especially since his coach is pop Biggrin another player in this game was Pargo, he wasn't too good and did many mistakes but I think he can become a solid back-up PG in the league and I wish him luck despite his stupid actions this summer, he chased his dream and I respect that, just don't appreciate the way he did it Bag Rudy Gay was also very good, he had some amazing dunks but it's not enough when you play against a team like the Spurs Biggrin a smalll revenge was achieved!
Ty Lawson 27 points with 4 ast. and 4 reb. against Dallas Cool Considering that he was disaster in Zalgiris Crazy It's much harder to play in Europe than in NBA 100% proved Smile Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Last night I watched the Bulls @ Warriors game and I was pissed!

They(Warriors) were making everything!

Both teams started crazy but in the end of the 1st quarter we started struggling for some minutes and we lost control from very early. Our defense was bad so I knew we would lose. Sad

Although, as always we played very tough defense in the end but the game was already over.

Now(in 30 minutes) I'm about to see the Celtics @ Heat game!!!!!! Thup Thup Thup
Quote:Indiana PACERS

Watch the PACERS play the bulls in the 2010-2011 playoffs. Pacers passing and team play was very Euro style. Its actually a college American style of passing and team defense with zones.

The Pacers have become my favorite team that I have no real reason to like. They have quietly built an extremely solid roster of guys who fly under the radar. I think that I like them because they are exactly what I wish the Bucks could one day become. I will be delighted when the Pacers start knocking off these teams filled with pretentious prima donnas in the playoffs. That is until Mr. Stern conveniently ensures that they are eliminated.
Quote:The Pacers have become my favorite team that I have no real reason to like. They have quietly built an extremely solid roster of guys who fly under the radar. I think that I like them because they are exactly what I wish the Bucks could one day become. I will be delighted when the Pacers start knocking off these teams filled with pretentious prima donnas in the playoffs. That is until Mr. Stern conveniently ensures that they are eliminated.

At this moment The Bucks are murdering the Timberwolves with elite passing and team defense. Amazing display in front of a crazy crowd...
Quote:At this moment The Bucks are murdering the Timberwolves with elite passing and team defense. Amazing display in front of a crazy crowd...

As usual, the Bucks have blown their huge lead and let the Wolves back into the game. One thing I can say is that Jon Leuer was brought in mainly as a crowd pleaser given his University of Wisconsin ties, but this kid can flat out play and seems to have really benefited from his time in the Basketball Bundesliga. He's yet another second round steal for the Bucks (Redd, Ilyasova, Mbah a Moute, etc.). Now if only the Bucks didn't fail so miserably with their first round draft picks.
Quote:As usual, the Bucks have blown their huge lead and let the Wolves back into the game. One thing I can say is that Jon Leuer was brought in mainly as a crowd pleaser given his University of Wisconsin ties, but this kid can flat out play and seems to have really benefited from his time in the Basketball Bundesliga. He's yet another second round steal for the Bucks (Redd, Ilyasova, Mbah a Moute, etc.). Now if only the Bucks didn't fail so miserably with their first round draft picks.

Bucks won! You can't be too hard on them for losing that lead. The Timberwolves have a solid roster. That was a quality win.
How about Rondo averaging 29.5 points in the two first games?!!!! Huh
Wait until Paul Pierce comes back. Wink
Quote:How about Rondo averaging 29.5 points in the two first games?!!!! Huh

Yes but only one statistic matters when it comes to the Celtics... 0-3!!

That will all change when Pierce returns but for now it is refreshing see them at the bottom of the Eastern conference standings.
Quote:Yes but only one statistic matters when it comes to the Celtics... 0-3!!

That will all change when Pierce returns but for now it is refreshing see them at the bottom of the Eastern conference standings.

Yeah, ofcourse.

Just saying...
Clippers who? Crazy

They can have their lob-city shit, the Spurs will keep that W! what a game.. 25 dif with startin 5 players resting (none of them played more than 27m) and that's important in a season like that. Manu was once again amazing, RJ found himself or something, he started this season just great and Parker wasn't great yesterday but he started a run of himself, 8 of his 14 were scored in 4 consecutive possessions. anybody said domination? Blair was also great under the baskets showing some impressive moves over the LA bouncers.. Griffin was very impressive on the Clippers but not because of some crazy dunks but because he shown some huge talent, near the basket and from mid-range. I was very impressed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA experts: Which early-season surprises are here to stay? ESPN NBA 0 392 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Lowe: Ranking the top 10 most fun NBA teams to watch this season ESPN NBA 0 272 Oct 15, 2021, 11:08 am
  Overtime Elite announces 2021-22 schedule, roster for inaugural season ESPN NBA 0 274 Oct 14, 2021, 3:05 am
  Grizzlies' Brooks (hand) to miss start of season ESPN NBA 0 276 Oct 13, 2021, 9:44 am
  The disruptors: Who, and what, could change the course of the 2021-22 season ESPN NBA 0 272 Oct 9, 2021, 1:38 pm